Apple Watch ECG FUNCTION ! (In other countries)

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Correct but as a consumer who want the ECG function should not we FIND out before purchase?
Yes. Customers should do their research first before purchasing.
With that being said, I want the ECG feature but I am ok not having it. And I don’t see anyone looking for an Apple Watch in a local Apple store really care much about ECG, and store staff does not mention it either as this feature is not available in my country.
Guys, some people here take this way too seriously. That definitely is not good for the heart.
Yes. Totally agree.

Reactions: Azathoth123

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
On March 1st, 2019 it was posted that Apple had not even applied for a request to activate ECG in Singapore. And yet here it is with todays update. Boy, Apple must be very fast to get all that done in about 4 months!

i wonder what the OP thinks about this?

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I forgive you .

I understand from YOUR American POV that gov are not reliable, given that most of your politicians lies for a living .

But perhaps you should visit some countries that do take pride in honesty and in their work.
[doublepost=1553642996][/doublepost]

Well and it seems my piece have helped ...right ?

Your sides JUST believes ...while I take action and ASK .

If YOU distrust your Gov so much , then perhaps you can CALL APPLE and ask them WHEN DID THYE MAKE THE REQUEST ?
So it got released in Singapore. Please enlighten me why you didn't know in advance, with all your government contacts? :-s

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
HELLO,

I am posting this here because this forum is frequented by people from many countries.

The purpose is to clarify a simple Question , When will ECG be rolled out in our own country?

I highlighted this issue previously in another non- Apple Watch thread, and was blasted saying it is not Apple fault but rather pending our own country approval.

For me personally , Singapore, I have reached out and asked my own country “ FDA” , they replied APPLE did not apply for the ECG function.

Now legal wise, in Apple Singapore website, they have no mention of ECG function.
But those who bought it assumed based on the pre release video, it will released in time .

I went to Apple Community website and there are many who are wondering when the ECG will be rolled out.

So I would ask forummers who want to get an Apple Watch or have bought an Apple Watch , should call Apple support and flip the question back.

“ Did Apple raise a request to enable the ECG, if so what was date raised?”

Thanks, let work together to get the life saving technology that we pay/paid full price for!
...and the one response I am waiting for is yours... busy doing all those ecg now, aren’t you?

Reactions: StumpyBloke

sdarren7

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2018
I am from singapore too. Was surprised that ECG is available in SG suddenly.
Well i think what TS mean about apple trying hard to seek approval for the rest of the world is from the keynote and US commercial with ECG function.

I got my watch from launch day and ECG was not mentioned on singapore website. Even the apple sg website /youtube video commercial had the ECG part omitted. They have since refresh the website to advertise about the ecg function.

Well it better to be late than never. I had been waiting for homepod to launch in Singapore for over a year and i brought it from hong kong instead. Haha. I guess the delay is due to siri english for singapore. As our apple tv 4k also do not hv siri function.

Reactions: Azathoth123

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
It’s not that late, except in technology terms. Technology moves and ages fast, governments move more slowly.

But all is good, Singapore has a great new feature for Apple Watch users! I hope that it gives great benefit to people there.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Hi everyone. If you buy an Apple Watch Series 4 in the US, and bring it to China, will the ECG function work? Does anyone have any experience with this?

penguinn

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
Hi everyone. If you buy an Apple Watch Series 4 in the US, and bring it to China, will the ECG function work? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Hi; if you pair it with an iPhone in US and dont change the paired phone in unsupported country there will be no problem. If you pair again with another iPhone in unsupported country you will lose ECG function.
I have experienced both 2 scenarios.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Hi; if you pair it with an iPhone in US and dont change the paired phone in unsupported country there will be no problem. If you pair again with another iPhone in unsupported country you will lose ECG function.
I have experienced both 2 scenarios.
Thanks so much for the input! What if you pair it in the US with an iPhone purchased in another country, such as China?

penguinn

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
Thanks so much for the input! What if you pair it in the US with an iPhone purchased in another country, such as China?
No problem with a phone which purchased another country. Being in US with a active sim card is enough.

UsefulStuff

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2020
There is a new way to enable the ECG in any country and its very easy
here is the link and you can do it very easy