Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
We have five of us on the Family plan - a total bargain just for Apple Music alone, compared to when we used to buy songs for $.99 apiece.

TheNewLou

macrumors regular
May 24, 2016
I'm a little late to the game and just discovered Severance. Strange Planet was fun. Lessons in Chemistry is great.

I'll cancel once Lessons in Chemistry is done, then subscribe again in 2025 for Severance season 2. Until it's over.

But I'm unusual: I've never subscribed to cable, so I'm not like most people.

JordanCautious

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2023

Apple is increasing the prices of some of its subscription-based services, including Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+, in the U.S. and many other countries around the world. The higher prices are shown on Apple's website.

Apple-One-Apps-Feature-2.jpg

The price changes in the U.S. are as follows:
  • Apple TV+: $6.99 per month → $9.99 per month
  • Apple Arcade: $4.99 per month → $6.99 per month
  • Apple News+: $9.99 per month → $12.99 per month
Apple One bundle prices are also increasing as a result:
  • Individual: $16.95 per month → $19.95 per month
  • Family: $22.95 per month → $25.95 per month
  • Premier: $32.95 per month → $37.95 per month
In the U.S., these are the first-ever price increases for Apple Arcade and Apple News+ since the services launched in November 2019, while Apple TV+ last saw a price increase in October 2022. Apple should send out emails notifying subscribers of the price changes over time.

There are no price increases for Apple Music and Apple Fitness+ today.

Article Link: Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+ Receiving Price Increases
You’re telling me the world’s richest company needs to increase these service's’ prices by 30-40%?

Hardware is one thing, but these price increases in most of the subscription categories are getting out of hand.

The only services that matter the most at this point is iCloud and Apple Music. Arcade is ideal for teens and that bracket, Apple TV+ is really something you would have active for 3 months out of the year to get the most bang for buck, and who even buys News+? And I say all this as a Software Developer!

Reactions: TMax

malofx

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm a little late to the game and just discovered Severance. Strange Planet was fun. Lessons in Chemistry is great.

I'll cancel once Lessons in Chemistry is done, then subscribe again in 2025 for Severance season 2. Until it's over.

But I'm unusual: I've never subscribed to cable, so I'm not like most people.

I never subscribed to anything either.

Reactions: TheNewLou

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Canadian prices attached. Boy is that a bit rough. News+ for $17+tax but still shows ads? Yeah ok.

I really just care about the first 3, which actually total to $42.97.
1698243156456.png

benushka

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2023

Apple is increasing the prices of some of its subscription-based services, including Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+, in the U.S. and many other countries around the world. The higher prices are shown on Apple's website.

Apple-One-Apps-Feature-2.jpg

The price changes in the U.S. are as follows:
  • Apple TV+: $6.99 per month → $9.99 per month
  • Apple Arcade: $4.99 per month → $6.99 per month
  • Apple News+: $9.99 per month → $12.99 per month
For those who subscribe to Apple TV+ on an annual basis, the price has increased from $69 per year to $99 per year accordingly.

Apple One bundle prices are also increasing as a result:
  • Individual: $16.95 per month → $19.95 per month
  • Family: $22.95 per month → $25.95 per month
  • Premier: $32.95 per month → $37.95 per month
In the U.S., these are the first-ever price increases for Apple Arcade and Apple News+ since the services launched in November 2019, while Apple TV+ last saw a price increase in October 2022. Apple should send out emails notifying subscribers of the price changes over time.

There are no price increases for Apple Music and Apple Fitness+ today.

Article Link: Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and Apple News+ Receiving Price Increases
Yikes, it'd be better if we could choose our specific services on the lower tiers of the bundle.

muzzymate

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Yikes! Bumping down to either just Apple Music and iCloud. Or the Family Plan and upgrade it to 2TB.

Premier was a great bundle at $30 but family just doesn’t use the other services enough to justify that price anymore.

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
I have Apple One Premier... You mean to tell me I'm gonna have to fork over $5 extra per month? That's more than a 4 for $4 at Wendy's.

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
Apple Music was fun while it lasted, but once you're out of your 20's, you don't listen to all that much new music. For most people, it's better to just buy the music you've always loved.
Apple Music has everything. Example the recent five CD box set of the Beatles Revolver is currently available on Amazon for $100, included on Apple Music. Granted you don't get the box...

Oluwasanme

Suspended
Jun 26, 2023
Funny how people here slated Netflix, Spotify , Disney and the likes for price increases
Without foreseeing apple doing same thing

I’ve been enjoying the tears in this comment section 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: witchcult
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.