Apple Watch Series 3 Nike+ Cellular Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iThink Apple, Sep 15, 2017.

1. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

placed an order for pickup today at local apple store for my wife's 38mm Nike Apple GPS + Cellular watch. Time to cancel the online order.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

38 space grey with LTE and the platinum/black loop.

fUHoY8PiRfCGdlwUOmYouQ.jpg

3. Rmpaul211 macrumors regular

Rmpaul211

Why is your box squared vs rectangles!? I’m happy for you post pics everyone !!!

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Square box = sport loop. Rectangle = other band.

5. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

Looks nice... I feel a lot better now about my choice. My 42 should be shipping today!

6. techspin macrumors 6502a

Is that a photo of yourself? That's awesome :D

Can we see another angle of the loop?

7. Rmpaul211 macrumors regular

Rmpaul211

As I was walking in to pick up my Watch someone was asking about the same exact one and they said this is the last one we have in stock for this configuration!!! Thank you for in store pick up. I cancelled my order that was scheduled to be delivered mid October

Attached Files:

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If that was addressed to me, no, it's my husband.

GVrZS2OjR9KSgxmtxx13sg.jpg sIOG4g%LQu6UtCJnZFQCgA.jpg aUTtkResRKSPB6SVqakOtw.jpg

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Hey gang, my Nike+ arrived earlier today and the unboxing will have to wait until I return on October 21 from a wilderness field trip. The reason for this post though is to say it’s been a lot of fun hanging out with you while we all waited for our Nike+ Series 3s to arrive. It’s always fun to band together while we wait. I wish all of you the best and quicker-than-expected delivery times for all of those still waiting. Take care and I’ll see ya in other MacRumors threads!

10. Rmpaul211 macrumors regular

Rmpaul211

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Precisely why I was willing to wait and get this watch.

12. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

13. mark081990 macrumors member

The sport loop is just utter garbage. I know for a fact it will not dry / wick sweat away faster than the traditional Nike band. The sweat will sit there. Nikes best dri-fit material is average at best at wicking moisture. And I’m willing to bet after 9-10 months of actually using it for activities that the velcro will not hold up. Don’t fall for the gimmick they’re obviously going for making the band available only if you buy the Nike series.

It’s obviously generating some hype. Nike / Apple will make it available for purchase in the near future. It’ll probably be an absurd $49 or $59.

I bought the Nike series and it was a no brained to not get the sport loop. The unproven vs. the known.

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just curious, how many runs have you taken with the sport loop?

A buddy has one (non-Nike watch) and loves his for his runs, claims the opposite of what you're saying.

Just trying to reconcile two completely opposite claims.

(I don't have any investment; I don't have or want a loop, as I prefer a two-piece band rather than the loop style, regardless of what it does or doesn't do with sweat)

15. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

16. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Already ran with it several times...doesn't come undone anywhere yet. You're probably right about the wicking sweat away, but most of the band doesn't rest on the wrist provided you don't tighten it to an uncomfortable level. I was rather happy with the first week on the feel and the fact that it stays dry.

That being said, I don't know how it will hold up given the velcro design and continuous sweat exposure. I'll see. I have the nike band as well and initially, the fabric loop does better in my case. I have issues with breaking out in a rash on normal bands to include the nike band (though it is far better). The loop hasn't caused any issues yet. I think it just breaths better.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2017 ---
    I think he's assuming looking. I've done over a week's worth with the loop and it works better. I heard the nike is thicker so it might behave even better. The regular band still works fine, but I can see how it can get gross with sweat.

17. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

Hahah... exactly the one I ordered too... the 42. Something about that loop and the space gray watch that had me wanting it.

18. yang88she macrumors regular

Thanks for the info in this thread, retired my gen 0 sports for a nike gen 2, and now going to pick up the the LTE gen 3...

19. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

Yeah I have had rash issues like that as well... another reason I went with the loop. Seeing the pics in this thread and comments such as yours have me feeling really good about my Watch that should be shipping today... I got charged earlier.

20. mark081990 macrumors member

I’m up to 0 runs with a sport loop since I don’t have it. I’m closing in on 3000 miles for the year in my Garmin 235 that has the identical band as the traditional Nike band.

Garmin has had their skin in the game a lot longer than Nike tom tom and Nike Series 3. If Garmin didn’t see the value in experimenting with a different band... then all that tells you is don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Aesthetically it may look nice. For most run of the mill gym goers it may feel nice. But there is no denying the fact that you’re not getting through a marathon (or even a half) with the sport loop being comfortable.

I don’t mean to offend the ones who bought the loop... it just goes against what we know works. Any fabric is going to be inferior (in terms of sweat wick and stability) to the traditional silicone with holes in it.

21. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Did anyone receive a Bright Crimson/Black Sport Loop today? Interested in how this looks on the wrist, going to either pick up that or the Pure Platinum/Black Sport Band watch at some point.

22. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

You can already buy the sport loop even if you don't get the Nike version. You can buy the strap by itself or with a non-Nike Series 3 watch.

23. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

its a bit pink as compared to red. i showed it to my wife and she instantly said she doesnt want it!

24. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hmm. Do you have any pictures? I can't find anything online outside of the renders.

I already have a Platinum/White Nike Sport Band so would really like a Loop to change things up, but that sounds a little odd. Might try and see one in person soon.

25. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

no i havent. i saw it in the Apple store.

Edit found the picture. See here

[​IMG]