Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
December 2 = SE 2

....No. This is not even close to being a hardware event. And with all the recent hardware Apple released in the last two months (AirPod Pros/16” Pro/Watch bands), there’s no reason to release anything when they’re already in their peak holiday season during this event. .

[Oh, it’s been rumored like a dozen times of the SE 2 is slated for late first quarter 2020.]

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
That would be a WWDC announcement 100%.

Typically, I'd agree with that however, I believe a new Final Cut Pro will be announced with the new Mac Pro (imminently) and Final Cut Pro for iPad would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: JDGwf

luvbug

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Getting closer every day!
It's an excuse to plug AppleTV+. It may also be intended to help justify the cut they take on Apps, since they're getting so much heat in the EU. The event can be position as helping to promote App developers, thus showcasing Apple's value-add for the devs.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
If that’s all that event is about then I couldn’t care less about it.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Norway is Apple announcing new hardware on December 2. They’ve had software only events before.
It took me a while to figure out your post. I couldn't understand why you were talking about Norway. ?

Anyhow, it's always possible to have One More Thing, but I'm not counting on any hardware releases either, even though I'd love to see the new iPad Pros then.

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
PLEASE, I hope Apple announces a really good dating app, I’m seriously desperate for a companion in my life. I can’t stand being alone anymore.

If Apple makes the announcement then they can make the app popular. Thus more users. Thus helping me find the one. Tinder sucks. Now I’m getting my hopes up!
No new dating app is going to fix your problem if the existing ones aren't working. Assuming you're a guy into girls (adjust accordingly if you're not): firstly, google around and study up on female psychology, so that you truly understand what females want in a man (they won't tell you, they don't actually know themselves, they just do it inherently, and also there is a lot of misdirection, eg from the vocal angry feminist crowd, eg complaining about man-spreading etc); secondly, study "inner game", it's all about improving yourself to make yourself and your lifestyle more attractive, basically everything from getting in shape and updating your wardrobe and hairstyle to be reasonably in fashion and/or match your identity, to getting into at least one hobby in a passionate way, sorting out your income, sorting out your house, cleaning your bedroom, sorting out yourself socially so that you have at least a couple of good friends, improving your relationships with your family, and so on. Basically, if you aren't currently attracting anyone that you're attracted to, then you need to either have a good hard look at yourself, and work out what you need to fix, or readjust your standards to match reality. It might be a couple of simple things, or it might be a long hard road. Good luck.

Trusteft

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2014
I am not sure why people think they will announce new software or hardware. They are clearly (edited spelling mistake) setting up an annual event to award their best software (apps or whatever) as to promote their own distribution of them.

But...screw it, I am sure they will also announce a new convertible mac mini with room for a full size GPU.
[automerge]1574120800[/automerge]
No new dating app is going to fix your problem if the existing ones aren't working. Assuming you're a guy into girls (adjust accordingly if you're not): firstly, google around and study up on female psychology, so that you truly understand what females want in a man (they won't tell you, they don't actually know themselves, they just do it inherently, and also there is a lot of misdirection, eg from the vocal angry feminist crowd, eg complaining about man-spreading etc); secondly, study "inner game", it's all about improving yourself to make yourself and your lifestyle more attractive, basically everything from getting in shape and updating your wardrobe and hairstyle to be reasonably in fashion and/or match your identity, to getting into at least one hobby in a passionate way, sorting out your income, sorting out your house, cleaning your bedroom, sorting out yourself socially so that you have at least a couple of good friends, improving your relationships with your family, and so on. Basically, if you aren't currently attracting anyone that you're attracted to, then you need to either have a good hard look at yourself, and work out what you need to fix, or readjust your standards to match reality. It might be a couple of simple things, or it might be a long hard road. Good luck.

Or make sure to have lots of money or if you have a big banana in your pants to make it clear to them that you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smearbrick

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Great advice!

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
So weird that the text at the bottom is in Myriad Pro instead of San Francisco. Is it even legit? So weird that they would overlook something like that

No one else has mentioned this. Puzzled me, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.