• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
http://applerecon.com/2007/01/23/apple-special-event-on-february-20

We have just gotten an anonymous tip from a source that indicates that Apple is planning a special event on February 20 to introduce Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), iLife ‘07 and iWork ‘07 as well as updated Mac Pros. Mac Pros will be available immediately with a free upgrade to 10.5 when it ships, and the ship date for 10.5 will be confirmed for 3/24/07 as we have been predicting for quite some time now. There is some speculation that we may see a week earlier or later for this event, depending on the status of Leopard, but this is the most likely date which is being planned (by this time, Leopard’s new interface will be complete and the OS will be finishing up testing). What better way to demo Leopard than with a brand new 8-core Mac Pro?

Many will remember that last year, not long after Macworld, Apple had a special event on February 28, 2006, to introduce new Intel Mac Minis and iPod HiFi (see their PR archive here).

The real question on everyone’s mind, however, is…

will we see anything unexpected? Like an updated touchscreen iPod? Or perhaps a 12″ ultra-portable Mac Book Pro? We continue to believe that it’s still going to be a little bit longer before we see either of those… NAB is coming up in April (the 14th-19th) and we’d peg updated Mac Book Pros at this event.

And then, dear Apple Recon Reader (ARR!! :), when will we see the full screen iPod and updated Mac Minis, iMacs, etc.? We don’t have any recon on that, so we’re not just going to make up something like some of the other guys would…if you have any ideas, sound off in the comments section below!

As always, a couple seconds out of your day to Digg us means a great deal to our humble site (more viewers = more exposure, more exposure = more sources, more sources = more recon), much appreciated!!

Who is the "Apple Recon" and do they have any credibility?

If it's the truth, Apple has yet to update their events list.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Special Event on February 20th?

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

An unconfirmed report from AppleRecon claims that Apple will be holding a special event on February 20th to introduce Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), iLife '07, iWork '07 and updated Mac Pros.

We have just gotten an anonymous tip from a source that indicates that Apple is planning a special event on February 20 to introduce Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), iLife ‘07 and iWork ‘07 as well as updated Mac Pros. Mac Pros will be available immediately with a free upgrade to 10.5 when it ships, and the ship date for 10.5 will be confirmed for 3/24/07 as we have been predicting for quite some time now.

Comment

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
They probably should have held it a little bit earlier to steal Vista's thunder. This might actually be the first OS upgrade I'll buy without waiting until I buy a new computer.

Comment

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004
Whatever happens, they have to do something soon. People are getting worried already.

Feb 20th, I was hoping for something before then. Not just Leopard, anything. They can't keep the iPhone on Apple.com front page for 2 months.

Comment

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Let's not make the mistake of last year's February media event and get worked up too much.
Yes, the media made a big deal about last year, but the difference is that Steve Jobs said that there would be Mac announcements soon. And since the biggest Mac product in the pipline (that we know of) is Leopard, I expect they'll show it off.

Comment

Americanloti

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2006
If this is true and they refresh the MBP also, I'm gonna be really pissed. I bought my MBP 2 days ago.

Comment

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Let's not make the mistake of last year's February media event and get worked up too much.

Yes, the media made a big deal about last year, but the difference is that Steve Jobs said that there would be Mac announcements soon. And since the biggest Mac product in the pipline (that we know of) is Leopard, I expect they'll show it off.

Steve said that last year, too, I think. But the biggest release between Macworld 2006 and WWDC 2006 was the Macbooks, and that didn't even get a media event.

So who knows?

Comment

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Leopard on the 24th? That wouldn't be a bad 21st birthday present for me (25th) :D

Although, I definitely do question a Saturday release, which the 24th is. OSX has never been released on a Saturday, plus, none of the shipping companies deliver on Saturdays. I think if it is in fact the end of March, it might be the 23rd, Friday, or 26th, Monday

Comment

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
I sure hope this is true. I've been planning some of my development around Leopard being released. iLife updates, namely iWeb, would also cut down on my level of frustration as well > my GF and her sister have sites that I've made for then in iWeb because it was "easier" for them to update, but given the serious limitations and bugs in iWeb 1, it's been a bigger hassel for me than I ever thought.

I'm prepared to dole out the cash, Apple just needs to get around to letting the things loose. By that time, it'll be iLife '07.333 by that time. That's a bit lame, no?

Comment

ironjaw

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
Cold Copenhagen
This is what I have been waiting for since the Mac Pro's were launched last year: New Mac Pro with Leopard nothing else.

I wanted to wait till Leopard came out before buying a Mac

February 12th is my birthday so if Apple introduces the Mac Pro 8 core on Feb 20th and Leopard in March - I'm happy with it, but not later then March please:)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.