Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

StarBr33z3

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2017
Not sure if watchOS 4.3 or iOS 11.3 related, but the Battery widget on iPhone now correctly shows watch name (i.e. "John's Apple Watch S2"). Prior to updates, it was always listed as "Apple Watch".

Edit: Definitely watchOS 4.3 fix, Series0@4.2.2 is still being listed as "Apple Watch".

Last edited:

theoapo

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2015
Athens, Greece
I assume messages in iCloud is in this update. Can someone check. I don’t want to load the watch betas because there is no going back to the release version.

I would love to see the Watch supporting iCloud Messages or at least a sync between the watch and the phone. For example when I delete a message on the phone the same message should be deleted on the watch!

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
I noticed this activity bar is new in the Siri watch face.

Attachments

• DFE95C31-946E-4950-9349-D9E3C76EF6A1.png
    DFE95C31-946E-4950-9349-D9E3C76EF6A1.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: QuarterSwede

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Well, very surprisingly my series 0 watches are noticeably faster to use than any watchOS since 3. I updated both 7 hours ago and they definately seem smoother and less lagging. Seems like there’s a bit of extra “bounce” about the animations. Although the battery life seems to be taking a hit since watchOS 4, I’ll report back when I’ve used them (or one) for a full day. How has everyone else’s experience on series 0 watches been? It will be interesting to see. I’m intent to keep using these until series 4 if it offers something really new. Very pleased the beta actually. I don’t see any issues with it.

Reactions: ErikGrim

ad931

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
Athens, Greece
Not sure if watchOS 4.3 or iOS 11.3 related, but the Battery widget on iPhone now correctly shows watch name (i.e. "John's Apple Watch S2"). Prior to updates, it was always listed as "Apple Watch".

Edit: Definitely watchOS 4.3 fix, Series0@4.2.2 is still being listed as "Apple Watch".

Agree, the battery widget finally shows my name!

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
They finally fixed the Workout.app slowness issue on the Series 0 watches. 4.3beta seems faster overall than 4.2.2, though not by much. I’ll take anything at this point.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Well, very surprisingly my series 0 watches are noticeably faster to use than any watchOS since 3. I updated both 7 hours ago and they definately seem smoother and less lagging. Seems like there’s a bit of extra “bounce” about the animations. Although the battery life seems to be taking a hit since watchOS 4, I’ll report back when I’ve used them (or one) for a full day. How has everyone else’s experience on series 0 watches been? It will be interesting to see. I’m intent to keep using these until series 4 if it offers something really new. Very pleased the beta actually. I don’t see any issues with it.

If that’s true then that’s certainly good news. My ridiculously expensive SS Series 2 is inching closer to being a brick by the minute.

thunder025

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2017
I noticed a lot of new things in 4.3 but the biggest one is YOU CAN PLAY MUSIC FROM YOU PHONE THROUGH THE WATCH AGAIN.

[EDIT] I had a bunch of screenshots proving I was right but I just noticed people already posted what I just did so there is no point in doing it. Sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_5047.PNG
    IMG_5047.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5048.PNG
    IMG_5048.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5049.PNG
    IMG_5049.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5050.PNG
    IMG_5050.PNG
    86.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5051.PNG
    IMG_5051.PNG
    69 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: TheQuest89

HQuest

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
If your Watch is charging and you come closer to it while with your phone, it will leave standby mode and display the clock. I assume this is in preparation to the charging mat - in case you are walking in the dark, to avoid putting the phone over the watch. But thats just my guess.

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl

My 0 is running very well on this beta it's snappier and more fluid. Battery has been better for me in wOS4 than any other version. Each version of 4 seems to make it better. Really happy with this one.

Reactions: pedrowerner

dereknas

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2014
Just couple of things I would like to see in future watch OS:

1. Native sleep tracking app.
2. Auto detect workout (start with the basics i.e. walking, running and swimming etc.).
3. Always on display for time only while the rest of the complications will show up when either raise the hand or tap on the watch screen.
4. Siri independent of the phone e.g. ask siri to open workout app or start an outdoor walk/run. Is this even possible?

pedrowerner

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2016

2. Auto detect workout (start with the basics i.e. walking, running and swimming etc.).
3. Always on display for time only while the rest of the complications will show up when either raise the hand or tap on the watch screen.
4. Siri independent of the phone e.g. ask siri to open workout app or start an outdoor walk/run. Is this even possible?

All very plausible. New dev tools also.

pedrowerner

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2016
New extensions from Apple Music updated playlists on Siri watchface, still dont understand why I have to scroll up to see weather and now playing info.
94e4421b1ceff3f775e8e256204a5a8e.jpg

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia

This is literally my laundry list as well. The watch will be perfect once these are checked off.

Reactions: mel823

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
This is literally my laundry list as well. The watch will be perfect once these are checked off.

Re: Siri independent of phone, I assume you mean offline Siri for basic tasks, which I agree with. Siri on watch can operate with an internet connection, whether WiFi or LTE sans phone.

The other things I agree with; I don't think auto detect of workout styles works great on fitbit or similar devices. Often good guesses, but often requires manually adjusting the workout style; I'd rather manually start a workout. But that's just my personal take.

Other things, agree for sure

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I hope the Siri watch Face has improvements. Rather pointless in its current state imo.

Cheers

Agreed. It needs third party sources. Also, some ordering needs to change. Right now Activity shows at the end of the day - not helpful if you are checking this throughout the day and have to keep scrolling up and down. I'd also like to remove sunset/sunrise.

Would like a new face that is like modular but does not have the large module in the middle, but lets you add other things there. I need 1 more spot for everything i'd like on the watch face.

Just noticed that the Hidrate (smart water bottle) complication no longer shows as an option when setting up a watch face, but is listed under complications in the Watch app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.