Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Leoff

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2004
Is anyone else finding all this a bit too much?

Yes, it is cool. Yes, I wouldn't mind having one. And yes, I have been sucked into all the posts so far.

But I mean come ON. "Apple TV Taken Apart." "Apple TV Instructions" "Apple TV Unboxing."

What comes next? "Apple TV is plugged in." "Apple TV placement on or near a TV set." "Apple TV used as a coaster." "Apple TV may open gateways to alternate dimensions."

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
Easier to open than the Mini! Let's see that come into the next iteration of the Mini. Also, that HD looks like it'll be a snap to replace.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yes, it is cool. Yes, I wouldn't mind having one. And yes, I have been sucked into all the posts so far.

But I mean come ON. "Apple TV Taken Apart." "Apple TV Instructions" "Apple TV Unboxing."

Just wait until iPhone day... :) That will be a crazy day.

arn

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Now that I think about it, this is the first time I have ever seen a large number of people excited about the dismantling of a product meant to be used in the living room.

ppnkg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
UK

What comes next? "Apple TV is plugged in." "Apple TV placement on or near a TV set." "Apple TV used as a coaster." "Apple TV may open gateways to alternate dimensions."

This is because apple is dead silent on all other fronts hardwarewise. What a shame...

I'm not getting appletv. I can't see the use of it for the moment, really.

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
PATA instead of SATA

One of the advantages of SATA is small cable size. Apple used PATA because it fit, is cheaper and was not blocking any fans!

You may not be able to upgrade the HD unless you can make it bootable. I bet some of the OS is in the HD. I wonder what happens if somehow the HD is corrupted. Does that mean, the whole device is toast?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.