Apple Watch Gets New Spring Collection of Bands, Available to Order Later This Month

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today debuted a new Spring Collection of Apple Watch bands, available to order from Apple.com and at select Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Resellers across the United States and other countries later this month.

[​IMG]

Woven Nylon bands now include an updated stripe pattern, and there's new colors of the Sport Band, Sport Loop, and Classic Buckle.
    Sport Band in Denim Blue, Lemonade, and Red Raspberry
    Woven Nylon in Black Stripe, Blue Stripe, Gray Stripe, and Pink Stripe
    Sport Loop in Flash Light, Hot Pink, Marine Green, and Tahoe Blue
    Classic Buckle in Spring Yellow, Electric Blue, and Soft PinkApple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will include new 38mm and 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Loop models.

[​IMG]

Apple said the Nike Sport Loop will now be sold separately in a variety of colors matching with the latest Nike running shoes. There's also new colors for the Nike Sport Band, which Apple already sells separately:
    Nike Sport Loop in Black/Pure Platinum, Bright Crimson/Black, Cargo Khaki, Midnight Fog, and Pearl Pink
    Nike Sport Band in Barely Rose/Pearl Pink, Black/White, and Cargo Khaki/BlackApple Watch Nike+ (GPS + Cellular) will include new 38mm and 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Midnight Fog Nike Sport Loop models.

[​IMG]

For Apple Watch Hermès, the Single Tour Rallye and Double Tour bands now display contrasting paint details:
    38mm Double Tour in Indigo with rouge H polished edge and rouge H contrasted loop
    38mm Double Tour in Blanc with rouge H polished edge and rouge H contrasted loop
    42mm Single Tour Rallye in Indigo with rouge H polished edge and rouge H contrasted loop
    42mm Single Tour Rallye in Blanc with rouge H polished edge and rouge H contrasted loopApple's press release outlines complete pricing and availability information for the new Spring Collection bands and models.

Article Link: Apple Watch Gets New Spring Collection of Bands, Available to Order Later This Month

2. profets macrumors 68040

Not unexpected, but I figured we'd be seeing these show up online next week after the event.

3. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

I like some of these, but I'd absolutely love it if they dropped the price of these things to $29. They're extremely high quality, don't get me wrong. But I'd own so many more of these at that price. Surely they'd still be very profitable even at $20 less.

4. alco macrumors newbie

There's 25 minutes gone from the Spring event next week

5. Dave245 macrumors 603

They wouldn't announce these at next weeks event since it's education focused and NOT a typical spring product event. To be honest they may not even announce any products at next weeks event.

6. Hisagi macrumors newbie

7. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Those striped nylon bands look awesome. I’ll be getting a couple for sure. The loop and nylon bands are so comfortable. You don’t even feel like you’re wearing a watch.

8. technole macrumors member

technole

Unfortuantely for you, several popular colors completely sell out at current prices.

9. jjhny macrumors regular

jjhny

This is like an Onion article... this is what they are concentrating on? I'm waiting for Apple's line of 'Member's Only' jackets.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Why would they announce these at an event when they just announced them on their website this morning? Also what do watch bands have to do with education?

11. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Hey, what's your favourite band?

Nike sports band.

12. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

It was either a press release or time during a keynote.

I prefer the former.

13. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

14. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

This is where Apple’s obsession with margins sometimes goes wrong. I have a lot of watch bands but have friends who only have one or two (if more than one most likely a gift) because no way are they spending $49 for them. Drop to $29 and they would sell way more.

15. csurfr macrumors 65816

I’ve been wanting to grab a silver aluminum S3 as I like it better than my Space Grey, and that white nylon band with the green and blue stripes looks nice. I wonder if it will only be available with the watch or separately.

Edit: the band I’m referring to is on Apple.com in the full press release.

16. deckard666 macrumors 6502

deckard666

As a business you generally concentrate where the money is - I presume for a small design bill the money generated by (new) bands is amazing.

17. thekeyring macrumors 68040

No, it's no more concerning than if they quietly released new iPhone cases.

Be concerned when Apple takes 30 mins out of an event to unveil these things.

18. dan9700 macrumors 65816

dan9700

But all the expensive ones can’t open for AirPower

19. csurfr macrumors 65816

Damn, I forgot this was coming. Another added expense for the convenience of charging all three Apple devices using only one plug.

20. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Cue the 'but where's the modular Mac Pro???' comments...

They look pretty nice, however - I'll probably pick up a stripy Nylon for Spring!

21. csurfr macrumors 65816

“We’ve got some great new bands for Spring, we’d love to show you all of them now...”

An hour later, still no updated Mac mini or MacBook Air.

22. Squozen macrumors member

When they say new watch models are coming this month I presume they’re just meaning the same models as they sell currently but with a new default band?

23. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

24. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

wonder if we will get more press releases later today.. cheaper ipad, airpower anyone?

last year on this date we got the press release for watch bands, ipad....