Apple Watch ECG FUNCTION ! (In other countries)

zulkiflim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Singapore
So much for the person who called and said that the function was not even being "applied" for!

This is a weird statement.
Are you against a consumer asking a corporation of their product advertised capabilities?
Of a consumer who needs that function ?

For all you know , this thread was the impetus for Apple to actually do something .

The best way to get to the bottom is ASK WHEN DID APPLE RAISE THE REQEUST ?

Can anyone in the EU , ask ?
[doublepost=1553609299][/doublepost]
I think he was in Singapore, but yes I get your point. At the end of the day anybody who believes a random from a government office confirming anything is either very naive or very stupid.

I am not sure how it is done in your part of the world, but here, those who reply to an email will also include their FULL NAME / Department / Contact number and role in said department especially for GOVERMENT bodies.

It is not some random person as you believe.

Reactions: mrex

cdcdoc

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2012
Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Are you against a consumer asking a corporation of their product advertised capabilities?

For all you know , this thread was the impetus for Apple to actually do something .

I was just laughing that you thought you could call the government and get an answer to what you were seeking and insisting they had not even applied for approval.

Sorry if you take exception to that!

Reactions: Azathoth123

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2012
England

[doublepost=1553609299][/doublepost]

I am not sure how it is done in your part of the world, but here, those who reply to an email will also include their FULL NAME / Department / Contact number and role in said department especially for GOVERMENT bodies.

It is not some random person as you believe.
Please. Just stop. This is boring. You said your piece thousands of times. We said our piece thousands of times. Let’s just leave it and move on.

zulkiflim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Singapore
I was just laughing that you thought you could call the government and get an answer to what you were seeking and insisting they had not even applied for approval.

Sorry if you take exception to that!
I forgive you .

I understand from YOUR American POV that gov are not reliable, given that most of your politicians lies for a living .

But perhaps you should visit some countries that do take pride in honesty and in their work.
[doublepost=1553642996][/doublepost]
Please. Just stop. This is boring. You said your piece thousands of times. We said our piece thousands of times. Let’s just leave it and move on.
Well and it seems my piece have helped ...right ?

Your sides JUST believes ...while I take action and ASK .

If YOU distrust your Gov so much , then perhaps you can CALL APPLE and ask them WHEN DID THYE MAKE THE REQUEST ?

Reactions: kshitijshah

garethjs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
So ECG is also a customisable option for the Apple Watch face in Australia with iOS 12.2. Obviously it does nothing until watchOS is updated. So hopefully this means we’ll be getting it in Australia too soon

Reactions: Cleartz

bluegt

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2015
Couldn't help but chime in - if someone in the Singapore government said that Apple hasn't yet applied to that particular ministry, that is a 99.9% accurate statement at the time that it was made.

Disappointing... but Singapore is a small market and Apple likely has a limited team working on regulatory approvals for these types of devices.

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Couldn't help but chime in - if someone in the Singapore government said that Apple hasn't yet applied to that particular ministry, that is a 99.9% accurate statement at the time that it was made.

Disappointing... but Singapore is a small market and Apple likely has a limited team working on regulatory approvals for these types of devices.
Yeah I still doubt it.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately

I'd like to point out that 99.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

bluegt

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2015
I'd like to point out that 99.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Hahaha, so true. I should have included 99.9% +/- 1%.

Zulkiflim, you should check with the regulator again to see if there are any updates. (It's strange when a government is a more dependable source of information than our beloved Apple)

baldachin

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2017
That is utter nonsense. You make way too many assumptions and present it as THE way to go, thinking that would be action (just taking any action doesn't make it right). What you described in this thread is not how it works.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Took my first ECQ this morning. I'm all good :p

Still cool how Apple ninja-introduced it in Europe. Only just before the 5.2 release they got approval of several governments and not one official leaked the news ;-)

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
And according to post #5 on February 22nd, Apple had not even requested approval in the EU and there were similar posts in other threads related to GB/EU.

And yet about a month later here we are. It’s really amazing, that in one short month Apple made the approval request, got the approval, wrote/modified the code, and rolled out the update! What a fantastically fast-moving company! /H

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
I have been to 19 different countries and not found one better to live in than America.

My cat will also kick your cat's butt!
Germany has been to over more than 19... ahh no... US Americans still win this battle (pun intended). Sorry for the off topic but every democracy is worth living in. So be nice everyone.
[doublepost=1553799548][/doublepost]@zulkiflim you see there's progress. All you need to do is wait. Be patient and let apple and your gov work it our. I think both are in talks regarding this feature.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Germany has been to over more than 19... ahh no... US Americans still win this battle (pun intended). Sorry for the off topic but every democracy is worth living in. So be nice everyone.
[doublepost=1553799548][/doublepost]@zulkiflim you see there's progress. All you need to do is wait. Be patient and let apple and your gov work it our. I think both are in talks regarding this feature.
Wise words . . . .

+1 on Democracy!

It is being challenged everywhere!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I guess it’s a good thing that we are (UK) still part of the EU for now.
[doublepost=1553838667][/doublepost]Despite having tachycardia. I did my ECG 5 times yesterday and I got sinus rhythm every time. I guess my hear just beats a little faster.

Reactions: zulkiflim