Apple Watch Series 3 Nike+ Cellular Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iThink Apple, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I'm sorry, I should have specified the 42mm. I've been watching istocknow.com for changes as well. Unless there's a daytime shipment of them, they will likely not have them in stock. I was wondering if any were delivered from manufacturing yet and since AlliFlowers has the square box, it's possible. I've been up in the air about upgrading my S2, but since I'm having way too much issues keeping the Pear app running while working out, I figure I can upgrade and turn the old watch into cultofmac's program. I won't sell on ebay since I've been burnt before.

2. Leica Dad macrumors regular

Leica Dad

They said they did, but the only I bought (last one) was the black sport band. I think the sport loop looks ok, the Nike sport loop is a little different than the Apple one besides color. I compare the Nike black sport loop with Apple's the Nike one is a bit thicker.

3. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I think the Apple black sport loop is multicolored while the Nike one is black and grey? Wasn't a fan of the multi one. Maybe the black/grey will look better IRL.

4. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

Verizon hasn't updated my order status yet, but I was charged for the sales tax today so I'm assuming my 42mm Series 3, Space Gray Nike Sport will be shipping in the next 24 hours.

Same thing with the phone a few weeks ago and I got it 2 day FedEx.

5. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I got the black multicolored on and returned it after noticing that there's an exclusive nike loop that wasn't what I bought. I got the dark olive to replace it until I get the nike upgrade. It's nicer than the multicolored black, but be aware that the plastic parts look olive too and looks a little odd. You don't notice normally so I don't care.

6. tacosandbeer macrumors newbie

Had to call AT&T to get the watch activated. Took about 30 minutes including wait time.

7. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

Just got my watch!!!! Looks amazing in black!!! Mine sisnt come in a square box.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2017 ---
    I activated via the waych app....took 3mins.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

photos or it didn't happen!

9. Leica Dad macrumors regular

Leica Dad

I thought the Nike one looks ok, the grey part is a little lighter than I thought, I wish they have a all black one.

10. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I think any Apple Watch that comes with a sport loop band comes in the square box. Any watches with a band like the regular sport band that can lay flat comes in the long box.

11. Leica Dad macrumors regular

Leica Dad

After 7 days of test videos, I finally convinced my wife to switch back to Apple Watch from Fitbit!

[Welcome to the dark side]

Attached Files:

12. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I don't think so based off the picture above. Maybe the square box is for watches with LTE / more expensive ones?

13. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

No because my 42 Nike+ LTE came in the regular rectangle box.

14. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

That's what I'm doing. Never had the Watch before and passed on Series 1 and 2... I finally decided to go for Series 3 and ditch Fitbit at the same time.

Mine should be shipping today... was already charged.

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Ok...I freakin' love the Nike sport loop. It is beyond soft. And it just looks amazing!

That square box...I'd love to know who thought that up. It was HEAVY! Why did they need to make it so heavy?!

16. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

Which version and size did you get exactly?

17. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

Good to know, thanks. That's why I went with the sport loop.

18. Aph0tic macrumors newbie

Aph0tic

Umm... guys. Did UPS invent teleportation? I think I have solid proof...

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.07.12 AM.png

19. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

3 hour flight from KY to CA.... offset by the time change. Looks legit. :)

20. Leica Dad macrumors regular

Leica Dad

haha, I'm now setting it up for her, I convinced her by telling her she should be checking on her heart rate too.
    She's a swimmer and the only two waterproof fitbits are their watches, which looks... you know. Priced similar to Apple Watch too, there is no comparison there, Apple Watch is a much more capable device!

21. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seems to be square box for watches with a "loop" band. Long box for watches with a flat/open band.

22. Leica Dad macrumors regular

Leica Dad

That's also our favorite strap so far, I will be getting a pick one for my wife and possibly a black one for myself!

23. zblomstrom macrumors newbie

That really sucks! I would think you should get your watch by tomorrow at the latest. Fortunately, they reported the "mechanical failure" about an hour away from where I am which is probably why it was still delivered today. I've never had this happen on any other UPS delivery I've received.

24. Aph0tic macrumors newbie

Aph0tic

Oh, I was getting the time change backwards lol. Was thinking it was instantaneous. Regardless, no departure and no arrival scan? What's up with that?

25. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

Absolutely.

I used the Charge HR that I gave to a friend. It monitored heart rate and overall wasn't a bad fitness device. I'm mainly going for the Watch for the fitness extras that Fitbit doesn't have as well as everything else that comes with the Watch... Siri, LTE, etc etc...