Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of readers are reporting that the "Apple Events" channel has returned to their Apple TVs, revealing that Apple will indeed be offering a live video stream of today's media event. Apple has offered live streams of several recent events, but did not do so for last month's iPhone event.

oct13_stream_apple_tv_1.jpg
Apple should also be making the stream available through its website, but the announcement and page for the stream have yet to go live.

oct13_stream_apple_tv_2.jpg
Apple's keynote kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and MacRumors will have full coverage of the event.

Update: Apple's website has now been updated with the live stream, and the company's online store has gone down as usual ahead of the event.

apple_oct13_event_stream.jpg
As with previous events, the stream through Apple's website requires a minimum of Safari 4 on OS X 10.6 or Safari on iOS 4.2.

apple_main_page_oct_13_stream_promo.jpg
(Apple TV images via @basvanderploeg)

Article Link: Apple to Offer Live Video Stream of Today's Media Event

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
YES! Thank you Apple! Now I can sit back, relax and watch the keynote at my pleasure! Awesome.

Comment

Chrjy

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010
UK
Fantastic, I was desperately hoping this was going to happen. Always love to watch the keynotes live.

Especially as I'm hoping to buy a new iPad and rMBP....bring it on...can't wait.

Comment

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
I wonder why they do it for some events but not all?

Save it for the really big events.

iPad Mini,
iPad 5,
Macbook Pro's,
Mac Mini,
Mac Pro,
Mavericks,
Apple TV.

Versus an event for an "S" model and unashamedly plastic iPhone this one is huge.

Last edited:
Comment

r018u

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Fantastic, I was desperately hoping this was going to happen. Always love to watch the keynotes live.

Especially as I'm hoping to buy a new iPad and rMBP....bring it on...can't wait.

Same here for the rMBP. I still have my late 2008 Macbook Pro. It's still going good apart from the battery that can't hold much charge anymore :rolleyes:

Comment

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
Save it for the really big events.

iPad Mini,
iPad 5,
Macbook Pro's,
Mac Pro,
Mavericks,
Apple TV.

This event is huge, versus an events for an "S" model and unashamedly plastic iPhone.

I've also heard that Apple has problems live streaming events held on the apple campus where the Sept. event took place. So that also might be the reason the last one was not live.

Last edited:
Comment

zOlid

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
If you start the live stream. But want to start watching about 2h after the start of the event. Are u usually able to rewind the live stream to do that then? Or do you haVe to wait for the event video to be released on the apple homepage?

Comment

Unggoy Murderer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
I've also heard that Apple has problems live steaming events held on the apple campus where the Sept. event took place. So that also might be the reason the last one was not live.
EDIT: Forgot it was September, not WWDC. My mistake.

WWDC is held at Moscone West, San Francisco. Not the Apple campus.

Comment

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Ihis is going to be great. Wasn't too happy last month; when I watched CNET then skipped through the keynote the next day.

This is the important one though!!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.