Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

New CAD images of the upcoming Apple Watch "Pro" have been shared online by 91mobiles, providing a closer look at the alleged design of the device.

apple-watch-pro-cads.jpg

The renders line up with Apple Watch "Pro" case images shared earlier this morning, revealing the inclusion of a new physical button on the left side of the watch. The new button is visible within the CAD images, which show it sitting beneath three holes likely to be the speaker vents.

As for the Digital Crown, the CADs reveal a much more rugged look for the dial compared to the current version. Both the Digital Crown and Side Button appear to be housed within a new chassis protrusion on the side of the Apple Watch Pro, which could make them more easily accessible. The display on the watch is completely flat, unlike the Apple Watch Series 7, which features curved edges around the display.

apple-watch-pro-cads-2.jpg

In his Power On newsletter this weekend, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said that the Apple Watch "Pro" will feature a significantly larger display that will likely "be bigger than most wrists." Past rumors have suggested a case size between 47mm and 48mm for the device. Apple plans to use the larger display to display additional metrics to athletes during workouts, and there will also be redesigned watch faces, according to Gurman.

The new Pro model will sit at the top of the Apple Watch lineup, with pricing expected to fall in the $900 to $1,000 range. Apple is expected to announce the all-new Apple Watch "Pro" during an event on Wednesday, September 7. The new high-end Apple Watch will join the new Apple Watch Series 8 and an updated Apple Watch SE in the lineup.

Update: Bloomberg's Mark Gurman says the renders shared by 91Mobiles accurately depict the design of the Apple Watch "Pro."

Article Link: Apple Watch 'Pro' CAD Renders Show Flat Screen Design With Extra Button, Protrusion Housing Digital Crown and Side Button

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: krspkbl

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Noticeably thicker but otherwise doesn't appear much larger than the current 45mm model which makes sense considering it is only a 2mm difference. It looks more stylish than the leaked case designs earlier today were pointing to.

I'm intrigued to see it at the keynote.

Tovenaar

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
As a triathlete I hope that this new Apple Watch plays well with other platforms, like Training Peaks. The main reason I have a Garmin is so that my coach can send me workouts and then track detailed results. Currently that's not possible on an Apple Watch.

If Apple is serious about targeting athletes it needs to get the software right, not the hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.