Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Coinciding with the new Apple Watch Series 7 debut, Apple has unveiled some new watch faces that will be exclusive to the new model.

Apple_watch-series7_lineup-01_09142021.jpg

Amongst the new faces are Modular Max, Contour Face, and Nike Bounce, the latter of which is exclusive to the Series 7 Nike edition.

E_QzclIUcAQgCCC.jpeg

The Modular Max displays the digital time alongside a single complication, and includes longer complications that display across the screen below, which can show information like the day of the week, outside temperature, heart rate, activity, or quick access to an app.

E_QzbKQVQAMzkIc.jpeg

The Continuum watch face shows the flow of time around the edges and the current hour, while the World Time lets users see all 24 time zones simultaneously, thanks to an external dial that shows the time zones and an inner dial that shows the time in each location.

Apple_watch-series7_nike-02_09142021_carousel.jpg.large_.jpg

The new Nike Bounce watch face dynamically animates with a tap of the screen, a scroll of the Digital Crown, or a move of the wrist. Apple says it pairs well with the refreshed Nike Sport Loop, which features the Nike Swoosh and logo text incorporated into the weave of the band. Meanwhile, the Hermes version has numbers that change hour by hour.

E_QzlNpXsAAg_EF.jpeg

With watchOS 8, Apple is also bringing a new World Timer watch face to Apple Watch Series 4 models and later.

‌Apple says that the price of the Apple Watch Series 7‌ starts at $399 and the new model will be available later this fall. For more on the Series 7 model, check out Apple's original announcement.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 7 Features Exclusive Watch Faces Including Modular Max and Continuum

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ohio.emt

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
for what purpose exactly?
For future proofing. I’m sure it will run everything today just fine with power to spare but what about a few years down the line? The speed directly impacts how many updates it will get until it’s unusable slow.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Nice to see the screen has better protection from dust. Was that on all models?
My series 4 got scratched up pretty well when I was in Jordan a few years ago. Was during winter and had a coat on with elastic cuffs, must have been like sandpaper.

• Wow
Reactions: macsplusmacs

Metrosey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2019
for what purpose exactly?
Same reasons as why if the iPhone 13 Pro came with the same chip as the iPhone 12 Pro, we want constant performance upgrades. There’d be many complaints if the iPhone 13 Pro used the A14, if Apple upgrades the iPhone, they should be upgrading the Apple Watch

Reactions: szw-mapple fan

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Same reasons as why if the iPhone 13 Pro came with the same chip as the iPhone 12 Pro, we want constant performance upgrades. There’d be many complaints if the iPhone 13 Pro used the A14, if Apple upgrades the iPhone, they should be upgrading the Apple Watch

I mean I still don’t see a use case, my 4 feels plenty fast for everything I use it for. I’m only upgrading because the battery is getting a bit poor and the face is scuffed up.

Reactions: johnmarki

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I mean I still don’t see a use case, my 4 feels plenty fast for everything I use it for. I’m only upgrading because the battery is getting a bit poor and the face is scuffed up.

The Series 6 chip provides a significant boost to Siri responsiveness and AirPod pairing times. I’ve gone back to my Series 4 after selling my Series 6 and a faster processor helps more than you’d think. It‘s a lot more than just App opening times.

Reactions: ivantheipodder

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
Really disappointing …

But. But. It's the most! Brightest! Fastest! EVAR.

The changes are incremental now. I can remember when computers and technology were FUN. The things they were doing were cutting edge, had potential, and you got the feel you were doing something with it not everyone was doing, but someday would and it was cool.

Now I feel like I just heard the latest toaster oven from Oaster makes the most, brightest, fastest toast.

It even air fry's pizza, I guess.

Phones and smart watches are becoming commoditized like refrigerators or washing machines. It's kinda sad, IMHO.

I'll certainly be holding on to my Series 4 watch for at least another year. The phone? If the wife coaxes me to do something for myself? Maybe. But we all know where THAT goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.