Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuartL

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
UK
Card charged this morning for 64GB model - order is preparing for dispatch, est delivery 30Oct-3Nov

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
I just went to Preparing for Shipping, as far as I'm aware, this usually means it'll dispatch the same day and deliver tomorrow (for big items like iPhone, iPad, Apple TV ect.., I think it's different for accessories.)

Looking forward to it!

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Just got the email from Apple saying mine has been dispatched and delivers tomorrow :D:D

Do you know who yours delivers with yet? I hope it's DPD or UPS, not Synceron again.

The tracking for Apple Watch was great, gave a specific time.

TV box now preparing... :)
Nimbus & Strap processing..
Which will win the race?
Is there any way ordering a strap may delay the Apple TV, I am a little nervous ordering in case it delays the Apple TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
I think it's way too early to start worrying. If it's not at "dispatched" by 10pm tonight then you've got something to worry about.

I ordered a macbook air a few years ago on release day. The order stated a delivery date and 2 days before that date it was still in shanghai. I watched it make it's progress right across europe and it only arrived in the UK on the delivery date at 5am. It was then out for delivery with the courier at 7am before being delivered to me on the original delivery date at 9am.

You're right, I was worries in the past when things didn't despatch until the day before, but I worked out it is normal to be processing on the day before you'll get it.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
It says it's by UK Mail, and doing a search on them brought up complaints pages first :eek: Just hoping that i'll be able to track it and it's not a crappy company like Yodel was.

I could be wrong, but I think UK Mail may be pretty good. Have you tried putting the tracking number in?

I've had Yodel deliveries before, not from Apple though. Do Apple use them?

Godzirra

macrumors 6502
I could be wrong, but I think UK Mail may be pretty good. Have you tried putting the tracking number in?

Apple did use Yodel in the past, but I haven't seen or heard anything about them using them for a year or so now. Never had anything delivered by UK Mail before, nothing showing on their site for my tracking or delivery number, but will try again later.

Do UK Mail give you a time slot or notification before they deliver?

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
64gb Apple TV switched to preparing for despatch at about 930am UK time. Hoping it gets out for delivery tomorrow. Any word on app availability yet?

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Do you know who yours delivers with yet? I hope it's DPD or UPS, not Synceron again.

At a guess I'd say DPD, UPs and UKmail there the only decent UK couriers

It says it's by UK Mail, and doing a search on them brought up complaints pages first :eek: Just hoping that i'll be able to track it and it's not a crappy company like Yodel was.

UKMail are one of the top 3 for UK, they deal with most iPhone deliveries you can track your shipment change dates etc.

Yodel or HDNL are the worst for UK, how there still going is beyond me! They general can't handle high quantity's items.

Apple did use Yodel in the past, but I haven't seen or heard anything about them using them for a year or so now. Never had anything delivered by UK Mail before, nothing showing on their site for my tracking or delivery number, but will try again later.

Yes they will notify about your delivery and how to track it. there is no time slot like DPD but you're able to to see what delivery number you are and where the driver is up to (like DPD)

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K

I just checked and my Apple Watch was delivered by UK Mail, I thought it was DPD. They were VERY good, I got a time slot between an hour (I think it was like between 2:50 and 3:30pm) and I was able to sign up on the website for a text when they are at the delivery slot before. It was a great service.

At a guess I'd say DPD, UPs and UKmail there the only decent UK couriers

UKMail are one of the top 3 for UK, they deal with most iPhone deliveries you can track your shipment change dates etc.

Yodel or HDNL are the worst for UK, how there still going is beyond me! They general can't handle high quantity's items.

Yes they will notify about your delivery and how to track it. there is no time slot like DPD but you're able to to see what delivery number you are and where the driver is up to (like DPD)

I was given a delivery time with UK Mail for Apple Watch. Maybe it's a newer thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
Just need to see that dispatched update and delivery date of tomorrow and I can relax. Been PFD since last night.

I remember lots of people moaning about UK mail before the Apple Watch deliveries but they were absolutely spot-on. Got an hourly slot and a text message to say I was the next delivery.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Yes, UKMail are pretty good at estimating when they will arrive - I did this with the two iPad mini 4's just recently and they arrived within minutes of when the site said they would.
Prep for dispatch here too.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010

Synceron are in charge of all UK deliveries. All Apple stuff in the UK goes via them. The thing is though that most of the time they offer out the deliveries to the likes of UPS. When the new docks came out with the new iPhones I ordered one on the website, they gave it to UK mail to deliver it who in turn gave it to Royal Mail to deliver.

FoxMcCloud

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Redcar, England
I ordered mine on wednesday, still processing :( delivery for 3rd-5th. I wish i ordered on monday but I was afraid the money would come out straight away, I was waiting to be paid before placing the order. I want it on the 2nd as Im off that day haha.

mike3410

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Leamington Spa, UK
Just changed to Dispatched. UKMail again, as it was with the 6S. After awful service from them for the iPhone 6 delivery I have to admit this year they where spot on, loved the ability to track your place in line for the delivery.

Fingers crossed it's as solid again tomorrow.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Synceron are in charge of all UK deliveries. All Apple stuff in the UK goes via them. The thing is though that most of the time they offer out the deliveries to the likes of UPS. When the new docks came out with the new iPhones I ordered one on the website, they gave it to UK mail to deliver it who in turn gave it to Royal Mail to deliver.

Not 100% correct Synceron don't get all Apple UK deliveries. They go across DPD, UKMail and UPS.

UKMail sub out a very minor amount to Royal Mail

Ap0ks

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2008
Cambridge, UK
Syncreon are a global supply-chain company, it's their job to get the Apple TVs from China to various countries around the world and then they use local carriers to actually deliver to customers.

It very much depends on where you live as to how good carriers are I've found. I've not had issues with any carriers including Yodel & HDNL, the drivers are nice enough and deliver usually when they say they are going to. The worst experience I've had was probably a UPS driver, he was delivering a box for me to send my MBP in for repair and he was rather peeved that he'd have to wait a minute for me to put it in the box.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Not 100% correct Synceron don't get all Apple UK deliveries. They go across DPD, UKMail and UPS.

UKMail sub out a very minor amount to Royal Mail

Syncreon are a logistics company. They handle all the Apple shipping in the UK but contract out the deliveries to a number of couriers.

Reactions: chrishawes

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
Just changed to Dispatched. UKMail again, as it was with the 6S. After awful service from them for the iPhone 6 delivery I have to admit this year they where spot on, loved the ability to track your place in line for the delivery.

Fingers crossed it's as solid again tomorrow.

Yeah UKmail have turned around in the last couple of years. Had a parcel delivered a couple of weeks ago and they sent a txt on the morning of delivery, website told me what number delivery I was in the route AND let me track their progress on that route AND got a txt beforehand saying they'd just completed the drop before mine and I was next to be delivered to. Very impressed.

Reactions: mike3410
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.