Apple Watch User Guide Now Available

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has published the official Apple Watch User Guide on its website, providing detailed information about the wrist-worn device broken down into categories such as Basics, Watch Faces, Notifications, Glances, Timekeeping, Messages, Digital Touch, Mail, Phone Calls, Calendars and Reminders, Health and Fitness, Apple Pay and Passbook, Maps and Directions, Music, Photos, Accessibility and more.

The user guide provides a wealth of information about the Apple Watch in one place for easy access, and should serve as a valuable resource for customers that pre-ordered the Apple Watch for delivery starting April 24. The user guide provides step-by-step information and visuals on a wide variety of topics from setting up your Apple Watch and pairing with an iPhone to using apps and tracking your daily activity.

There are also instructions on how to remove, change and fasten Apple Watch bands for the Classic Buckle, Leather Loop, Link Bracelet, Milanese Loop, Modern Buckle and Sport Band. Apple advises that leather bands be cleaned with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth that is lightly dampened with fresh water and then air dried, while other bands can be dried using a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth.

Article Link: Apple Watch User Guide Now Available

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
gotta admit -- I was (and still am to an extent) skeptical... but after watching the tutorial videos from yesterday, the :apple:watch is looking more and more appealing!

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
I'm starting to actually miss the iphone rumors. You guys wayyyy over did it with the watch thing.

RDeckard

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Please let me do most of you a favor and pre-populate the comment section with the same tripe from all the whiners & haters these past few days:

• This guide is useless without the watch!!!
  • The next thing Apple will do is ask me to watch some educational videos!!!
  • Where is my watch?
  • I know Apple said mine won't ship until mid-May but I want it NOW!!! (stomps feet)
  • But but but but... my friend will get his watch before I will and I don't know what to do with my life now!
  • Apple scumbags!
  • Apple sucks!
  • Fire Angela!
  • Fire Tim!
  • Fire Steve!
  • I can't see because my panties are pulled up around my head at this point!!!
  • Where is my watch??? (stomps feet. again.)
  • Waaahhh!!!
You're welcome.

Last edited:

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
Yet another resource to immerse myself in until the watch arrives.
We'll be using them like pros right out of the box! ;)

AirunJae

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
:apple: has torture down to a science...

1. Hype the hell out of a device
2. Have an online order only starting at 3 A.M. EST
3. Give a vague 2 week window (or longer) for delivery
4. Make sure a number of celebrities get their devices first and are seen in public
5. Send out an email the day before launch saying "hey, it's gonna get to you sometime within that vague 2 week window, make sure you have the right iPhone and it's software is updated" so the customer gets SUPER excited thinking it's on it's way and then totally crushed.
6. Then :apple:Watch 'em squirm!

jagolden

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2002
This is great but I wish they had:
1) made it a downloadable PDF
2) made a PDF "Quick Start" guide.

Can't wait to get into this tonight so I'm ready for the 24th!

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
This is nice. One tip I have found (at least for me) is when I need the device to be quite for a while (meeting) instead of Do Not Disturb just press and hold the side button and put it in Power Reserve. Seems like less steps and gives you additional power for later in the day. "Your typical two birds, one stone scenario"

RDeckard

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Can't wait until 11:00-11:30 tomorrow the 24th. UPS man is my best friend. :)
Wonder how much Charge is on it when it arrives?
I'd guess between 50-60% of charge -- which is basically the recommended "storage" charge level for all lithium ion/lithium polymer batteries.

The lithium batteries degrade faster when they're stored full or empty for long periods of time. Roughly 50% is where the batteries do the least amount of damage to themselves when they're not being used.

I know this because I have multi-rotor aircraft (not "drones"!) that have lithium polymer battery packs (lipos) that cost over $1000 each, and trust me, I do whatever I can to maximize their usable lives! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.