Apple Store could not fulfill my reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexk987, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

Had the exact same issue at the OakBrook Illinois store. 8:00 am pick up, black 256GB 7 Plus. Told me they confirm it's headed to the store via fed ex but didn't arrive on time. Offered me a free case and a nylon watch band. Cool of them, not the stores fault. They also told me I was the ONLY person who successfully had the 256 plus reserved. They got ONE in their inventory list and soon it will be mine.

2. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

For those of you that have been to an Apple Store this morning, what was the scene like? I'd like to make a trip over around lunch time to check out the two black models, but I don't want to wait in line just to do that.

3. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

This is utter nonsense. What's the entire point of the reservation then?

I have my pickup appointment for two 7 pluses in matte black at 3pm today, I'm sincerely hoping I don't run into this.

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Only Apple's time is valuable.

The customers? Not so much.

Welcome to the new disorganized Apple.

5. Markarian421 macrumors member

Markarian421

Someone else in one of the IUP threads reported the same thing, he showed up and they told him his phone wasn't there.

6. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Yikes that's bad.

How is it possible that a "supply chain guru" like Cook could run an organization this way?

7. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

Check your order status. If it still says "Processing" chances are, it has not arrived yet.

8. alexk987 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is just another strike against all of us upgrading with the iPhone upgrade program. SO disappointing!

9. pogiboi, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  10. slippery-pete macrumors 65832

slippery-pete

my uncle waited in line for 3 days. Was told he was "guaranteed a jet black 7+". yesterday comes, "oh, we are sorry...no phone, but here is a 25 gift card and we will buy you a smoothie". He was so close to slapping the Apple store employee

11. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

Ah, jealous. I'm still totally in the dark about mine.

12. aristobrat macrumors G5

Maybe they based their initial order amount on all of the "NOBODY IS GOING TO EVER UPGRADE TO AN IPHONE 7" threads popping up here over the last few months. :)

13. YouGoGlenCocoa macrumors member

How disappointing :( to hear of someone elses misfortune while simultaneously being excited for your day but you find out you wont have your new phone through someone else experience :( sorry for that! Ive been there before. Its a stomach sinking feeling

14. Canadia69 macrumors regular

I was hesitant on doing a home delivery but after reading this, ouf I'm relieve..

But I wouldn't worry to much , I'm sure you'll get a call tomorrow telling you they have some :) best of luck

15. Markarian421 macrumors member

Markarian421

That does kind of suck, but I thought the whole point of opening up pre-orders was to get people to stop lining up at Apple Stores hours or days in advance. But they kind of blew that this year . . .

(Out here in the SF Bay / Silicon Valley area it's almost a release day tradition now for the local news reporters to find some guy at an Apple Store that lined up days in advance, often the first in line, but didn't pre-order and didn't get the phone he wanted. And then someone else who pre-ordered and got their phone.)

16. Kahsheh macrumors regular

that is good.

17. joeptp macrumors member

I have a feeling most of you that waited with a reservation will get a call later today or tomorrow. If that's the case, waiting a few hours or day with a $100 gift card is worth it. Best of luck to those and hope you do get that call back asap.

I do think UPS and FedEx are running around like crazy to get these phones delivered. I never seen a UPS package get on the truck for delivery as early as 3AM which was the case for my iPhone today. My house is also near a FedEx hub and I never seen so many FedEx Express trucks on the road (as well as their fleets heading to the hub). So I am sure UPS and FedEx is running behind.

18. mistercrabby macrumors newbie

I had the exact same experience. Had a reservation. Came to pick it up. Waited an hour in the store. Was turned away with no phone.

19. rozelida macrumors member

Did you receive compensation? Highland Village in Houston? Appt later today for 7+ Gold 128GB.

20. slippery-pete macrumors 65832

slippery-pete

He has been doing it for years. He likes talking to people.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nice to see Apple compensate you for their mistake. Hopefully, they will do the same for everyone who have experienced this issue.

22. chardzard macrumors newbie

chardzard

I'm on the phone with a apple CS rep now, and she said there was a major shipping issue that caused many stores to not receive their stock shipments this morning. Still waiting with no word from the local store. They aren't even answering the phone when I call.

23. AceMason macrumors 6502

For people who had this happen to them, did you guys have the "Ready For Pickup" status when you went in?

24. TurboPGT! Suspended

They are not going to have DOA stock today.