Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obargy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
Hey guys, I forgot to tell you that I got my replaced all-new MBP the day before yesterday : ) So it only takes 8 days for Apple to replace the MBP for me !

But I'm still waiting for the transfer of AppleCare Protection Plan : (

Here some pics at Apple Store Hong Kong Plaza : )

IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2171.jpg
IMG_2172.jpg
IMG_2173.jpg

Reactions: Sanpete

atlas_0

Suspended
Dec 30, 2016
Got my MacBook Pro (15-inch, late2016) couple of months ago. Everything went while, except that I feel the foot stands of my MBP are not on the same height level... When I press the lower left corner of my MBP, I could feel a ignorable gap between the foot stand and the table...

So I sent my MBP to the Genius Bar at Apple Store Hong Kong Plaza (Shanghai). The staff checked my MBP, he verified the problem and found out that it lacks one little screw on the bottom case. The clearance may be caused by that. The staff told me not to worry about that, the problem could be fixed in 2 days. They would try to add a new screw and adjust the four foot stands.

Two days after, just now, they gave me a phone call and told me that, they are sorry for having damaged my MBP!!! The staff told me that when the engineer was repairing the machine, he accidentally touched the mainboard, and unfortunately, damaged it....... I was told that, as my MBP is a custom version, they don't have it in stock, so they need to send my MBP to the factory and send a new one to the store...... This would take about 2~4 weeks....... Oh my god... I was hoping to start my thesis in a few days, but now... I asked if they could provide a backup machine when I wait for my MBP, they told me that they only provide backup machines for iPhone issues... I will heavily rely on my iPad Pro in the next couple of weeks... Our university only provide windows machines in the library... I'm so desperate now...

Hopefully they will send me the new machine using just 2 weeks...

Anyone had a similar experience before? I'm so dissatisfied with the fact that they cannot provide a backup machine...

Look on the bright side here.

One, you're getting a brand new MacBook out of the hassle.

Two, you have an iPad Pro, which will handle the majority of your needs - I speak from experience on that.

Edit: late to the party - enjoy the new mac!

obargy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
Look on the bright side here.

One, you're getting a brand new MacBook out of the hassle.

Two, you have an iPad Pro, which will handle the majority of your needs - I speak from experience on that.

Edit: late to the party - enjoy the new mac!

You're right : ) Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.