Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Teases 'Black Friday' Sale in Online and Retail Stores

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

[center][img]http://images.macrumor...ack_friday_teaser_2010_500.jpg[/img][/center]​
Apple today posted promotional images on its website and sent emails to existing customers teasing the company's one-day "Black Friday" shopping event set for this Friday in its online and retail stores. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States and marks the traditional start to the holiday shopping season. The day brings early store openings and deep discounts from many retailers, and ranks as one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

From Apple's U.S. online store:Wrap it up this Friday.
The special one-day Apple shopping event. November 26.

Come back to the Apple Online Store the day after Thanksgiving for a special one-day-only holiday shopping event. You'll find dozens of great iPad, iPod, and Mac gifts for everyone on your list.

Mark your calendars now. And until then, get started by browsing the Apple Online Store for great ideas.Emails sent to existing customers mention that Apple's retail stores will be opening at 8:00 AM on Friday.

Apple typically offers modest discounts compared to other retailers, although many readers still like to take advantage of Apple's one-day-only prices. We've tracked Apple's annual Black Friday discounts for a number of years now, with last year seeing $101 discounts on iMacs and MacBook Pros, discounted iPod touches and nanos, $30 off of iWork, and deals on a number of accessories from Apple and third parties.

Article Link: Apple Teases 'Black Friday' Sale in Online and Retail Stores

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
Apple Black Friday sales are always pretty lame when you consider you can save more money by buying on Amazon.com and saving the tax.

Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Are the Beatles on sale? :rolleyes:

Dude, it's the holidays, at least in the U.S, try to have some holiday spirit rather than being the first person to post with a snide remark. Is anyone ever happy in this world? :p

Comment

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Tease? We already know... 10% off on consumer desktops, $1.99 off on iPods. Boom! Prices so low they are magical.

Comment

ssb333

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2008
I need to buy an Air Port Extreme. This is what I was waiting for. Woo hooo.

Comment

Sminman86

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Any chance iLife 11 will get that $30 discount on Black Firday? I can't remember if they discount iLife suites on Black Friday.

Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Apple Black Friday sales are always pretty lame when you consider you can save more money by buying on Amazon.com and saving the tax.

I'll have to agree with this. Year after year people here expect some big BF sale at Apple and ends up being nothing more than your average educational discount.

Comment

iDrinkKoolAid

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
I'm a Yank living in the UK, and last year my brother who lives back in the States voluntarily bought me a Magic Mouse with 10% off.

That said, I don't think I have any pressing need for him to buy anything else from the Black Friday sale this year unless it's stuff I really don't need like the Magic Trackpad...

Comment

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
I'll have to agree with this. Year after year people here expect some big BF sale at Apple and ends up being nothing more than your average educational discount.

Not everyone qualifies for an EDU discount and not everyone who doesn't chooses to circumvent the system. For someone who would normally pay the full price the $101 off, or whatever it ends up being this year, is plenty.

I love how on this site the people that complain are the ones irrelevant to begin with. You're the same guy/gal who decides to go and buy it off of Craigslist or other retailer for even less anyway so why bother complaining about something you have no intention of taking advantage of.

This is a great offer for the consumer and on a day which, quite frankly, most manufacturers ignore and most retailers get killed on just to bring people through the door. I'd say this is a good middle ground.

Last edited:
Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Not everyone qualifies for an EDU discount and not everyone who doesn't chooses to circumvent the system. For someone who would normally pay the full price the $101 off, or whatever it ends up being this year, is plenty.

I love how on this site the people that complain are the ones irrelevant to begin with. You're the same guy/gal who decides to go and buy it off of Craigslist for even less anyway so why bother complaining about something you have no intention of taking advantage of.

I never shop on Craigslist, that's quite a huge assumption. Where was I complaining? I mentioned that Apple's BF deals are no more different than the educational pricing. You're also making a huge assumption accusing me and others of circumventing the education discount on Apple's website. If Apple chooses not to monitor that then don't blame the customer. Who ARE you to talk to people like this??
What's next, are you gonna accuse me of illegally torrenting music, movies and software?? Maybe I should go to PirateBay and download a copy of CS5 like some others are doing. :rolleyes:

Comment

johnnymg

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
That made me laugh.

I'm guessing 16 gb iPads are going to be 399 to match those discount stores.

That made me laugh also...................... not a snow-balls chance in hell you'll see Apple sell the 16 GB ipad for 399.

JohnG

Comment

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
I never shop on Craigslist, that's quite a huge assumption. Where was I complaining? I mentioned that Apple's BF deals are no more different than the educational pricing. You're also making a huge assumption accusing me and others of circumventing the education discount on Apple's website. If Apple chooses not to monitor that then don't blame the customer. Who ARE you to talk to people like this??
What's next, are you gonna accuse me of illegally torrenting music, movies and software?? Maybe I should go to PirateBay and download a copy of CS5 like some others are doing. :rolleyes:

Nowhere did I say you circumvented anything specifically, the only time I said you was with regard to finding it elsewhere for less, so I used Craigslist as a general term. I will edit that post for you to make you happy. :rolleyes:

I liken this to the people who cried about the Xserve being discontinued and "oh what options do we have now" yet were never and would never be Xserve customers by their own admission. :rolleyes

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.