Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamMacPerson, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

The only LTE models it seems are in stock at my local Apple stores are the gold ones and the Space Black stainless steel 38mm. Most of the sport band GPS only models are in stock usually as well.

Might be a wait till we see more of the LTE models in stock. Sigh.

2. KrnThs macrumors newbie

Walk-in sale, even pre-order is getting too late :-(
    So far only non LTE watches are available in-store pick up all over the US.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

If you want one today and didn’t order and want LTE, your choices ar Hermès or marked up EBay type deals. Some would call Hermès marked up a lot. :)

You can go to Hermès and have one in your hand tomorrow.

4. chasers macrumors member

chasers

of course they will have the GPS aluminum in stock ugh. Apple should be shot for not having an equal amount of LTE watches ready for preorder and sale. every single release it’s the same BULL! take our money and wait weeks for our product. yet we fall for it every time :(

Attached Files:

5. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

You sure about that? I thought those were showing 4-5 weeks out as well?

6. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Last night I had several tabs open on my Mac and continued to randomly refresh various stores, when our local BestBuy received some in. Keep checking as they are starting to arrive slowly at the other big box stores. I wish you all the best of luck.

I set mine up last night flawlessly and it's been great today. I went on a run, made a phone call while doing so, listened to music; it is great! Just FYI.

7. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

Best Buy put some in store stock before fulfilling pre-orders? Good news for you, but that's not great business on their end..

8. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Could have been from a pre-order that didn't accept as they got it from elsewhere, no idea, but I will take it. There were only a couple and they were gone quickly. By the time I checked out inventory was gone. I thought it was a fluke at first.

9. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

I have one on order from BB as well as Apple directly, perhaps it wouldn't be a terrible idea to check local stock online occasionally just in case..

10. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

That's what I was doing, checking local stock. I had several tabs open last night from different big box stores while watching TV and just refreshed tabs from time to time. Did a double take when I saw the stainless hit and snatched it up.

11. predation macrumors 6502a

Good for ordering through apple. For us through the carriers, who knows

12. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

I will see your pathetic and raise you one clinically insane - if I wake up in the middle of the night, I will tiptoe out to the computer to see if there has been any movement on any of the watches I ordered. Yep, I've got a problem.

13. hdinla macrumors newbie

keep persevering!! I've had a SSSB AW3 LTE on order with apple.com, due for delivery 23 Oct-30 Oct, but have been on every website looking for pick up opportunities. I lost out on a few opportunities, but can confirm that target.com had a very small supply pop up on their website, in which i was able to jump on the opportunity. Its to be shipped 3-Oct and delivered 6-Oct. crossing my fingers that the delivery date doesnt slip.

Also, I do note that the SSSB AW3 LTE w/ Milanese Loop seems to be available at my local best buy (almost pulled the trigger on that but couldnt reason with the price)

Good Luck on your search!

14. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'll let you know when I get home from work. Unfortunately couldn't find a way to leave early, lol.

15. PDACPA macrumors regular

PDACPA

Oh well that is great news! Maybe mine is in the next group as my deliver date is the week after yours.

16. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

When did you place your order?

17. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

Canceled my Apple and Best Buy pre-orders... Local Best Buy Mobile.

[​IMG]

18. hface119 macrumors newbie

Right, I was referring to a poster that said the carriers were shipping faster and that Apple should be fulfilling their own orders first (even though that’s not really how it works..)

I bet you see movement between now and Monday. Once it ships, it’ll be in your hands in 2 Days flat!

6:15AM EST On 9/15. Overslept for the preorder and was so pissed! I had the 42mm SS with White Sport Band.

Now that I have mine - some feedback: sets up lightning quick. I’m coming from an S0 SS and it is night and day in terms of performance. I’m giving my S0 to my best friend and I almost feel bad because it feels so terrible compared to the S3, but you don’t know what you don’t have I suppose. If I hadn’t experienced the new one, I probably could go another year with my S0. I mainly used it for notifications, workouts, Siri, Apple Pay and controlling my music remotely - no real app usage. With how quick the new one is, I can see how I will start using apps.

Apple cheaped out on packaging, and I’ve never said that before. The SS doesn’t come in a plastic box like it used to and has been reported, and the charging cable is only 1 meter! My S0 came with a 3m charging cable. The new one is way too short.

19. chasers macrumors member

chasers

if i wasn’t so dead set on the SS i would think about the aluminum. looks good.

20. hface119 macrumors newbie

Oh - here’s a terrible on the wrist photo as well :D

Attached Files:

21. TechEagle macrumors newbie

Ordered mine 9/21 from Verizon with an expected ship date of 10/11. Just had my credit card charged which usually means it should be shipping out soon!

22. obma ha macrumors newbie

obma ha

I ordered my space grey AW3 42mm LTE from Apple on the 19th. Shipping was set for Oct 16-23rd. Just checked target and shipping for same watch on the 6th. Canceled my Apple order. Extremely disappointed in apple. You would think they would fulfill their own orders first.

23. mario-64 macrumors regular

Shockingly I just got an order in at Target. Woot!!! 42mm space black stainless. Not canceling any other orders until I get a shipping notice though

24. hface119 macrumors newbie

No, that’s not how order fulfillment works. Stock is diversified across all sales channels - not unique to Apple.

25. hdinla macrumors newbie

Dude I’m in the same boat! I’m not cancelling until I see shipped. When are you expecting yours?