Apple to Hold Four Day Shopping Event Starting on Black Friday

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 19, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple in 2018 is planning to hold a four day "shopping" event that will presumably see Apple products available at a discount or with some kind of gift with purchase.

On Apple's website, there is a blank shopping event page that will presumably be populated with deals when Black Friday rolls around, and Apple today sent out teaser emails to customers letting them know about the upcoming sale.

[​IMG]

Apple's shopping event will kick off on Friday, November 23 and it will last until Monday, November 26, aka Cyber Monday, another popular day for deals.

Last year, Apple held a similar shopping event that saw the company offering Apple Store gift cards worth up to $150 with the purchase of select devices including Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches.

Apple's deals have historically not been quite as good as discounts available from third-party retailers, so if you're shopping for something specific on Black Friday, it's best to take a look at all of the available deals at each retailer before making a decision.

We'll have in-depth Black Friday coverage later this week, and to plan ahead, make sure to check out our Black Friday roundup where we're aggregating all of our Black Friday deals.

Article Link: Apple to Hold Four Day Shopping Event Starting on Black Friday

2. catportal, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018

catportal macrumors regular

catportal

Apple is basically known for NOT giving BF deals. This def indicates that they are struggling.

3. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

I wonder if they'll have a deal on the 2018 MacBook Air, which I just got a few days ago. If so, any chance I could take advantage, with some kind of return/rebuy situation?

4. fumi2014 macrumors member

In 2018, the words 'Apple' and 'Discounts' don't really belong in the same sentence.

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Lol they’re struggling with selling those $1500 iPhones lolllllllll

6. 19SK91 macrumors regular

7. MoreRumors? macrumors 6502

MoreRumors?

It is just a teaser that will disappoint. BF deals will come from retailers other than Apple.

8. twocents macrumors regular

twocents

Here's what I've seen: "Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 14, 2018 and December 25, 2018, may be returned through January 8, 2019." I'm assuming you should be fine, but reach out to their customer service to double check. Worst case return it and buy the same model with the promotional "discount," gift card, or free accessory they end up offering.

9. HJM.NL macrumors 65816

HJM.NL

You’re seeing it wrong. First they up the prices by 30% and then they give 20% rebates on Black Friday. A lot will think it’s a bargain :rolleyes:

10. obiwan macrumors 6502

I can't wait for the £1 discount for a £3299 Mac!! - I might even get a free carrier bag (normally 5p!!)

11. bayelrey80 macrumors newbie

LMAO Apple struggling OMG

12. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

It’s not.

13. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

I am excited to save 5 dollars off from the new iPad Pro on Black Friday / s

14. Baymowe335 macrumors 68030

Wrong, they did it last year just off the top of my head and they've done it before.

They won't be anything extremely enticing. Maybe a $25 gift card if you spend $1,000.

15. acblue94 macrumors regular

acblue94

Apple is a premium luxury brand. You ever see Louis Vuitton or Gucci have Black Friday sales?

16. ChrisMoBro macrumors regular

ChrisMoBro

To be honest it's insulting for Apple to hint that they're going to give customers discounts when they've been hiking prices up year after year.

17. Plett macrumors member

Plett

Good read imho. This is begging for a few extra bucks to Timmy can tell Wall Street that he is still bringing in dollars even though the Apple money train that Stevie built and Timmy has ridden is derailing.

18. ConfusedChris, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018

ConfusedChris macrumors regular

ConfusedChris

3 stickers instead of 2!

I like how they carefully avoid the word “sale” because of regulations.

19. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

Maybe I'll get a lightning headphone adaptor for £8.95 instead of £9.

20. plucky duck macrumors 6502a

I remember Apple offering gift cards one day a year around BF, but don't recall it being a multi-day event, or am I mistaken? At least in Canada.

21. Lone Deranger macrumors 68000

Lone Deranger

22. plucky duck macrumors 6502a

Apple is a brand with a consumer base that's much more elastic to price changes, as opposed to LV, Gucci, Burberry consumer base I would imagine. Could be wrong, but I'd say that's a pretty safe guess.

23. jd0513 macrumors member

I'd be fine with a gift card for the mac mini so I could use it for the keyboard/mouse. Stupid to keep people waiting. They should let people know beforehand...

24. deckard666 macrumors 6502

deckard666

Please can someone make me struggle like Apple ?

25. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

Ah, but this year may be different. With all the price increases, now they can set the deal prices to slightly above where the normal prices were before, and it will look like a bargain.