Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple to Live Stream 'Spring Forward' Apple Watch Event on March 9

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its website to notify users that it plans to live stream its Monday, March 9 media event that will take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.

The event will be broadcast on Apple's Live website and it will also be available on the Apple TV via a dedicated channel. MacRumors will be providing live coverage of the event as well, both on MacRumors.com and on the MacRumorsLive Twitter account for those unable to watch Apple's live stream.

The March 9 event, which kicks off at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, is expected to focus on the Apple Watch. Apple will likely unveil new details about the device that have been previously kept under wraps, including information on pricing, battery life, and accessory options. We may also get a concrete release date. Apple may also debut other products at the event, like the rumored 12-inch Retina MacBook Air.

Article Link: Apple to Live Stream 'Spring Forward' Apple Watch Event on March 9

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
It's when they'll come out with the new Macbook Airs and RMBP's to make the RMBP I bought last week outdated...

Comment

Mac-lover3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
Belgium
Great that there is a live stream just hope it's not a bad one.. but shold be okay I think. Looking forward to it!

Comment

zed1291

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
NYC
Yes! It's so much more fun to watch these things than just read live blogs.

Comment

mrbtg

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Apple live streaming

Well, I have tried for how many years and never gotten a live stream from an Apple event to work.

The closest I have gotten is a live blog, where a reports posts snippets as the event goes along.

Sometimes I have gotten a few minutes of the live presentation, but it goes down, never to return.

Comment

fuchsdh

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2014
Since it's not an iPhone event I would think it will go smoothly, but hopefully there are no snafu's like the last one :)

Comment

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Any significance to having the event at Yerba Buena and livestreaming it? Doesn't seem like the type of venue for a small event.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.