Apple vs Samsung

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Dominicanyor, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Wow have you guys seen the new s5 from Samsung's commercial? I don't know about anyone here but it seems like Samsung is calling apple out. Or Samsung has stolen apple extra settings and more of their ideas and came out with it first.

2. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Samsung are just trying to catch up with apple. IMO Samsung's touch wizz is ugly I prefer pure android and their phones are full of useless extras...

3. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

Of course because Samsung have a time machine. They go into the future and steal Apple's ideas from devices that don't exist in our present.

Damn you Samsung s-pen, multi window, pen window, scrapbooking, S view window cases. I know you stole them from the iPhone circa 2020! How dare you.

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Some people find the extra features are useless bloat and some people live the features. I have no preference either way, as I don't use their products, but I am glad that they are giving consumers options, and that is never a bad thing.

5. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Samsung throws everything but the kitchen sink in their phones and hope that you like a few of the features.

Apple tells you to like what they want you to like.

----------

Are you serious? Should we compare Apple and Samsung, feature for feature. I think I know who wins this one...

6. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

How Android/Samsung is "catching up" to Apple? I see it the other way round - Apple is now mostly following trends originating from Android.

I never found TouchWiz to be particularly laggy, ugly or buggy.

Some of the TouchWiz extras are gimmics, but many others (Multi-window, S-Pen + S-Note, mail client, eye tracking) are reasonably well implemented and very useful.

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Much rather have the options than no options at all

8. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I'm not saying that android is catching up with Apple. This is my opinion, I use my nexus 7 every day and I really like it, pure android is working great for me, but from friends that use samsung devices with touch wiz I heard things like my phone crashes from time to time, oh I got it two months ago and It is already laggy etc. I prefer giving my money for a phone that offers me stable os, big variety of apps etc. And apple is showing us new phone every year, rivalry is a good thing so keep calm respect and others opinions, everyone has the freedom to use what works for him the best :)

9. lazard macrumors 68000

always found it hilarious that people rip Samsung for including too many features on their phone. Don't like it? Just turn it off. Rather have a plethora of features that I can choose whether or not to use rather than having only one or two. Remember people, having options is a good thing.

10. MRU Suspended

MRU

But.... Only if they optimise those extras rather than just bung them in there, which sadly with Sammy is often the case.

Samsung often forget about the execution when giving people options.

11. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Depends on the features for the most part they are very useful. Certainly on a large screen.

If I don't use them I just turn them off. I don't like being restricted in my mobile or tablet experience which is why I love the note line

12. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Samsung's device strategy is to throw ten million bells and whistles at the user and hope they find some that they like. The old phrase "throw enough **** at the wall and see what sticks" comes to mind. I like that they're constantly trying new stuff but I had to say no to the S5 simply because it's an absolute clusterfck of needless features.

I'm saying this as a guy that went from the Galaxy Nexus to the S3 to the S4 and had a Note 10.1. They just kept adding more and more crap as time went on.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They both make solid phones. I love my iphone, but I also loved a note when I owned one.

14. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

They are both great devices no doubt. Sadly people like to tear each other down

15. RMXO macrumors 6502a

And people forget that a device might be good for them but not for another.

16. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Personally I think iOS 7's unicorn poop design is uglier than Touchwiz

And Samsung has a kitchen sink approach to design but the features they rush out end up getting refined over generations and shape the market. The K Zoom, which grew out of that ugly S4 Zoom, looks to be a legit 1020 competitor. The whole movement toward 5" and higher wouldn't have happened if Samsung wasn't willing to test the market with the original Note.

17. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

To be fair in not interested in what's good for someone else:D

Maybe I'm selfish :p

18. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

19. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I'm not a huge android fan. However the S5 replaced my 5S and is now my daily driver.

You may call some features useless or gimmicks but they are there and can be turned off, but you may actually find some of them useful and experience enhancing.

Try it. You might actually like it.

20. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Most of us are but it would prevent all the bickering but then again some of the stuff you read are interesting and funny. :D

21. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

When the new IPhone comes out, I will UPGRADE to the IPhone, I miss it..

----------

yea me too..

22. yinz macrumors 6502a

Ironically, Samsung isn't selling the time machine.

23. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Be sure apple won't release most of those gimmicks even in 2020 ....

24. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

How do you know? Like copy paste? Maybe like a smaller iPad? Or maybe like a larger screen iPhone? Probably could have said that about all those things too.......

25. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Remember when iPhone lovers called NFC a gimmick, now expected to widely be in the next iPhone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.