Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamMacPerson, Sep 15, 2017.

1. dolphin2421 macrumors regular

dolphin2421

Correct.

2. SoCalGadgetGuy macrumors regular

SoCalGadgetGuy

Sunny and Warm Southern California ("The O.C.")
    No, my GPS + Cellular 42mm Space Gray Aluminum with black Sport Band came in a long box.

3. roncito macrumors 6502

roncito

Thanks for the confirmation!

4. trauma62 macrumors 6502

trauma62

5. kuietstorm, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

kuietstorm macrumors regular

kuietstorm

I activated over the phone.

6. ldpm14 macrumors 6502

ldpm14

Wow this is a cluster trying to get AT&T to help me with this watch. I keep getting an error stating my device doesn't have HD voice enabled, but multiple agents insist that I do and that I need to add a line in order for it to work. AT&T really should train their agents on new products and proper procedures!

7. Christocentric macrumors regular

Christocentric

The cellular activation process went through first time really quick for me with ATT. I also discovered you can turn off cellular in control center on the watch too.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    Why aren’t the little dots showing up on the watch face? I’m assuming they are the cellular connection? Mine is activated, maybe it takes some time to show up?

Attached Files:

8. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

My AW3+LTE Space Grey 42mm w/Olive Sport Loop came in a square box, which is different for me. My Series 0 and Series 2 (both Space Grey aluminum) came in long boxes.

9. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I noticed that too. Hopefully it will show up soon.
    My wife and I have LTE Apple watches. No LTE dots. My wife watch setup was quick. I had to setup as new device. When i setup from back up. I wasn’t able to choose cellular connection. Now we both have the LTE connected through AT&T. But still no signal dots.

10. Christocentric macrumors regular

Christocentric

I read some articles and appearantly the dots only appear when the watch is actually using a cellular connection.

11. Dopestar macrumors regular

Dopestar

over the phone , it took about a minute to go through the process , very quick...
    anyone going out tonight and leaving their phone home ;-)

12. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

Just tested out the LTE. Works great. You get the The green signal dots when you are out of WiFi and Bluetooth range. I drove to the corner store without my iPhone (freedom)lol. Made a couple of calls. Speaker and call quality was great.

13. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

My activation with AT&T went off without a hitch. There was even a confirmation during the process of the free 3 months and $25 activation waiver. Nice!!

14. Dopestar macrumors regular

Dopestar

You just made realize that I will have to connect my bluetooth from apple watch to my Car's bluetooth. Since I will find myself leaving the phone at home more frequently now.

15. thehype31 macrumors regular

Well this sucks... flew home from California (live in upstate NY) to open my new watch today... and I have a dead/stuck green pixel right in the middle of the screen! Guess I’m off to the Apple Store on Monday... do they still ship watches off for replacement? Or would I be better off just returning/ buying a new one? (assuming they even have stock...)

16. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

Well I guess its time to go band crazy. Got a lot of band from my Series 0. My favorite is the leather loop. I might get a red band to match this dot on the crown. eBay and Amazon time.

17. kuietstorm, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

kuietstorm macrumors regular

kuietstorm

18. michelleeris macrumors newbie

On September 15, I ordered an Apple Watch on line. Delivery was set for October 13-20. Today, I went to a local Apple store and found that they had the same watch in stock, so I reserved one for pickup an hour later.

About a half hour later, Apple charged my credit card for the one I had ordered on line, and said it was being prepared for shipping, so I couldn’t cancel the order, but could return it after I received it. So I canceled the reservation at the store.

19. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I got a replacement watch through Apple care in 2 days shipping. When I broke my series 0 screen. With a defect like that. It should be replaced in store. If one is available for you that day.

20. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

Does anyone know? My car has Bluetooth calling if my phone was at home, would I be able to pair the watch with the car to accept calls over the car audio? It seems to me that it would really be counterproductive to drive with my left hand alternating between my face and mouth to take a call. Which leads me to my next question, is the speaker any less inadequate with series 3?

21. jaeb0922 macrumors 6502

jaeb0922

Good question. Id love to know also!

22. cowfish macrumors member

The sport watches will come in a cube if ordered with a band that won’t lay flat, such as the new Velcro bands.

23. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Well an update on my Apple Watch S3 GPS search. Originally wasn’t going to update from the S2 but when I saw the side by side comparison video showing app loading I knew I had to get the S3. I preordered from Target.. as I said this morning they moved a lot of dates to Oct 13. So I went ahead and cancelled. Figured I’d wing it and check my local Target and Walmart’s.. the closest Best Buy is about 30 minutes away and they had some S3’s but I never had time to get out there today so I didn’t even bother ordering. This evening I checked walmart’s Website again and it said my local Walmart had a limited stock of the 42mm S3 GPS. Hmm yeah i’ve seen that before but I had to get gas for my car anyway.. so here I went out at night to see about a watch.. stunned!!! They had 2 of each color S3 GPS. Snagged the space gray like I always do.. now i’m in the process before bed restoring from my S2. So I’m posting this to say.. keep checking your local walmart’s and target’s if you are looking for the GPS version, they are out there just took all day for their website to catch up.

24. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Why not just ask the wife to use her best lacquered nail polish ;) it’ll work and will not come off easily without nail polish remover.

And non-Apple users just don’t understand just how smooth and efficient technology should be cause well as Android users say “I like to tinker” lol.

Thanks for the updates and great pictures. I’m confused as one box was posted by someone else that was rectangular - like S2 (I have Nike+) - and other like yourself have shown square boxes. Which is which?