Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Some guy just walked out and did a sound check by reading a poem...

Attachments

• FE6B4B1D-EBF4-4A00-A8C9-B4E2DDC5519C.png
    FE6B4B1D-EBF4-4A00-A8C9-B4E2DDC5519C.png
    7 MB · Views: 439

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
If you want watchable content, you have to look towards the older shows (for the most part). From what I have seen of the new stuff, it lacks any witty repartee, depth, or longevity. It seems a lot of the shows today cater to those who love to see constant dysfunction (in the extreme), listen to canned laughter after every line, and shorter series seasons.

And what’s with “music” today? It’s just noise!

Get off my lawn!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I can imagine that Spider-Man post credits scene playing on stage, where Chris Evans (as captain America) talks about patience.

“Hi, I'm Captain America. Here to talk to you about one of the most valuable traits an Apple fan can have. Patience. Sometimes, patience is the key to victory. Sometimes, it leads to very little, and it seems like it's not worth it, and you wonder why you waited so long for something so disappointing... How many more of these?”

Delolia

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2016
Belgium
Chris Evans ? Strange choice , a Disney character . Apple always had some links with Disney but Disney+ is coming and marvel movies will be exclusive to it .
Partnership possible or a I a missing something for the joke ?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Is this event of any interest for anyone who isn't American, British, Australian, Canadian, Brazilian, French, German, Mexican, Norwegian and Swedish? Because those are the only locations where the TV App is available. As to the News service, it's restricted to the first four. So... Who is this event intended for?

xplora

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Is this event of any interest for anyone who isn't American, British, Australian, Canadian, Brazilian, French, German, Mexican, Norwegian and Swedish? Because those are the only locations where the TV App is available. As to the News service, it's restricted to the first four. So... Who is this event intended for?
By default it is always intended for American's (after all Apple is American). After that, it really depends on the service and local laws/capabilities affecting Apple in the country in question.

Reactions: KeithBN

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
If you want watchable content, you have to look towards the older shows (for the most part). From what I have seen of the new stuff, it lacks any witty repartee, depth, or longevity. It seems a lot of the shows today cater to those who love to see constant dysfunction (in the extreme), listen to canned laughter after every line, and shorter series seasons.

Yes laugh track comedies.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
By default it is always intended for American's (after all Apple is American). After that, it really depends on the service and local laws/capabilities affecting Apple in the country in question.

They started in the US, based in the US but they are a global company, yet they still don't act as one, we as non Americans (with a few exceptions) won't get some/most of the features you have in the states.

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

derek

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2001
Syracuse, NY

I've connected (via a VPN) through Hafnarfjordur, Iceland and Tokyo, Japan on Safari. So apparently, YES.

Last edited:

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL

I like several of the Netflix original series. I agree several of them are bad but there are some good ones. And the stuff I like the most is no ads, no logos, no previews, and 4K and no stupid censorships. I like all the marvel series, travelers, stranger things, etc.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014

We must be watching completely different shows.

Canned laughter is something of the 1980s. Sitcoms these days have it a lot less. (What you may think to be canned laughter is in fact typically a laugh track from the live studio audience, these days.) And if you still find that annoying, try a different genre?

Television shows have moved from largely episodic to far more serialized content, with much deeper character development and longer plot arcs.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
So...services is where you’re gonna be now, Apple?

End of an era, truly... We are gonna see more and more mediocre hardware, until the day you stop making hardware altogether.

Really? Like a *compact* desktop computer with four 40 Gbit/sec Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports, two USB-A 3.1 ports, an optional 10 Gbit ethernet NIC, super fast SSD options, fast CPU options, up to 64 Gbytes of RAM, Bluetooth 5.0, HDMI 2.0, built-in power supply, able to drive three 4K (or a 5K and 4K display), etc? Or the just updated iMac Pro?

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Really? Like a *compact* desktop computer with four 40 Gbit/sec Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports, two USB-A 3.1 ports, an optional 10 Gbit ethernet NIC, super fast SSD options, up to 64 Gbytes of RAM, Bluetooth 5.0, HDMI 2.0, built-in power supply, able to drive three 4K (or a 5K and 4K display), etc? Or the just updated iMac Pro?
Funny how you do not mention inferior graphics and CPUs which make those aluminum cases into ovens.

Reactions: thevault

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Funny how you do not mention inferior graphics and CPUs which make those aluminum cases into ovens.

How is that funny? The MacMini was not intended to be a graphics workstation, nor does it have Xeon-class processors. I was addressing your comment with facts about its intended use and compact size. The CPUs also hold their own for its intended use. That's why it's called a Mini.

Reactions: MrUNIMOG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.