Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple to Debut New iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV on September 9

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's annual fall iPhone event will likely be held on Wednesday, September 9, reports BuzzFeed's John Paczkowski, who has provided reliable information on event dates in the past. According to sources that spoke to BuzzFeed, the event will be held during the week of September 7, with September 9 targeted as the most likely date.

The event's focus will be on the next-generation iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, both of which will feature a Force Touch display, an A9 processor, an improved camera system, and a faster LTE chip, among other features. Apple may also unveil new iPads at the event, but the 12.9-inch iPad Pro "seems to be a wildcard," says Paczkowski, meaning it could come at the event or at a later date.

In addition to the iPhone and iPad, Apple is also expected to unveil the next-generation Apple TV. The Apple TV will be a huge update over its predecessor, featuring an updated A8 processor, a full App Store, a touch-based remote control, and Siri integration. It will, of course, include an entirely revamped body as well.

With Apple unveiling the new iPhones on September 9, pre-orders, if available, are likely to kick off on Friday, September 11. The two devices are then likely to officially launch later in the month, perhaps on September 18. iPads and the Apple TV will probably launch during the same time frame.

Article Link: Apple to Debut New iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV on September 9

Reactions: cmward_nyc

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
This sounds about right. Can't wait for the new Apple TV. If Apple is releasing all this in one event I would be surprised. Most likely they will keep to their normal schedule and release the iPads with Macs in October.

Reactions: JonneyGee
Comment

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the point of App Store on Apple TV?

(Must admit the Siri integration sounds cool. "Hey Siri, play The Gladiator" would be much more fun than clicking up and down buttons on my media centre for five minutes)

Reactions: HVDynamo and darcyf
Comment

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
They usually do the iPhone events on Tuesdays...wouldn't the 8th be more likely?

Day after Labor day in the US? not sure on that.. though I could see the week after if Apple sticks to the Tuesday pattern.

It's the coincidence with the holiday that has me thinking this won't happen this week. The week after would seem more appropriate.

BL.

Comment

aceys

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
No, it's going to be the same as it is every year. iPhone announcement in Sept, iPad in Oct, no new Apple TV. This rumor could have well been a repost from the last two years.

Comment

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
I didn't really see the point of force touch until someone reminded me of the piano. Back when it was known as the pianoforte, the one feature that distinguished it from the harpsichord was its ability to play soft or loud depending on how hard you pressed it.

I'm thinking that maybe... just maybe, this could be great, if the developers use it right.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.