Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamMacPerson, Sep 15, 2017.

1. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Any comment of battery life with audible alerts, amount of notifications and complications running, music playback with interactive apps at the gym?!

I think with all the excitement, pre orders and deliveries on Apple Watch S3 I really think Apple may need to start individual reporting of these in its own category ;)

I love my Apple Watch S2 Nike+ and glad these devices are no longer seen as a gimmick.

PS: place your phone on a table where the camera can get a view of you giving the wife/husband their AW and use yours to take a remote picture ;)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    . Regarding Health Data is it split (history) between the two devices, meaning of you delete the S0 Watch all historical data is gone?
    I’ve sold my first Apple Watch S2 Nike+ and bought another and restored from backup and this is what happened.

2. jimfastcar1 macrumors member

jimfastcar1

Went to the Apple Store in Mississauga and snagged the last 42 mm Black SS. Beautiful watch, paired and stored Gen 1 info perfectly, but Cellular function not working after an hour with Tech support. Will work it out eventually I am sure. Appears to be a problem with Bell Canada and Apple.

3. Skighreinbold macrumors member

Did anyone’s t mobile pre-order just move to not shipping until November :(?

4. hthodges, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017

hthodges macrumors newbie

AW Series 3: “Hello, my name is Tracy, Dick Tracy”

After waiting patiently nearly all day for that familiar brown truck, my SS S3 LTE finally arrived. Setup was a snap - it went much faster and easier than I anticipated. Tap, tap, click, click and my S3 was operational. I skipped the AT&T authorization because I wanted to make sure the watch was operating perfectly and that my heart rate data from my S0 was intact. It was. At age 79, one pays attention to heart rate data. The most difficult part of the process was removing the Milanese strap from my S0. I had never removed it since Opening Day in 2015 and it was gummed up. I cleaned the ends of the strap and the slots on my S0 with 180 proof Everclear. I keep Everclear around for cleaning purposes only, you understand.

The S3 is outstanding. Display brilliant. Very responsive. Watch face changes easy. App loading is fast. I am very happy. “It just works.”

After reading some of the posts here, I was apprehensive about the AT&T authorization process. It was very easy. Tap, tap, tap and it was done. Apparently, AT&T had gotten their act together by late afternoon. Now it was time to try out LTE. Leaving my iP7 on my desk, I hobbled down the street 3 or 4 doors and finally got the green dots. I placed my first call to my 89 year old sister in Washington State. She uses a iP6 I bought for her. 89 years old. iPhone. Non techy. Get it? “It just works.” When I lifted my wrist to place that first call, I was transported in my imagination back into the 1940’s newspaper comics. I told my big sister that she should no longer call her little brother “Tommy” but “Dick.” Dick Tracy. The 2-way wrist radio is here. Thank you, Steve.

Respectfully submitted,

Tommy, aka Dick Tracy

5. Achilles75 macrumors member

Just got a shipping notification on this order. Arrival date has change from 10/13 - 10/20 to 9/27.

6. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Glad everything works for you. Very cool!

7. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Thanks... I enjoyed reading this more than just about any other post on the AW3.

8. hthodges macrumors newbie

Thanks! I enjoyed writing it.

9. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

Awesome post! Thank you for sharing your experience

10. jchiou macrumors 6502

jchiou

UPS guy showed up at my house around 3:30PM yesterday and as soon as I opened the door, he literally threw the box at me and said, "it's from Apple!" and started running back towards his truck. I was like "uhh I don't need to sign for this?" and he's like, "no! i handed it to you!" haha okay...anyway, this is my first AW and so far I'm loving it!! :)

IMG_8388.JPG

11. techspin macrumors 6502a

How do ya'll like the sport loop compared to the other bands? Comfortable?

12. wxnats macrumors 6502a

My SBSS is on UPS 109 en route to Anchorage from Narita. Anyone else?

13. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

I haven't tried any other bands but it's so comfortable and light.

14. techspin macrumors 6502a

Nice! I'm picking one up later. I wonder how it feels after being exposed to water.

15. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

I heard somewhere that people were worried due to it having velcro. But swimsuits are made out of velcro so I am unsure. Let me know how it goes!!

16. Doeboy7177 macrumors member

Doeboy7177

--- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    Getting my T-Mobile watch Monday

17. onethinline, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017

onethinline macrumors member

For what it's worth, I ordered my S3 cellular (an Hermes one) on Tuesday with a 3-4 week shipping estimate, and it just switched to shipped with an estimated arrival of this coming Tuesday, Sept 26. Based on the reports here (especially of the speed), I'm definitely looking forward to it.

18. Eilene macrumors regular

Eilene

I LOVE your post!!! It brings back memories when I was little (61 yr old female) and I loved Dick Tracy. I even had his watch among other things!! I feel like Dick Tracy too!! Enjoy your new watch!!!!

19. roncito macrumors 6502

roncito

My data stayed. All my workouts, heart rate everything.

20. LostMyMarbles macrumors member

LostMyMarbles

21. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

It’s okay. I wouldn’t buy the band separate from the Watch purchase. It feels light and flexible. I prefer the leather loop and the rubber sports band. I already had those. So I chose to get the sport loop on the LTE Sport Watch. Its not worth $49. More like a $10 purchase.

22. mgadoury macrumors 6502

mgadoury

I had 3-4 weeks shipment and ordered Sunday after pre-order opened and still nothing. Other people are getting charges and shipment notifications who ordered with those estimates

23. techspin macrumors 6502a

Ah thanks for the feedback. Maybe they'll let me compare at the store

24. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine at ~7am edt on 9/15 and I went PFS two nights ago and got my shipping confirmation yesterday. I would guess you’ll see movement tonight based on this. FYI, I got a 42mm LTE SBSS.

25. emoe76 macrumors member

My watch is awesome! I feel like Michael Knight from "Knight Rider" talking to KITT! michael-knight-rider-hoff.jpg