Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
I haven't owned one for about 2-3 years. I had the series 3 and 4 but sold them. I always opted for the Nike edition as I LOVE their faces... I was about to buy it last year but didn't because Nike didn't have the blue... I'm aiming for either blue, green or the "midnight one", which looks like is also a Nike edition color. But is it the same as last year's space grey/graphite, or black?

What are you guys going for, color and edition?

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Is there anywhere showing what the combinations actually are for the series 7? I haven’t seen them yet.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Sold my S6 a week ago other I wouldn't bother upgrading. Only colour I haven't had is the new gold (well last years gold really). So I might go with that. If not that then a repeat of the SB Titanium. Thats how boring this years apple apple is.

cptcaveman

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2005
I think Apple's going to be surprised at how little the Watch 7 sells. Like really surprised.

I was waiting on this one to upgrade to since passing over the Watch 6, which was literally the first yearly upgrade that I had ever passed on when it comes to iPhones and Apple Watches.

But with no extra battery life, the same dated shape and slightly more screen real estate which, while nice, nobody really asked for... no way.

Get back on your a-game Apple!

Edit: I hear now the Watch 7 is the exact same chip and revision as the Series 6. What!?!

Last edited:

rabbitroyal

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2021
The new colours for the aluminium ones seem weird. No real black/grey/silver but dark blue and champagne instead? Do you think there might be Nike variants with possibly different colours? I wanted to upgrade from my Series 1 but I have some nice bands which I wanted to keep and would look strange on the new colours!?

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Is there anywhere showing what the combinations actually are for the series 7? I haven’t seen them yet.
There are just some renders on the Apple.com main page, including the stainless (I think) with lavender band, green watch with the green band, blue watch with blue band, and starlight with starlight band.

Attachments

• 27428652-DEB7-48B7-BA52-9FF96005202E.png
    27428652-DEB7-48B7-BA52-9FF96005202E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 267

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I think Apple's going to be surprised at how little the Watch 7 sells. Like really surprised.
I think you would be surprised how few people actually upgrade every year. Most people upgrade every couple of years. Tons of people still never had an Apple Watch. For all these people the S7 is superb and will sell just fine. And for me personally the larger screen with smaller bezels, brighter always-on display and faster charging are reason enough to upgrade from S6.

the same dated shape
A lot of people are glad the Watch didn‘t become as boxy as the iPhone/iPad. Also, according to Apple the shape is not the same, but actually even more rounded.

slightly more screen real estate which, while nice, no really asked for...
20% is not slightly and was surely not easy to make happen in (almost) the same size enclosure. How could you not ask for maximizing the viewable screen area in a place that is so naturally limited in size as the wrist?

The new colours for the aluminium ones seem weird. No real black/grey/silver but dark blue and champagne instead?
I see no blue in Midnight aluminum. If anything, it seems to be a darker grey/black than space grey ever was. We‘ll have to wait for real-life pictures to be 100% sure there is no hint of blue there.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Do we even know what stainless and titanium colors Apple will offer? I’m hoping for a dark grey stainless version, but I haven’t yet seen anything that indicates we’ll be getting one.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
I've noticed this too. Doesn't this strike anyone as odd? Theres a very odd vibe surrounding this watch.

I don’t think it’s that strange I’m sure they will show it closer to pre orders but I didn’t know if it had been shown or now.

jtgreen86

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
I don't have a watch yet but have been waiting for the new ones. The lack of a black/grey aluminum one has really put me off of getting one. I don't want to spend extra just to get a color I prefer and I really don't like the darker two colors. Really dumb to not have a space grey or black version when the phones and iPads do and are still theoretically producing series 6 watches with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.