Apple Watch Bands in Spring Collection Begin to Dwindle in Availability

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 18, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

If you want an Apple Watch band in Lemonade, Denim Blue, or Red Raspberry, you may want to place your order sooner rather than later.

[​IMG]

A handful of Apple Watch bands in the limited time Spring Collection are beginning to face limited to no availability through Apple's online store in select countries, nearly two months after they were first released. At least some of the bands remain available at select Apple retail stores for walk-in purchases.

Bands listed as "currently unavailable" via Apple's online store in United States:38mm Classic Buckle in Electric Blue
    38mm Classic Buckle in Soft Pink
    42mm Classic Buckle in Soft Pink
    38mm Sport Band in Lemonade
    42mm Sport Band in Lemonade
    38mm Sport Band in Denim Blue
    42mm Sport Band in Denim Blue
    42mm Sport Loop in Marine Green
    42mm Nike Sport Loop in Pearl Pink
    38mm Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl Pink
    42mm Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl PinkApple also appears to have notified some of its authorized resellers that these and many other Apple Watch bands, plus its discontinued AirPort router lineup, are "no longer available to order" and "will be removed" from their stores shortly, according to an unverified tip received by MacRumors today.

Apple indicated that each of these bands would only be available for a limited time, and it's common for inventory of Apple Watch bands to fluctuate. It's unclear if availability will be replenished at some point.

The shortage of Spring Collection bands could foreshadow Apple's plans to unveil a new Summer Collection of bands, perhaps at WWDC in June, as it did last year with Sport Bands in Mist Blue, Pollen, and Flamingo, and a Pride Edition of the Woven Nylon band. Apple often refreshes its bands each season.

Looking ahead, former KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the fourth-generation Apple Watch will feature a new design with a 15 percent larger display. It's unclear if the physical size of the Apple Watch will change, and if that will have any effect on compatibility with existing bands.

(Thanks, Glenn!)

Article Link: Apple Watch Bands in Spring Collection Begin to Dwindle in Availability

2. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Apple Watch band shortages? :eek:

Oh, the humanity! :D

3. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

4. newyorksole macrumors 68040

5. Cookie18 macrumors member

So many bands to buy, so little time to get them. I need them all!

6. krause734 macrumors 6502a

krause734

Wow now that is cutting edge innovation right there.

7. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

8. recoil80 macrumors 68020

I wonder how many bands they sell given that you can buy third party ones at a fraction of the price and there is no technology there, is just a band.
    I bought 3 bands from Amazon spending less money than the price of a single original band and they're good.

9. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Love finding Vine references!

10. Applebot1 macrumors 6502a

Timmy loves a good watch band.
    The biggest product that gets updated.

11. AppleWarMachine macrumors 65816

AppleWarMachine

12. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

I never understood why they make such a limited supply , I get they are seasonal but after one month already out of stock?? Maybe triple the numbers to at least get through the summer.

13. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

14. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

It's a fantastic strategy to have AW bands "seasons". Maybe some limited edition "crazy" band or more designer bands besides Hermès would keep things even more fresh.

15. citysnaps macrumors 601

I'm pleased with the wrap-around band I purchased not long ago. The design assures a good fit without having to compromise on the band being too tight or too loose - and it's super comfortable.

Astonishing how so many here get the shakes and worked up because Apple sells accessory watchbands for their watches. Not healthy.

16. alwaysbeincontact macrumors regular

alwaysbeincontact

I just picked up the Black/Platinum Nike Band and love it!

17. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Sport Loop and Woven Nylon bands are awesome. I have four of each.

18. kahkityoong macrumors 6502

kahkityoong

19. citysnaps macrumors 601

I've had one of those for a couple months and plan on buying another one.

20. satchmo macrumors 68000

I suggest buying an extra two or three of the same product it you like it...but at $69 here in Canada, buying three will run you almost half the cost of the watch.

21. Defthand macrumors 6502a

It's more evidence that Apple's cred as a tech company is evolving into one of a fashion company.

Makes perfect sense why they hired Angela Ahrendts. Mark my words, she'll be the next CEO.

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Or...OR...the shortage of "Spring Collection" bands could foreshadow the end of spring.

23. citysnaps macrumors 601

No it's not. Watchbands are simply an accessory that I suspect Apple is making a decent amount of money. Ahrendts is doing a fantastic job.

24. DaveOP macrumors 65816

So true, the number of people who get triggered by watch band posts amazes me. Apple makes extremely high quality bands all across the board, and it's nice to have a change of pace once in a while. People here act like they're taking engineers off of iOS to design and produce watch bands.

25. RogerWilco macrumors 6502a

RogerWilco