Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
Avenger-spoiler-gate.

Movie-wrist-etiquette-gate.

Ignore-gate.

Multiple-first-world-problems............gate.

Gate.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
How was avengers? Just out of curiosity was it better then the first?

Not at all...I did not care for it at all really and have liked every other Marvel movie a lot. It just disappointed on many levels.

I too am worried about people using their Watch (and phones still) in theater, bothers the hell out of me.

DMSWE

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
Well, if it did not distract me - who's wearing the watch and has the watch right in front of my face, common sense indicated that the person sitting next to me was not distracted either. It's just not that bright like a phone and most watch faces have dark backgrounds.

I guess if the person sitting next to me is one of those that even the mere whisper of the breadth of the person sitting next to them bothers them, then the Watch is probably the least of the concerns. lol

It might not have been distracting but I don't know about common sense. The last person to notice your own bad habits is probably yourself.

elgerber

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
I wore mine to Furious 7 for my second viewing, and I thought about turning off the raise feature. But then I realized I ALWAYS have a hoodie on in the theater, because it's like a freezer in there, so it was covered the whole time anyway. Since I can't see the Avengers until Sunday, I am not reading the rest of this thread, just in case :p

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Not at all...I did not care for it at all really and have liked every other Marvel movie a lot. It just disappointed on many levels.

I too am worried about people using their Watch (and phones still) in theater, bothers the hell out of me.

I prefer the first movie by far, but I don't think age of ultron was a bad movie at all. I didn't like the storyline (and there's a lot going on)

That said, there are parts that are really strong. It was enjoyable for what it was, but I think this will probably be the weakest avengers film (The Russo brothers take over with the next installments)

Also the "spoilers" that were posted earlier weren't true ;), I think the poster was just having fun with the "spoiler thing".

I had long sleeves, so the watch wasn't a problem, but I'd either just turn off the raise to wrist or just turn the watch for the duration of the movie & get any notifications on my phone (in my pocket), like I used to do.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I saw Ultron last night - wasn't as good as the first one, but had its moments.

As a precaution, I set my watch on the dimmest screen setting. It didn't disturb anyone. Now, the guy two seats away from me who had his cell phone set to "strobe light" whenever he received a call or text? He disturbed everyone. :mad:

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
Enjoyed the movie, but also got to use the watch with my Fandango tickets and it was a very smooth process. The 2 tickets (a single QR code) were in my passbook. When I got to the theater I got a tap noticing that I was there and the QR code popped right up ready to be scanned. The ticket attendant thought it was pretty cool. After it was scanned I scrolled up and the theater number and show time were listed on the watch. Very cool and seamless process.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Enjoyed the movie, but also got to use the watch with my Fandango tickets and it was a very smooth process. The 2 tickets (a single QR code) were in my passbook. When I got to the theater I got a tap noticing that I was there and the QR code popped right up ready to be scanned. The ticket attendant thought it was pretty cool. After it was scanned I scrolled up and the theater number and show time were listed on the watch. Very cool and seamless process.

When you purchase the tickets from fandango do they just show up in passbook?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Switch sound off and put your watch in the dimmest mode possible.

You'll be surrounded with people using their phones, anyway.

That was my experience today.

----------

I saw Ultron last night - wasn't as good as the first one, but had its moments.

As a precaution, I set my watch on the dimmest screen setting. It didn't disturb anyone. Now, the guy two seats away from me who had his cell phone set to "strobe light" whenever he received a call or text? He disturbed everyone. :mad:

Ditto. Exactly the same thing today at Avengers.

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
When you purchase the tickets from fandango do they just show up in passbook?

No, If you have the Fandango app on your iPhone and open the app after you've made a purchase it will ask if you want to add the tickets to passbook. Obviously you need to use the same fandango account to buy the tickets as the one associated with the app on your phone. I don't think it'll do it for you automatically, though maybe there's a setting hidden in the Fandango app somewhere.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
No, If you have the Fandango app on your iPhone and open the app after you've made a purchase it will ask if you want to add the tickets to passbook. Obviously you need to use the same fandango account to buy the tickets as the one associated with the app on your phone. I don't think it'll do it for you automatically, though maybe there's a setting hidden in the Fandango app somewhere.

Ok thank you. Just never used fandango to buy tickets before.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I watched Age of Ultron Thursday night with my Watch and it was perfect. Even better because I didn't have to take my phone out to check the time. Just a quick glance on the Watch, then put the Watch back down and the screen turned off.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I'll weigh in as another view of Age of Ultron who had no issues whatsoever with his watch, and for those asking if it bothered the person beside you - my wife was also wearing hers and I never caught sight of it the entire movie.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I'll weigh in as another view of Age of Ultron who had no issues whatsoever with his watch, and for those asking if it bothered the person beside you - my wife was also wearing hers and I never caught sight of it the entire movie.

Exactly. My daughter was sitting next to me on the left (same side as my watch) and she never noticed it. I did glance at the time a couple of times (long movie) and simply covered with my hand to make it turn off again.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
I went to the movies the day after I got mine. I put it on do not disturb and it didn't bother me. The screen did light up a few times when I moved my arms and also when I went to check the time. It wasn't distracting because it dims in bright rooms anyways and a movie theater is never completely dark because the picture on the screen makes it bright. The people I went with didn't say anything to me about it bothering them so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Yup, this was my experience. I even left DND off since I was expecting to get a text. Wasn't a problem to check real quick.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
yes

Yes, we probably need a movie mode or some easy access mode to turn the face off automatic wrist detection because yes, it does keep coming in the movie theatre (well, it comes on everywhere as expected its just MUCH more noticeable in the theatre)

There also needs to be a mode to turn off the instant on when the crown is touched because when you use it with workout gloves (And the crown is facing the wrist) it keeps coming on and I am sure it will drain the battery faster.

sheldomacrumors

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
United Kingdom
[/COLOR]

Completely inappropriate for this forum. All you did was invite some other person to discuss the plot. Does this forum have an ignore feature?[/QUOTE]

Why you people wake up I don't know.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I created a new modular watch face and turned off all the complications just leaving the time in the upper right corner and made that red. It's pretty dim and should do just fine in the theater. I'll test it out tomorrow night.

Chris

I just read this in Apple Insider on Apple Watch tips: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...-light-movie-theatre-face-for-the-apple-watch

I set up my Movie Mode watch face as a choice on my watch so I'll be ready to switch to it when we see a movie this week. Just have to remember to change the Do Not Disturb setting in the Glances. Gotta love the flexibility of this Apple Watch!

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I've been to the movies a few times since owning an apple watch and never had an issue with the watch. The screen is at the dimmest setting and it's mostly black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.