Apple Store Employee AMA

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AppleSnitch, Apr 6, 2015.

1. AppleSnitch macrumors member

Let's do this guys, AMA, watch plans, anything.

2. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

What would you know, that we don't?

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Are employees excited or terrified about what is going to take place in their stores in the next few weeks?

4. blah35 macrumors regular

Can I order online at 12:01 a.m. (PDT) on April 10 and pick up in store when the store opens on April 24?

If so, what line will I wait in? Will there be a special line for people who have already paid for their watch and just need to pick it up?

5. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Will the bands be available separately on launch day?

6. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

Yes, if the stock that is determined online doesn't run out you can make a product reservation and pay at the store on the 24th. Online portal will show you your pick up date at the store.

Most units will get reserved prior to the 24th, so on launch there will be no units for people to reserve and purchase for the same day but they can reserve for a future day

----------

Yes.

7. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

8. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Thanks!

9. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

Both, we are undertaking so much training it's been crazy. There's even different videos per model that we have to learn and go over as each model has a different try on method

----------

Plenty.

10. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Ask Me Anything. It's something usually done on Reddit where someone, usually a celebrity or public figure, says "Ask Me Anything" and tries their best to answer people's questions.

11. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

That's cheating.

12. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Oh. OK. Thanks.

Which watch are you getting? Have you seen the watches in real life? What are they really like? I'm more interested in your assessment of the different straps.

13. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

Haha, ask questions my good sir. I'll be happy to answer. Overly divulging is no fun.

14. Munky macrumors 6502

Will we be able to make a try on appointment at midnight on Friday the 10th to try one on later that same day or the next day?

15. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Apple said that having "favorites" marked in our app will help in the demoing process. Is this also true with speeding up the actual purchasing rush on the 10th?

I'd like to just login and purchase my favorites.

16. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

I've only seen them when I visited Apple Campus, and when I reciveced the try on models to start setting up for Friday. think the sports are ugly as can be, the space grey sport is okay.

Definitely interested in the stainless with a leather or Milanese strap. Still hoping we get either a free watch or a large discount but no announcement yet,

Most employees haven't seen the watches except the visual team leaders and the employees at corporate. Everyone else will see them the morning of.

17. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

How much stock do you expect?

18. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

Yes, both are true. Favorites will let the concierge system in the store know which ones you'll be interested in trying on and they will be saved online for easier purchase on the 10th

19. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

20. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

Very low numbers, which is why this new product reservation system has been set. But now finally if you walk in to the store and we don't have it in stock, we can order it for you to come pick up at a later date, you'll know exactly what date and you'll pay when you come back to purchase

21. nobody08 macrumors regular

nobody08

will there be a limit on pre ordering on the 10?

22. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

In your opinion, what important functionality hasn't been spotlighted yet?

23. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I felt like this still did not answer the underline question. Can you preorder on Friday for in-store pick up, or is the only option home delivery for online orders placed Friday when it goes live?

24. AppleSnitch thread starter macrumors member

Ha, yes. Apple doesn't really crack down that hard and besides, I'm on public wifi on a VPN with no credentials to trace this back.

25. jordanst macrumors member

jordanst

Are the strap and band sizes in the sizing guide exact, or are there a few millimetres of +/- leeway?