Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Watch Series 6 Begins Arriving to Customers Around the World

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today is Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple Watch SE launch day in the United States and over 25 other countries and regions around the world, and customers are now beginning to receive delivery of the latest models.

Customers have started sharing photos of their new Apple Watch Series 6 on Twitter and in the official pre-order thread in the MacRumors forums.

Key new features of the Apple Watch Series 6 include blood oxygen measuring, up to 20 percent faster performance than the Series 5, a 2.5-times brighter always-on display outdoors in a wrist-down position, a next-generation always-on altimeter, and new casing options like blue aluminum and graphite stainless steel. Pricing starts at $399.

Photo: Thomas

Priced from $279, the lower-cost Apple Watch SE looks and feels like the Series 6, but has some features missing, including an always-on display, blood oxygen measuring, and the ECG app for detecting atrial fibrillation. Apple Watch SE is also powered by the previous-generation S5 chip used in last year's Series 5.

Apple Watch SE shares a handful of features with the Series 6, including fall detection, a compass, an always-on altimeter, Emergency SOS with international emergency calling, high and low heart rate notifications, irregular heart rhythm notifications, water resistance up to 50 meters, the Noise app, and compatibility with the watchOS 7 update released this week.

Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch SE, and new Apple Watch bands will be available at select Apple Stores starting today, according to Apple. We recommend contacting your local Apple Store before visiting to ensure availability of specific models or bands, as well as to review health and safety precautions in place.

Apple's press release indicated that the Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop in (PRODUCT)RED will be available in late October.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 6 Begins Arriving to Customers Around the World

Reactions: mguzzi

enigmatut

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
MA
Anyone with an "Edition" (Titanium) on order get a status update yet?
I'm still at "Processing" and "Arrives Oct 14 - Oct 21".

Reactions: Theyayarealivin
Comment

Theyayarealivin

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 18, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
They’re not available for pick up in stores at US right???
[automerge]1600436975[/automerge]
Anyone with an "Edition" (Titanium) on order get a status update yet?
I'm still at "Processing" and "Arrives Oct 14 - Oct 21".
I’m still at processing :/

Attachments

• 1F0D616B-37B0-48D2-BB76-7A314981EEA0.jpeg
    1F0D616B-37B0-48D2-BB76-7A314981EEA0.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 81
Comment

bookcase

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I would absolutely spring for either the red or blue watch, but I'm content with my Series 5. Based on my purchase history, I went from Series 1 to 5, so the 5 will last me several years. But I did trade-in my iPad mini 4 for the 8th gen iPad, which is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday, so this week's announcements weren't a complete wash for me. I haven't owned a large iPad since the first release, so I'm really looking forward to it -- and the price was inexpensive by Apple standards.

Comment

jpsalazar

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
The Apple Watch has become an essential piece of technology for me during the pandemic - didn't expect to be saying this so soon.

Reactions: Theyayarealivin
Comment

tzm41

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2014
Boston
I think not every configuration got stocked up in local warehouses beforehand in every location. Inevitably some configurations will have to ship from China and take a week to get to us...

Comment

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
As a UGA fan I really like the idea of the red watch with the black band, but I'm just not sure I can jump on board with a red watch all the time. Looks really nice though.

Reactions: lkalliance
Comment

jkev57

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2015
While, inexplicably, many of us still are stuck in “Preparing”, even though ordered first thing on Tuesday morning.
I also purchased mine on Tuesday morning and unfortunately the page locked up on me after I was ready to check out and I had to start the entire process over again. So, instead of receiving my watch today, mine is scheduled for delivery sometime between Monday and Wednesday. No big deal. I don't know if Apple changes the order status from "preparing" until it's ready to ship out. I may be wrong, but I'm expecting an email over the next day or two telling me that my watch is on its way.

Comment

dmylrea

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2005
I ordered mine within minutes of them being released. Not sure why I couldn't get it today...?
I pre-ordered at BestBuy and it shipped yesterday. Except via FEDEX it won't be here until WED 9/23. Thanks BB.

BUT, the local BB now shows them in stock in the store, so guess what? Will pick one up today and return the one they sent GROUND SERVICE.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.