Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
That sounds cool. Ahrendts tried to make the store a fashion/designer location. It wasn’t bad, it was just...different. I’m glad to maybe see stuff like this return.
[doublepost=1568048647][/doublepost]
And maybe new AR features with Apple Tags tomorrow?
Designer stores don’t have window displays?

Reactions: tallii4

Since1987

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2016
I got all excited when i saw that one picture that has a banner for "The New 17-inch Macbook Pro". If Only!!
But it's from the past when Pro actually denoted something.

Seriously though, if they are trying to drop some hints that they might be returning to the things that made us love Apple (which were the things that Ive and Gloria detested ) it's all very welcome.

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I got all excited when i saw that one picture that has a banner for "The New 17-inch Macbook Pro". If Only!!
But it's from the past when Pro actually denoted something.

Seriously though, if they are trying to drop some hints that they might be returning to the things that made us love Apple (which were the things that Ive and Gloria detested ) it's all very welcome.

Please don't hold your breath waiting on your hope as we don't want your loved ones to find you cold and blue at the conclusion of tomorrow's Apple presentation. Let's see what they unveil.

ravenstar

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
That price though...;)

Expect them not to be cheap.

I don't know. Wouldn't it be nice if they went back to the old days and shocked us with a stunning low price? I suppose I'm dreaming, but maybe this is one area where it could happen.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I don't know. Wouldn't it be nice if they went back to the old days and shocked us with a stunning low price? I suppose I'm dreaming, but maybe this is one area where it could happen.

For that to happen Apple profits need to tank... Apple needs to do badly for an extended period of time, prices went up for a reason, prices will only go down for reasons too.

Reactions: CarpalMac

honcho

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2011
I almost forgot about Apple tags. It’s probably what I’m looking forward to most tomorrow. There’s a few things I can think of attaching them too. I just hope they can easily be attached to keychains, but I’m sure the accessory market will take care of that.
I wish Apple had tagged their innovation before they lost it.

Reactions: LiveM

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013

With all due respect, things have really hit a low point if you/we/customers are shocked / pleased and satisfied if they announce a stunning low (fair?) price for a minor product such as a tile or tracker. Let's aim a little higher shall we and only respond positively if prices on big ticket items are rolled back into fair and sensible ranges.

ravenstar

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
For that to happen Apple profits need to tank... Apple needs to do badly for an extended period of time, prices went up for a reason, prices will only go down for reasons too.

I don't see existing product prices going down soon, but I'm thinking about the rumored Apple Tags. Apple used to give us one or two surprising new features or hardware priced well under what anyone expected, all the while maintaining their margins due to volume. This feels like a place where they could do that again.
[doublepost=1568053454][/doublepost]
With all due respect, things have really hit a low point if you/we/customers are shocked / pleased and satisfied if they announce a stunning low (fair?) price for a minor product such as a tile or tracker. Let's aim a little higher shall we and only respond positively if prices on big ticket items are rolled back into fair and sensible ranges.

It depends. A plain old tag that's been done by dozens of others isn't going to be exciting. It'll have to have a new level of refinement, pricing and capability. I know, as I said, I'm sure I'm dreaming, but if anyone will do that, it'll be Apple.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Designer stores don’t have window displays?

The new Apple Store design is basically all doors, haha. At least my nearest one is, it's actually pretty cool, you can easily walk in and out if you wanted to look. But then there's no place to put this window display stuff. They might just close some of the doors to become the new "windows".

Since1987

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2016
Please don't hold your breath waiting on your hope as we don't want your loved ones to find you cold and blue at the conclusion of tomorrow's Apple presentation. Let's see what they unveil.
Most think that there actually WILL be a 16" MacBook Pro announced tomorrow. If true, the fact that they made ( or were allowed to make ) that computer at all i think makes a statement. I've expected the worst from Apple since Jobs took ill and Cook took over. My glasses are definitely not rose colored. But i really do think since the demise of Ive and Gloria there are subtle signs of a possible return to Apple normalcy.

Malarkey

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2007
Really wish they'd put these multiple iPhone cameras to use and actually take 3D photos and display them like my old HTC Evo 3D phone. The 3D screen could be turned on and off. That would be a cool option. May be too niche for Apple, though. Wish they'd create something cool and fun for a change.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Ooh 3D it is so current and innovating. I wonder how many people tried to walk through the 3D windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.