Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that it has renewed popular Apple TV+ space drama "For All Mankind" for a fourth season. Introduced when Apple TV+ launched in November 2019, "For All Mankind" is one of the longest running Apple TV+ shows.

for-all-mankind-apple-tv-plus.jpg

"For All Mankind" imagines what the world might be like if the global space race had never ended and the space program had remained a priority in the United States. The first season saw a Russian cosmonaut making it to the moon first, devastating morale at NASA and pushing the U.S. to catch up.

The second season jumped forward a decade, picking up in 1983 at the height of the cold war with the United States and USSR fighting over resources available on the moon. Season three introduced another time jump, moving on to the early 1990s with the US and the Soviet Union racing to get to Mars. There is no word yet on what will happen in the fourth season, but filming is set to begin next month.

Apple TV+ is priced at $4.99 per month and it offers dozens of original TV shows and movies.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Show 'For All Mankind' Renewed for Fourth Season

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Just started the first season—so far so good :)

The first half of the first season were the best episodes. I found season 2 a struggle and never managed to get through it, even though I really like the concept. But I guess someone must be watching it because they keep renewing it!

noraa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
The first half of the first season were the best episodes. I found season 2 a struggle and never managed to get through it, even though I really like the concept. But I guess someone must be watching it because they keep renewing it!
Season 2 has some slow spots, but the last two episodes are phenomenal. Thus far season 3 has had a much better pace, and I’m really enjoying it.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Season 2 has some slow spots, but the last two episodes are phenomenal. Thus far season 3 has had a much better pace, and I’m really enjoying it.
I think they probably had a lot of season 2 written out when criticism was coming in for some of the slow pacing in the first season, and as far as I can tell they've completely fixed that in season 3. That was my only real critique of the show. This season has been great, I'm really looking forward to watching the latest episode this weekend.

I just feel so bad for Ed. He's the tragic hero of the series who can't catch a break. When he pulled up on Mars to save that little creep sitting next to him my heart sank.

serpico007

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Love this show and wish it would keep going after four seasons. But the magic for me was the nostalgic feelings it brought from the NASA moon landing days to the current season. I would imagine the future seasons may be more sci-fi and be similar to other shows. I don't know but every time I watch this show it really gives me the feels. Just imagining if we truly did continue the space program where we would actually be.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I don’t know if I can handle another season… after enjoying season 1 and to some extent season 2, season 3 and some of the acting seems to have just fallen off a cliff and is sometimes just unwatchable. hopefully, they will replace some characters for season 4, assuming they do a similar jump forward in time as with all prior seasons.

Supercyborgninja

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2022
I enjoyed it until this recent season. I kinda got tired of the heavy pro America propagandizing it seemed to be doing. I don’t want to spoil anything but USA were definitely the bad guys last season & suddenly they gloss over that and continue propagandizing like it’s 1985 still.

I mean…they shot that Russian guy & he said..give me asylum! Huh? Lol

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I think they probably had a lot of season 2 written out when criticism was coming in for some of the slow pacing in the first season, and as far as I can tell they've completely fixed that in season 3. That was my only real critique of the show. This season has been great, I'm really looking forward to watching the latest episode this weekend.

I just feel so bad for Ed. He's the tragic hero of the series who can't catch a break. When he pulled up on Mars to save that little creep sitting next to him my heart sank.
I liked the pace, it’s like eating the cake slowly. I was building up the story and characters.
I guess times change.
Try watching a movie from the 70’s, the pace at the beginning of some is excruciating!
Example:
Airport
Earthquake

heyriddle

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2004
I was going to say this same thing. And I am loving S3. It is amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.