Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaTeam

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2005
Rumor is an extra .2mm thicker.
Has any other "S" release had a form factor change?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Day after Labor day in the US? not sure on that.. though I could see the week after if Apple sticks to the Tuesday pattern.

It's the coincidence with the holiday that has me thinking this won't happen this week. The week after would seem more appropriate.

BL.

Plus, I can't see iOS 9 beta 5 being the final beta and that would mean the event would have to be 1 month after the next beta.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Looking forward to it but this is going to cost me. I have a few phones to buy since I agreed to update the kids phones too.

Reactions: scapegoat81

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
iPhone's yes, Apple TV maybe, but iPad's i don't think so. I don't think that Apple would announce a new iPad Pro at the same event as the new iPhone's simply because they wouldn't want them to overshadow each other, that's why they have separate events for both iPhone's and iPad's.

Reactions: V.K.

Flunkyturtle

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
No, it's going to be the same as it is every year. iPhone announcement in Sept, iPad in Oct, no new Apple TV. This rumor could have well been a repost from the last two years.
good! that gives me a chance to pay out for each out of a different pay cheque :D

Reactions: playaproved

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Day after Labor day in the US? not sure on that.. though I could see the week after if Apple sticks to the Tuesday pattern.

It's the coincidence with the holiday that has me thinking this won't happen this week. The week after would seem more appropriate.

BL.

I think their prediction is a week early as well. My wager is that the event will be on Tuesday the 15th.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
"will feature a Force Touch display, an A9 processor, an improved camera system, and a faster LTE chip"
- This is not a compelling reason to upgrade from iPhone 6

Apple TV:
- If Apple Watch (lack of useful apps) is of any indication, it is probably best to wait and see how the Apple TV App Store evolves before upgrading

iPad:
- iPad Air 2 is finally "feel nice" holding. iPad Pro would need to be a lot thinner to be held comfortably, or it needs to be like a surface with a stand of some sort and used a little differently than the current iPads.
- If you've got an iPad Air/Air 2/Mini 2/Mini 3, there is probably not a reason to even consider upgrading.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I hope this does not go like the watch! I meet some cool people in line. Last time it was some french diplomat who lost is phone while in the US and we had a very interesting conversation for the 2 hours in line. ANGIE DON'T MESS WITH THIS LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5105973

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Hopefully the new Apple TV will have some local storage option. For some reason on Fridays my internet likes to slow down so it would be nice to watch some of my movies without it buffering.

I think the new Apple TV will have some gaming capabilities but it will probably just be a bunch of casual games.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonyr6

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
Great news. My bank account is primed and waiting for all three products

Obviously this is coming from Apple PR - the question is why pre-announced a whole month in advance. Existing sales will certainly suffer. Maybe their thinking is to freeze the market for anyone looking to upgrade, I am wondering. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.