Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lietsche

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006
Sorry. No refresh rates show up even when option clicking. The only thing option clicking gives me is the different resolutions I can change to.
Thank you for checking.
This makes me believe that the refresh rate is locked to 60 hz which is a bummer (for me)

Last edited:
Reactions: Martyimac

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
Testing out a new ASD from the refurb store and it is as gorgeous a screen as my imac 27" 5K retina, thought the speakers are a massive upgrade. The screen does look a bit better than even the 5K, maybe apple improved the color application and uniformity.

Arctic Moose

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
How does the Studio Display compare in overall quality to the 16" (M1 Pro) MacBook Pro's display?
For my uses (which granted, aren’t all that demanding) I would say they are comparable as far as image quality is concerned. The one thing that really bugs me in this comparison is the lack of ProMotion. Scrolling websites is so much better on the MacBook.

Edit: Sorry, comparing to the 14”, not the 16”.

trevor-b

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2022
Will the tilt+height adjustable stand help me in lowering the monitor when compared to the tilt-only stand?

I'm curious what is the distance from the bottom of the monitor to the table top with both these stands.

Thanks.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Will the tilt+height adjustable stand help me in lowering the monitor when compared to the tilt-only stand?

I'm curious what is the distance from the bottom of the monitor to the table top with both these stands.

Thanks.
I measured my tilt only ASD and it's 4 5/8" from the table top to the bottom of the monitor's frame. I don't have a height adjust model to tell you but I think it could go lower 1" and higher 3" but wait until someone with that ASD can confirm.

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 12.24.13 PM.png

the height-adjustable doesn't go any lower unfortunately

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012

Thanks.
An issue that is commonly overlooked in the ASD with the adjustable height stand is that when it is lowered, the screen moves closer to you as it is on a hinge, so your distance from the screen changes as you raise/lower the monitor.

doccho

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2007
I found out the link below that Apple says it's OK to use Clorox wipe to use on the display.

Did anyone try to use such wipe to clean ASD? I used it for iPad and MacBook, but I am not sure if ASD is OK, though.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I found out the link below that Apple says it's OK to use Clorox wipe to use on the display.

Did anyone try to use such wipe to clean ASD? I used it for iPad and MacBook, but I am not sure if ASD is OK, though.
Just use WHOOSH. It’s what they use in Apple stores.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Interesting. Never heard of that brand, but think I will try it. Does Apple use the wipes or the spray?
What I've seen is spray but that doesn't mean they don't use wipes as well. I use the spray and the provided cloth.

trevor-b

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2022
An issue that is commonly overlooked in the ASD with the adjustable height stand is that when it is lowered, the screen moves closer to you as it is on a hinge, so your distance from the screen changes as you raise/lower the monitor.

Thanks! I was hoping it would go lower as the standard stand is a tad taller than what I would like. I could try tilting the screen inwards to get the camera angle I want, but then that looks weird.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Thanks! I was hoping it would go lower as the standard stand is a tad taller than what I would like. I could try tilting the screen inwards to get the camera angle I want, but then that looks weird.
With center stage you don't need to worry about that, the camera is always at a good angle in my experience. Unlike the iMac I had before which was aimed too low and I had to til the screen up every time so be somewhat in the center.

Reactions: ascender

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I hope that the mount for the Studio Display allows for a side mount instead of just top mount. And implement a swivel adjustment too. I think a side mount would make the sightline much better.

iJaximus

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2022
How does the Studio Display compare in overall quality to the 16" (M1 Pro) MacBook Pro's display?
I have the exact setup you mentioned. Apart from no ProMotion which can be a little disturbing when moving between displays, there's really not much to complain about. Both displays looks great and I mainly use the Studio Display when doing work due to the screen size.

Go for it if you're on the fence. The speakers is something to brag about to be honest. It's better than the 16 inch m1 Macbook itself.

Reactions: thatguyshan

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I highly suggest just using a damp cloth (just water). I don't know what kind of grime y'all are getting on your ASDs but I've never had anything I couldn't get off with just water, and it's the safest thing to use.
Ummm I eat in front of my screen. Sometimes I get a lil messy. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: CyberDavis

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
I highly suggest just using a damp cloth (just water). I don't know what kind of grime y'all are getting on your ASDs but I've never had anything I couldn't get off with just water, and it's the safest thing to use.
Seriously, a soft, old 100% cotton t-shirt slightly moistened and another one to dry off the excess water will be more than sufficient to get our ASDs looking all happy, shiny and new again. That's what I've always used.

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
Has anyone experience computer crash after upgrading to Ventura? I use two MacBook Pros, personal and work, whenever I switch, the computer would crash/restart. This even happens with iPad Pro (after upgrading to 16)

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Has anyone experience computer crash after upgrading to Ventura? I use two MacBook Pros, personal and work, whenever I switch, the computer would crash/restart. This even happens with iPad Pro (after upgrading to 16)
I think this belongs in the Ventura forum but my M1 Studio, M1 iMac, and M1 MBAir all work just fine, no crashing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.