Apple to Debut New Apple Watch Sport Bands at September 9 Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 2, 2015.

1. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I really hope we see a dark blue and red sport bands. They both look great.

It's gonna be an expensive month. iPhone 6s Plus, Apple TV and two Apple Watch Sport bands!! My bank account is ready!!

2. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

Watch OS 2 changes that. Native apps will been the watch.

3. 0000757 macrumors 68040

Here's to hoping for a dark/navy blue and a light brown skin tone band, and here's to hoping they look good with the gray sport

4. dhmacf macrumors newbie

You and me both! I don't want the Navy leather band because me and leather don't cooperate, plus it's way too expensive, but a navy sport band would be perfection!

5. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

It would be great to get a public beta announcement for watchOS 2 on September 9th!

6. johnnyturbouk, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015

johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    How would one scientifically determine a benchmark?:confused:
    How would this differ from a non-scientifically determined benchmark?:p

7. dilap macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't they just announce a release date for it? I assumed it was coming with iOS 9.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They typically announce the release date after the keynote.

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

halleflippinlujia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can.not.wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. dhmacf macrumors newbie

Christmas is coming!!! Santa, I'd like Navy, Red, Orange, Yellow and Camo Green Apple Watchbands please!

11. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

Dude..... the apple watch is WAAAAAAY thinner than the Reactor that I used to wear! I seriously don't get how people think this watch is thick!? what did you used to wear? a postage stamp?

12. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Its just a guess but I think it will come later. I may be wrong anyway but as a participant of the PB I have some hope left that I can get wOS 2 early that way.

13. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

As a kid I drew a watch face on my left arm. You can't beat that ;-)

14. k1121j macrumors 6502a

k1121j

15. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It may appear slightly thick if they are used to wearing inexpensive quartz watches which tend to come in thinner cases.

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

This is the one thing that bugs me about my watch. Things either work really well and really fast or take far to long and sometimes just not work.

17. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Public beta for watchOS 2 that will probably release in two weeks? Hardly. The soonest PB would get watchOS beta would be for 2.1. It's far too late for 2.0.

I'm sure at some point (2.1, 2.2, 2.3) PB will get watchOS because with the PB profile when enrolling your phone, if you have the watch you can also install the watch profile but it doesn't pull any builds yet.

18. Soccertess macrumors 65816

new colours! Amazing.... I didn't want the first generations.. but these new colours will surely change my mind!

It's good for those of you who are using it and are happy with it. More options is always good. So thumbs up to more colours...

19. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Make a dark blue one, price is at $30, and I'll buy it day one. Probably a Product RED one too. Maybe even a bright yellow one.

Hell, just make new colors and lower the price a bit and I'll buy a bunch of them.

20. Edsel macrumors 6502

Accolades to Apple marketing. It is amazing how easy it is to part money from people.

21. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Kind of true for any fashion accessory. This just happens to be a fashion accessory that has technology associated with it.

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

I'm only five feet tall and have tiny noodle arms and it's fine on me. People hardly notice my apple watch unless I'm wearing one of my neon bright sport bands. It looks thinner when it's actually on a wrist.

23. YegorH macrumors regular

There are rumors circulating that the new bands will also act as lap-bands, so there won't be any need for training or exercise.

24. Mr. Y macrumors regular

When I first looked at the watch, I was told by an Apple Employee that the bands match the iPhone cases (i.e., the leather straps come in the colors offered at the time for the leather phone case; and the sports straps all matched the silicone cases offered). Recently I went to the Apple Store and noticed what appeared to be new cases, though I could be wrong; in particular I noticed a pinkish-tan case and a bright red case. I wonder if, then, these bands will make their debut in those colors.

25. brueck macrumors regular