Apple to Debut New Apple Watch Sport Bands at September 9 Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jwbrobst macrumors member

With you on that. I went as far as to ask an Apple employee if he'd heard about new bands coming. He was clueless about it.

2. stanhope macrumors regular

Racially diverse in silicon valley? LMAO LMAO

3. MacGod macrumors regular

MacGod

How about... just CHEAPER watch bands!

Buy from Amazon, right now.

4. johnnyturbouk, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    You certainly make some interesting points, however, there are several flaws in your assertions.

Firstly, apple artifically inflate their margins of their products, as their brand is powerful enough to demand a premium, if they were not so popular and there were little demand for their products, I am not sure the same strategy, of using high mark-ups and magins would equal the same results. I have not seen apple's 'pricing curve', and I doubt anybody outisde of apple can comment about this with a high degree of accuracy or confidence.

Secondly, you are giving us consumer's very little credit, in context of our sense of value of what a product is worth. If one are going by anaecdotal levels of evidence, I also have friends, several are very wealthy indeed, and just because something costs more, does not automatically equal the product may be worth that amount.
    I may spend £3000 on a 4K HDR TV, does not mea i will spend £100 on a monster HDMI cable, where many cables will do the jobs for significantly less. I may spend more on some accessories, it all demands on what i feel is acceptable, and the ration of beneift to cost. For speak cables for example, i would be inclined to spend more than the bargain minimum, however, thier is a limit, and if i can get a high quality product for a decent price, then that is were my money is likely to go. To put things into perspective, A $2 piece of plastic, is not worth $50, this is different to buying a decent set of headphones or external monitor or headphones.

Thirdly, I was simply stating my opinion, a subjective assetion based on my experiences, presumptions and knowldege of the subject matter - except i do not have the arrogance to assume my opinion is canon and biblical, and realise it is only my opinion.

5. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

It's probably been written by someone else in some thread, but I have one complaint about the "sport band," it's hard to buckle.

In "the day" a watch band was really easy to put on one handed, it just seems like this band with it's over and under strap idea is really difficult to get slid together and "pinned" in a hole. Of course it is relatively comfortable once it's connected, it could have been a bit easier.

6. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I'd definitely get a navy blue and/or silver sport band if they released those colors.

7. StyxMaker macrumors 68000

StyxMaker

What is 'vegan leather'? Imitation leather made of plastic like they use on some furniture? It would be like eating 'tofu turkey' for Thanksgiving Day.

8. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

9. nick42983 macrumors 6502

nick42983

My black sport band has been perfect with my space grey Apple Watch Sport. If they could make it a bit darker and leather-looking, there'd really be no reason to swap out bands for it. I get the appeal and customizability, but I don't really want extra bands hanging around, the sport covers the bases for me whether I'm exercising or going out. If I can get a black milanese loop-style bracelet or black link (that doesn't cost as much as my watch) I'll reconsider.

10. Mercifull macrumors regular

Mercifull

11. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Those are good points that I often don't think about, which is unfortunate since I have a minor in marketing, haha.

YES! Go Tigers. I'm hoping I can get out and photograph some more games down on the field again this autumn.

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

Forget waiting just get strapped & co's bands

Attached Files:

13. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

No, not yet. I'm rinsing them in plain water. So far they've held up against sun screen and sweat and dirt. However I won't wear my watch now that I have to use bug repellent for late season gardening. (More flies and mosquitoes out my way lately). It might help I got all the colors and rotate them so no one band is getting beaten up anymore.

14. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Please don't give Lady GaGa any ideas! I'm not so sure she's quite done wearing meat dresses yet. I know she's been wearing plastic bags lately but that's her summer wardrobe.