Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
Hello everyone, I purchased my Apple Watch on day one back in 2015. I have the Stainless Steel 42mm. For the past few weeks, I've been having too many issues with the watch smh as extreme slow speed/performence, apps not loading (crashing) and extreme lag.

I called Apple Support and I've had the pleasure to talk with a great representative. She ran a diagnostic test and it came back with no issues, however, there are obviously issues if the watch won't act as a companion (what its meant to do) for the iPhone.

After a few days of talking back and forth, she allowed for me to send screenshots for proof that the watch isn't functioning as its supposed to. She also told me that she would open a case with the Apple engineers. She gathered more data and logs from the phone which she will be presenting that to the engineers.

Does anyone know what will happen from here on? Do you think the engineers will be able to solve the issue? The representative clarified that we will meet a solution regardless of what happened. Does anyone know what that solution may be?

Thanks.

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
If any kind of physical support is needed you might have to send your watch in and pay a fee. Have you tried to restore your watch from factory? I am on an S0 and have had no issues luckily.

Reactions: PeterRollback

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
If any kind of physical support is needed you might have to send your watch in and pay a fee. Have you tried to restore your watch from factory? I am on an S0 and have had no issues luckily.

Actually yes. On the phone we restored the watch and unpaired it about three times (very time consuming) and still nothing.

At this point I'm thinking about just purchasing a S3 but I want to know what Apple says first.

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
Actually yes. On the phone we restored the watch and unpaired it about three times (very time consuming) and still nothing.

At this point I'm thinking about just purchasing a S3 but I want to know what Apple says first.

I wouldnt try unpairing...I would try erasing and just loading minimal apps if none at all.

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
I wouldnt try unpairing...I would try erasing and just loading minimal apps if none at all.

Already erased apps and unpaired it. It’s relativly smoother than having apps, however, the watch is advertised with apps and it’s meant to run them. And that’s what I want but it’s not working.

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
Already erased apps and unpaired it. It’s relativly smoother than having apps, however, the watch is advertised with apps and it’s meant to run them. And that’s what I want but it’s not working.

1. I’m sure not a lot are optimized for the S0
2. Our watches are a couple years old now :)

Just my two cents.

Reactions: PeterRollback
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.