Apple Targets Windows 7 With Three New 'Get a Mac' Ads

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Following through on claims that Apple would launch new advertising targeting Windows 7, the company today posted three new "Get a Mac" commercials to its ad gallery and began airing them on television.

The first commercial, entitled Broken Promises, features PC announcing the availability of Windows 7, stating that it's "not gonna have any of the problems my last operating system had." The ad then progresses through a series of flashbacks of PC, wearing the fashion of the respective dates, making similar promises at the release of previous Windows versions.

The second ad, entitled Teeter Tottering, features a Windows XP user named Annie who is moving to a Mac for a "fresh start" with a computer line-up rated #1 in consumer satisfaction. As part of Annie's rationale for making the switch to Mac, she notes "I could stick with what I know, but what I know is pain and frustration."

The third commercial, entitled PC News, features PC as a news anchor speaking to an in-the-field reporter at the Windows 7 launch. The reporter interviews several excited customers who are switching to Mac, noting "If we have to move all of our stuff, why not move to the computer that's number one in customer satisfaction?"

Article Link: Apple Targets Windows 7 With Three New 'Get a Mac' Ads

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
"Whoa whoa whoa, cut the feed, let's go to commercial."
"Um, we are a commercial."

Great stuff.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Oooo, fresh and exciting!

Seriously though, I enjoy the iPhone commercials so much more because they focus on what their product does, not what the competitor's doesn't. But I guess they have no reason to do anything new - business is good.

chunksloth

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2009
Shouldn't Apple spend money trying to fix the GIANT BUG THAT DELETES ALL OF A USER'S DATA instead of making commercials?

It would be GREAT if MS made a commercial like that...

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006

Seriously though, I enjoy the iPhone commercials so much more because they focus on what their product does, not what the competitor's doesn't. But I guess they have no reason to do anything new - business is good.
To be honest lets face it the competors havent even come close to what the iPhone can do thats why it really doesnt to deal with that :D

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada
In before the critics. Yes, the concept is getting a little long in the tooth... but these are some effective new ads. :)
You mean:

(Mac guy): "Blah, blah, Windows has to release security patches necessary for safer using..."

And then Apple has to patch a major security flaw a month after SL comes out?

They're highly misleading ads.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Shouldn't Apple spend money trying to fix the GIANT BUG THAT DELETES ALL OF A USER'S DATA instead of making commercials?

It would be GREAT if MS made a commercial like that...
um they are in the next update if you had read the past news upadtes

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada
Apple should stop these arrogant and misleading ads.
Arrogant? Yep. Misleading? Yep. Long in the tooth? VERY!

An overly-sarcastic Don Johnson getup on the PC dude just because they're improving and refreshing? What in the heck did Apple just do a little over a month ago. Oh, yeah, but Microsoft are the dofusses here. Right.

HiVolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada

That's exactly what I've been saying for years... Apple does not illustrate anything about the Mac's features, different models, the bundled software, etc...

These ads were great for the first year. They've been blah to me ever since, since all they keep doing is bashing Windows, and not promoting Macs.

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada
Microsoft needs to take off the kid gloves and punch back at what you REALLY pay for when you buy a Mac:

It's all about elitism. You PAY for the Apple brand name, like you do for a Sony product like a TV. Call it what it is-- the Apple Tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.