Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you want an Apple Watch band in Lemonade, Denim Blue, or Red Raspberry, you may want to place your order sooner rather than later.

apple-watch-spring-collection-bands-800x609.jpg

A handful of Apple Watch bands in the limited time Spring Collection are beginning to face limited to no availability through Apple's online store in select countries, nearly two months after they were first released. At least some of the bands remain available at select Apple retail stores for walk-in purchases.

Bands listed as "currently unavailable" via Apple's online store in United States:38mm Classic Buckle in Electric Blue
38mm Classic Buckle in Soft Pink
42mm Classic Buckle in Soft Pink
38mm Sport Band in Lemonade
42mm Sport Band in Lemonade
38mm Sport Band in Denim Blue
42mm Sport Band in Denim Blue
42mm Sport Loop in Marine Green
42mm Nike Sport Loop in Pearl Pink
38mm Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl Pink
42mm Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl PinkApple also appears to have notified some of its authorized resellers that these and many other Apple Watch bands, plus its discontinued AirPort router lineup, are "no longer available to order" and "will be removed" from their stores shortly, according to an unverified tip received by MacRumors today.

Apple indicated that each of these bands would only be available for a limited time, and it's common for inventory of Apple Watch bands to fluctuate. It's unclear if availability will be replenished at some point.

The shortage of Spring Collection bands could foreshadow Apple's plans to unveil a new Summer Collection of bands, perhaps at WWDC in June, as it did last year with Sport Bands in Mist Blue, Pollen, and Flamingo, and a Pride Edition of the Woven Nylon band. Apple often refreshes its bands each season.

Looking ahead, former KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the fourth-generation Apple Watch will feature a new design with a 15 percent larger display. It's unclear if the physical size of the Apple Watch will change, and if that will have any effect on compatibility with existing bands.

(Thanks, Glenn!)

Article Link: Apple Watch Bands in Spring Collection Begin to Dwindle in Availability

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I wonder how many bands they sell given that you can buy third party ones at a fraction of the price and there is no technology there, is just a band.
I bought 3 bands from Amazon spending less money than the price of a single original band and they're good.

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
It's a fantastic strategy to have AW bands "seasons". Maybe some limited edition "crazy" band or more designer bands besides Hermès would keep things even more fresh.

Reactions: Precursor

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
I'm pleased with the wrap-around band I purchased not long ago. The design assures a good fit without having to compromise on the band being too tight or too loose - and it's super comfortable.

Astonishing how so many here get the shakes and worked up because Apple sells accessory watchbands for their watches. Not healthy.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Sport Loop and Woven Nylon bands are awesome. I have four of each.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I suggest buying an extra two or three of the same product it you like it...but at $69 here in Canada, buying three will run you almost half the cost of the watch.

Defthand

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Astonishing how so many here get the shakes and worked up because Apple sells accessory watchbands for their watches. Not healthy.

It's more evidence that Apple's cred as a tech company is evolving into one of a fashion company.

Makes perfect sense why they hired Angela Ahrendts. Mark my words, she'll be the next CEO.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
The shortage of Spring Collection bands could foreshadow Apple's plans to unveil a new Summer Collection of bands, perhaps at WWDC in June, as it did last year with Sport Bands in Mist Blue, Pollen, and Flamingo, and a Pride Edition of the Woven Nylon band. Apple often refreshes its bands each season.

Or...OR...the shortage of "Spring Collection" bands could foreshadow the end of spring.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm pleased with the wrap-around band I purchased not long ago. The design assures a good fit without having to compromise on the band being too tight or too loose - and it's super comfortable.

So true, the number of people who get triggered by watch band posts amazes me. Apple makes extremely high quality bands all across the board, and it's nice to have a change of pace once in a while. People here act like they're taking engineers off of iOS to design and produce watch bands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.