Apple Store could not fulfill my reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexk987, Sep 16, 2016.

1. alexk987 macrumors newbie

I waited for over and hour for my 8:30am reservation at my local Apple Store. I had reserved a 128GB Silver 7 Plus. After much waiting around they finally told me that their shipment was short and they could not fulfill my order today. Try back tomorrow and they should be able to get me my phone. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

2. Stereo macrumors member

Apple is simply short on iPhone 7 Plus.

3. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Wow that's some BS. That's not acceptable IMO. If I make a reservation, why would I waste time to come and you not have the device?! Reservations need to be guaranteed, don't make reservations if you don't have the stock to fulfill orders.

4. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

People who waited in line for a Jet Black or a Plus, and were turned away, received $100 gift cards at some locations. Mention the inconvenience tomorrow when you pick yours up and I'm sure they'll offer you something, at the very least, a case.

5. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

Tell them to pull it from their DOA stock to rectify their mistake. My Apple Store always had a set number of phones held in the back for customers who's phones were DOA. Maybe your store will have that too.

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I would def be polite about it and then tell them how much of a inconvenience it was. Apple usually is good about giving you things in those cases.

7. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Apparently they don't even have a DOA stock right now

8. Bootleg Gucci macrumors regular

Bootleg Gucci

That Sucks. Seriously, if Apple wants to maintain their Tier 1 Customer service (like Amazon Prime), that store should've gave you an Apple gift card or something promotional item (free t-shirt like when they open a new Apple store).

9. BD1 macrumors 6502

10. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

I had the same thing happen to me at the Penatgon City store in VA. Reserved a 256GB 7plus in matte black for 8 am. Got there only to be told they didn't have it. I was given $100 gift card as compensation. But this is ********. Don't give me a "reservation" if you don't have the stock.

11. lw9090 macrumors regular

I had the same issue here in Cincinnati. Order 7+ 256gb, they have no idea when it will be in. I am pissed!!!!

12. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I guess that means I won't be getting mine from there today. Same model.

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This. Apple will do right by you if you calmly explain to them what an inconvenience it was to take time away from work to stand in line for nothing.

I wanted to exchange my 5s in 2013, but due to my own shenanigans I was told I had to go to an AT&T store to get my upgrade fixed, then come back to the Apple Store to do the exchange. It was late, so I had to haul you know what. When I came back, the Apple guy actually apologized and gave me free earbuds and a free lightening cable. All because I screwed up my own stuff!

Apple might have messed some things up in this year's launch but they'll try hard to make it right with people.

14. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

Mine was a Verizon model, dunno if that matters.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I'd be really ticked if this happened to me.

16. pogiboi macrumors regular

Just left the Highland Village location where I had an 8AM appointment to pickup my iPhone 7+ Black 256GB phone on IUP. They took 30 minutes to look for the phone before they finally told me they didn't have the phone. No notification before hand that the phone wasn't in inventory. They have no idea when it will come in but said it could be next week. Very disappointed in Apple. Waste of time. They should've known before the morning of that they didn't have the phone so they can notify people. What kind of inventory control is that.......

17. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Mine is ATT but still says Processing so I'm guessing they don't have it.

18. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

I agree, someone had to have known this was going to happen, it's obviously not an isolated incident. At least give me a heads up so I don't waste my time.

19. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

was going to post this! lol

20. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand how they screwed the 7+ launch so badly...

21. Jezal macrumors newbie

Well I guess you can thank the Iphone Upgrade Lawsuit Folks who forced Apple to put more aside for them. Maybe there should be a second "Reservation didn't receive phone" Lawsuit... :D

22. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

Emailed Tim Cook out of frustration. Made me feel a little better, but he'll probably never see it.

23. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yet when I commented on how this has been the worst iPhone launch ever people on this forum attacked me like no other.

24. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

I was upgrading with the iPhone upgrade program....

25. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

It is the worst ever, I joined the IUP this year, but next year I am scared.