Apple Store could not fulfill my reservation

alexk987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
I waited for over and hour for my 8:30am reservation at my local Apple Store. I had reserved a 128GB Silver 7 Plus. After much waiting around they finally told me that their shipment was short and they could not fulfill my order today. Try back tomorrow and they should be able to get me my phone. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Tell them to pull it from their DOA stock to rectify their mistake. My Apple Store always had a set number of phones held in the back for customers who's phones were DOA. Maybe your store will have that too.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Tell them to pull it from their DOA stock to rectify their mistake. My Apple Store always had a set number of phones held in the back for customers who's phones were DOA. Maybe your store will have that too.
Apparently they don't even have a DOA stock right now

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
I waited for over and hour for my 8:30am reservation at my local Apple Store. I had reserved a 128GB Silver 7 Plus. After much waiting around they finally told me that their shipment was short and they could not fulfill my order today. Try back tomorrow and they should be able to get me my phone. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
That Sucks. Seriously, if Apple wants to maintain their Tier 1 Customer service (like Amazon Prime), that store should've gave you an Apple gift card or something promotional item (free t-shirt like when they open a new Apple store).

chardzard

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I had the same thing happen to me at the Penatgon City store in VA. Reserved a 256GB 7plus in matte black for 8 am. Got there only to be told they didn't have it. I was given $100 gift card as compensation. But this is ********. Don't give me a "reservation" if you don't have the stock.

lw9090

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
I had the same issue here in Cincinnati. Order 7+ 256gb, they have no idea when it will be in. I am pissed!!!!

Reactions: Ladyc0524

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
I had the same thing happen to me at the Penatgon City store in VA. Reserved a 256GB 7plus in matte black for 8 am. Got there only to be told they didn't have it. I was given $100 gift card as compensation. But this is ********. Don't give me a "reservation" if you don't have the stock.
I guess that means I won't be getting mine from there today. Same model.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I would def be polite about it and then tell them how much of a inconvenience it was. Apple usually is good about giving you things in those cases.
This. Apple will do right by you if you calmly explain to them what an inconvenience it was to take time away from work to stand in line for nothing.

I wanted to exchange my 5s in 2013, but due to my own shenanigans I was told I had to go to an AT&T store to get my upgrade fixed, then come back to the Apple Store to do the exchange. It was late, so I had to haul you know what. When I came back, the Apple guy actually apologized and gave me free earbuds and a free lightening cable. All because I screwed up my own stuff!

Apple might have messed some things up in this year's launch but they'll try hard to make it right with people.

pogiboi

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
Just left the Highland Village location where I had an 8AM appointment to pickup my iPhone 7+ Black 256GB phone on IUP. They took 30 minutes to look for the phone before they finally told me they didn't have the phone. No notification before hand that the phone wasn't in inventory. They have no idea when it will come in but said it could be next week. Very disappointed in Apple. Waste of time. They should've known before the morning of that they didn't have the phone so they can notify people. What kind of inventory control is that.......

chardzard

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Just left the Highland Village location where I had an 8AM appointment to pickup my iPhone 7+ Black 256GB phone on IUP. They took 30 minutes to look for the phone before they finally told me they didn't have the phone. No notification before hand that the phone wasn't in inventory. They have no idea when it will come in but said it could be next week. Very disappointed in Apple. Waste of time. They should've known before the morning of that they didn't have the phone so they can notify people. What kind of inventory control is that.......

I agree, someone had to have known this was going to happen, it's obviously not an isolated incident. At least give me a heads up so I don't waste my time.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
I don't understand how they screwed the 7+ launch so badly...

Jezal

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Well I guess you can thank the Iphone Upgrade Lawsuit Folks who forced Apple to put more aside for them. Maybe there should be a second "Reservation didn't receive phone" Lawsuit... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.