Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bertucci

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Apple Watches don’t tend to become classics you hand down in your family tho.
Lol that’s nonsense,technology is changing my friend now it’s the tech times .No body is using those expensive useless watches anymore .Future is coming you like it or not

Last edited:

Diane B

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Western NC foothills
And on older devices, works on my current S2....

And S3 of course. My husband’s S1 can’t be updated—I would have used with him occasionally—but he doesn’t want a new series yet so I turned Walkie Talkie off. I would like the thinner larger screen but not enough to buy the S4–I updated from original to S3 (cellular which I do use) and am still happy.

NortonCommando

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
LOL how funny to read people complaining about the price :) how about you pay 9-10k for a useless Rolex,Breitling etc to look at the time only ? If you compare to those prices and functuality I think Apple Watch is super cheap .You can do more with it.
What are you going to do with the Rolex besides looking st the time only ? :))

In ten years a Rolex will be worth more than you paid for it. The Apple Watch will be in the landfill.

Reactions: Lone Deranger

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
@Prof.

He is the one who started the Bendgate controversy by bending his iPhone 6 Plus on a video...according to the a Google search I just did. I had forgotten it was him.

He’s now banned by Apple from promotion events and pre release review units.

MacBebe

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2017
Sacto, Ca
In ten years a Rolex will be worth more than you paid for it. The Apple Watch will be in the landfill.

Landfill did you say? Not me. I passed it down to member of the family. If for some reason it will become unused, I'll just put it in the original box and just keep it. Heck, I still even have the original iPhone. :D

Bertucci

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Alright buddy you go pay 10k for a Rolex and wait for 10 years to make money from it :) I’m going to upgrade my Apple Watch every year with a new model lol
I have Bell & Ross ,Breitling for Bentley etc don’t get me wrong those are great watches to but it won’t do much lol you can only looking at the time and date that’s all .I can do
More with my Apple Watch

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Landfill did you say? Not me. I passed it down to member of the family. If for some reason it will become unused, I'll just put it in the original box and just keep it. Heck, I still even have the original iPhone. :D

I picked up a working 16GB iPhone 3G in superb condition for £5 at a car boot this weekend :)

NortonCommando

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Alright buddy you go pay 10k for a Rolex and wait for 10 years to make money from it :) I’m going to upgrade my Apple Watch every year with a new model lol
I have Bell & Ross ,Breitling for Bentley etc don’t get me wrong those are great watches to but it won’t do much lol you can only looking at the time and date that’s all .I can do
More with my Apple Watch

Already have my Rolex watches (that's why your comment struck a chord) and plan to get an Apple Watch 4 next year. Just proving a point that one is an investment and one is a toy.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

It'll only be worth what you paid for it if someone is willing to pay you what you paid for it.

And, that ain't always so.
[doublepost=1537458421][/doublepost]
He's annoying and a douchebag. :D

On a side note, wasn't he involved in a Scandal or something not that long ago?

Yep. He was.

Reactions: 5105973

NortonCommando

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
In 10 years that Rolex will only tell you time and date. The Apple Watch will do 100 more things and can save your life.

The Rolex will still work. Who's going to be wearing a Series 1 years from now? Heck, even a Series 4. You'll dump it for the Series 10.

Bertucci

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Already have my Rolex watches (that's why your comment struck a chord) and plan to get an Apple Watch 4 next year. Just proving a point that one is an investment and one is a toy.
Bro i respect your point but i don’t agree to spend that much money then wait for 10 years to make money lol I can make that 10k in 10 years maybe 100k if i do smart investment .Apple watch it’s not a toy for sure it’s a game changer technology

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
@Prof.

He is the one who started the Bendgate controversy by bending his iPhone 6 Plus on a video...according to the a Google search I just did. I had forgotten it was him.

He’s now banned by Apple from promotion events and pre release review units.
Ahh yes, that's it. His thumbs were turning so red and purple from trying so hard to bend the iPhone 6 Plus.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I am old enough to have accumulated a lot of old fashioned watches all the way to a circa 1940’s Hamilton. I enjoy taking them out and admiring them from time to time but I don’t find them particularly compelling to wear anymore. And maintenance for the ones that need batteries or to be regularly moved or exposed to light to operate is kind of a bother. I have a daughter who likes old school vintage and wears some of them. I prefer a wrist computer that tells me the weather and even what town I’m in at a glance.

And the ability to change bands to match occasions and outfits is the kind of fun I had with Swatch watches in the 80’s and early 90’s.

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
Lots of jealous people on here lately. I don’t watch many YouTube videos. But this is their job and some jobs come with perks.

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
I assume you don't realize she has over 5 million subscribers...which is a much bigger audience than a lot of old school tech media. Of course she gets review units. The rest of us don't have a massive youtube audience!
You're missing the point. Should not get until everyone can get. Paying customers should be priority.
I get that it's cheap advertising. But, still...

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
LOL how funny to read people complaining about the price :) how about you pay 9-10k for a useless Rolex,Breitling etc to look at the time only ? If you compare to those prices and functuality I think Apple Watch is super cheap .You can do more with it.
What are you going to do with the Rolex besides looking st the time only ? :))

AW-Rolex comparisons are stupid. An AW is a product of a kind, with certain functionalities and goals that are specific. And so is a Rolex. They are two different products with two things in common: they stay on your wrist, and they tell you the time. Anything else is different.
[doublepost=1537459116][/doublepost]
Apple Watches don’t tend to become classics you hand down in your family tho.

It’s not their purpose, not the desire of any AW owner. You don’t buy an AW to hand it down to your family. You buy an AW to use the heck of it, every day, in any situation, for two/four years.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.