Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
We will defend our nation, even if the cost is war between China and US.

Long Live China!

I'm not going to talk about the South China Sea thing - I haven't been following that closely enough to know what I'm talking about, but war between two superpowers means the world would end within a few minutes.

Superpowers haven't fought each other since World War 2 because of the realization that within a few minutes, nuclear missiles would rain down across the entire planet and destroy everything.

Even if somehow one country managed to destroy the other country before they launched any nuclear missiles, the fallout would still drift across the ocean and would kill everyone in the surviving country within a few months.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Wether you're trolling or not, the PRC would never risk a direct confrontation with the America. Notice how they realised they couldn't bully Japan over the Senkaku Islands, but the Philippines is just an easy mark so they'll continue to see how far they can push it. After a few years of blustering they'll probably 'let' the Philippines fish in the disputed waters as an act of gracious mercy to save face.

Anyway, the PRC's media can rile up people to boycott all the mangoes in the world, but it's just a way to unite people against other countries in the face of a slowing economy. the PRC desperately needs people to spend their money in China, on Chinese products to stimulate the economy. Anyone wasting their money on education or property in Canada is simply being anti-Chinese :p

No we don't. People in China are genuinely pissed by USA. Just like when our polit was killed by US years before.

We Chinese don't need media rile up people. We are fighting with Japanese for Diaoyu island as well. We went far setup our Air Defense zone in East China Sea and our naval ships are around that island as well.

Your so called facts are nothing but lies. This just shows you as arrogant Americans.

Reactions: Agit21

Norbs12

Suspended
Apr 24, 2015
Mountain View, CA
I am genuinely pissed by US gets its hand on our country's affair. I am strong nationalist, just like most of you love your own country.

South China Sea island is ours, I was ours and it will continue be belong to China.

We will defend our nation, even if the cost is war between China and US.

Long Live China!

Here "nationalists" are called "patriots" and they are usually idiots too.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
The territorial claims are not controversial. They are unprecedented and illegal and contrary to several international treaties.

china_conflict.jpg

Don't forget Tibet and others:

main-qimg-32cdb143fc7935825879f28f9c2df5de

Last edited:

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
No we don't. People in China are genuinely pissed by USA. Just like when our polit was killed by US years before.

We Chinese don't need media rile up people. We are fighting with Japanese for Diaoyu island as well. We went far setup our Air Defense zone in East China Sea and our naval ships are around that island as well.

Your so called facts are nothing but lies. This just shows you as arrogant Americans.

It's just economics, mate. While the economy is still great, it's declining year-over-year here (China). <Edited to correct a factual error> The customs declaration lines are huge in Chinas International airports and Customs postal points now because they're trying to stifle the inflow of untaxed foreign goods into the country.

Also, I'm an Architect helping design and build Chinese cities for you, so you should thank me, I'm helping your economy :) When you pop back to China some time, I'll give you a tour. Remember to declare that Louis Vuitton bag that you bought for your mum when you do though!

By the way it was an international tribunal that made the ruling, not 'America', so remember to hate all global ethnicities equally. ;)

Oh and I'm British, terribly sorry to disappoint.

Last edited:

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
US will screw Inida when times fits its crappy interest. US of A is the country that will screw everyone if fits its own interest.

US of A is the self-interest piece of crap in the earth.

One day, the flame of justice will burn all over US of A.

Now let us just watch and see the internal conflicts, white vs black, white vs Hispanic, white vs Muslim, conservative vs liberal, oh and gun owners killing each other.

Do you own an iPhone ? Or Apple device?

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
US should get its dirty hands away from our country. South China Sea islands is ours. US is putting its dirty hands all over the world. No wonder everyone hates USofA.

I cannot wait the day USofA became second rated nation. Mainwhile, I will continue be anti-America.

America, mind your own ****ing business.

Let's look at America's allies in the Pacific:
Japan
South Korea
the Philippines
Australia
New Zealand
Thailand

And China's allies in the Pacific:
North Korea
and...
*crickets chirping*

Even Vietnam is pivoting to America's sphere of influence, thanks to China's short-sighted policies.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Avoid war is the best possible outcome. But if there is no option, war will happen.

But I am not too worried. US will end itself by its internal conflict. Blacks are killing white cops, gun owner are killing each other, homosexuals are getting married and spared SDT all over the place.

Quite the little bigot, aren't you?

Last edited:

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Japan
South Korea
the Philippines
Australia
New Zealand
Thailand

North Korea
and...
*crickets chirping*

Even Vietnam is pivoting to America's sphere of influence, thanks to China's short-sighted policies.

Hey, if this mythical war ever happens, perhaps the ROC can retake the Mainland :D

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Japan
South Korea
the Philippines
Australia
New Zealand
Thailand

North Korea
and...
*crickets chirping*

We don't need allies. USA and its ally aren't United anyway. Do you really think those country truly friend of US? They are just using US to get their objective. That is all.

American think they have friend all over the world, the truth is everybody is using American as tool. And American happies to spend boat load of money for those so called allies.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Oh yeah? Remember Korea War? Our military beat the crap out of USA. Given the drastic difference in power, USA lost the freaking war.

Huh? I was making a joke about poor Chiang Kai Sheck, I'm not sure that has anything to do with the Korean War?

zulkiflim

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Singapore
Japan
South Korea
the Philippines
Australia
New Zealand
Thailand

North Korea
and...
*crickets chirping*

Actually if you look at the countries, all of them can be nuetralised once China brings the man made island online.
Countries close to China are no threat, Japan / Taiwan / South Korea, even if they have US bases.

That why China needs to make those man made islands as buffer zone. If they are successful , the US can't send their warship into the South China Sea.

China and US are fighting for supremacy.
Already the Chinese are expanding further, into the Middle East and Africa.
They are emulating the US soft "colonialism" approach. Using $$$.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Avoid war is the best possible outcome. But if there is no option, war will happen.

But I am not too worried. US will end itself by its internal conflict. Blacks are killing white cops, gun owner are killing each other, homosexuals are getting married and spared SDT all over the place.

As teddy bears go, you're a bit of a meanie. Why, you're not loving at all! :(

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
The PRC even just banned Union Pay in Europe because they don't want the Chinese middle class circumventing the heavily taxable luxury goods that they make so much money from.

Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything...

imwoblin

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
W.O.W.!
Why is this on my main feed? So much for being a Mac enthusiast site...
I'm all for freedom of speech and all, but those of us who have been in harms way defending it don't need or want to read this on Sunday morning..

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
The territorial claims are not controversial. They are unprecedented and illegal and contrary to several international treaties.

I've read the UNCLOS agreement with respect to this and with the declarations China has made after ratification there are holes big enough thread an aircraft carrier through. And there is a provision in the original text for them to do just that.

I'd like to include it here but there are so many links to sections and annexes the cross-referencing would be a mess. Better to use the official site.

Originally Ratified text - December 10, 1982

Here are China's declarations upon and after ratification, which are particularly important to note as they pertain to this exact subject matter

To me it looks they've been planning this for some time. The August 2006 declaration effectively clobbers the one they made in 1996 agreeing to the 200 mile nautical zone as well as having to play nice with anybody.

Last edited:

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Japan
South Korea
the Philippines
Australia
New Zealand
Thailand

North Korea
and...
*crickets chirping*

So much for ally eh?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 114

zulkiflim

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Singapore
I've read the UNCLOS agreement with respect to this and with the declarations China has made after ratification there are holes big enough thread an aircraft carrier through. And there is a provision in the original text for them to do just that.

I'd like to include it here but there are so many links to sections and annexes the cross-referencing would be a mess. Better to use the official site.

Originally Ratified text - December 10, 1982

Here are China's declarations upon and after ratification, which are particularly important to note as they pertain to this exact subject matter

To me it looks they've been planning this for some time. The August 2006 declaration effectively clobbers the one they made in 1996 agreeing to the 200 mile nautical zone as well as having to play nice with anybody.

Laws are man made ... a hopeful semblance of unity and consensus.

Until each country make loopholes and ignore it.
EVERY country does it.. Every country think it is doing the best for its own sake or the world, the mantra " we know best"

We create the law and break it when it suits us.
We force other to follow the laws and claim ignorance when we break it.

In this age of technology/mobility/globalisation/information ...hopefully the new age will herald a new beginning, the old ones are still clinging to the past.

Like Apple dumping the 3.5mm headsets.......Its time.....:)

Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.