Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvino

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
with LTE connection and GPS, does this mean "find my Apple Watch" will be a thing? I have been holding off on buying an Apple Watch until I can use it as a kid tracker for when I take my kid to places with lots of people.

Reactions: ErikGrim

Larry The L

Suspended
Jun 9, 2016
The biggest question is: can it get any bigger or uglier on the wrist?

It's the same size it always was. And for you, it will alway be just as ugly, so why are you even in this thread other than for gratuitous complaining . I do know why. For me, I'm getting the ceramic version to replace my version 2. And I love the red dot. And I intend to use the cellular aspects of the watch. The apple watch is killer and I couldn't be happier with any other watch.

Reactions: artfossil

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought this was HUGE (though we all knew it was coming LOL). Those of us with Plus phones and working in a corporate environment are going to LOVE this thing. Leave your phone in the bag, desk, etc. sill have connectivity, can take calls, get updates, etc. without worrying about Wifi or having your phone in your pocket. Those of us who like to workout and listen to more music than you can store on your watch and/or get other updates are going to love being able to leave the phone in the glove box in the car or locker and just taking all their stuff with them on their wrist.

To me, what Apple essentially did with Series 3 LTE is allow us to take a mini version of our phone with us on our wrists. The first time you're out running errands with just your watch and AirPods or Beats you're going to swoon. I know I am. Plus for us married folk with that wife who always leaves her phone behind, if she has a Watch, you can still reach her to remind her to bring the dip with the chips or something while she's out running errands.

There's so many use cases for why this is amazing. They basically untethered the Watch from the iPhone which if I remember correctly was one of the NUMBER ONE complaints when Series 0 came out. The only link is a phone number for the most part. I'll gladly pay T-Mobile the $10 device line fee for my Watch that I already pay for my LTE iPad.

I've been waiting for a good reason to upgrade from my Series 0, Series 3 is that reason. Oh and if the red dot drives me crazy, i'll just paint it.

a.gomez

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2008
It's the same size it always was. And for you, it will alway be just as ugly, so why are you even in this thread other than for gratuitous complaining . I do know why. For me, I'm getting the ceramic version to replace my version 2. And I love the red dot. And I intend to use the cellular aspects of the watch. The apple watch is killer and I couldn't be happier with any other watch.

Because I was here before Apple was making silly made in Taiwan gadget watches - and not th only thing they make. It has always been Ugly - I never said it wasn't. Not sure what makes you think everyone here needs to agree with every random thing Apple makes.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
with LTE connection and GPS, does this mean "find my Apple Watch" will be a thing? I have been holding off on buying an Apple Watch until I can use it as a kid tracker for when I take my kid to places with lots of people.
I believe Find my Friends will now switch to the watch if you leave your phone behind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.