Apple Watch vs Rolex

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by r0k, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

The fact of the matter is that you don't have a point.
    You confront two views on the same matter, both belonging to you.
    Talk about missing the boat.

2. Thai Suspended

Thai

I will end our little debate with my post above. Thanks for the chat.

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

May I end this "debate" with the following:

Le Contrôle officiel suisse des chronomètres (COSC):

"Le titre chronomètre peut être comparé au diplôme d'une haute école. A un moment de sa vie, le candidat a prouvé, sur la base d'un examen, qu'il répondait aux critères de performances l'autorisant à porter un titre. Comme pour une personne diplômée, ce titre lui est acquis pour la vie, même si ses performances risquent de s'altérer un peu avec le temps."

4. Relentless Power, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

All your points were valid and clearly specified through this whole discussion. I agree you made sense of this argument. There is sheer ignorance and blatant refuting clearly exhibited in here.

5. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Doesn't take like nine months to make a Rolex still ?

6. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Yes, it takes about a year to produce a Rolex.

7. Thai Suspended

Thai

8. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Just have both. They can be friends. AW S2 is my fitness tracker. Cycling, running, walking etc. Rolex gets daily wear. Pardon the dust on the Rolex took it out for pics. :)

I know which i prefer by a mile but both have uses. I never use the AW for notifications.

IMG_0211.JPG

9. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

Here you are. Jony Ive could not design something so beautiful, something so functional as this machine. The Olivetti Lettera 32. Superior to any computer Apple has ever made. I don't need to charge it five times a day like a MacBook. It has an always-on display, no bugs or glitches, and has never ever nor ever will crashed. No need for silly OS updates. I can see the entire page when I type. And best of all, this typewriter won't be obsolete in a year unlike a MacBook.

Attached Files:

10. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah, hit to buttons at the exact same time... LOL

11. BillyBurke macrumors newbie

Uhhh...How does that mechanical timepiece, whose only function is to tell time, become obsolete? I like the Desert Island analogy. After several months of isolation, I'll still be able to tell time with my Rolex. Not so with the AW.

12. richard371 macrumors 68020

I think of mechanical watches now like classic cars. They last lifetimes, built great, can go up in value, are not disposable, can be passed down. There is just something emotional about them and mechanical watches like many classic cars. The AW is really becoming so useful its hard not to wear it just like how useful our smart phones have become now. Of coarse we don't need any of this tech at all and its nice to be unplugged once in awhile but the realty is it make our lives easier for the most part. Apple will continue to add more features/health to the AW. I don't think they will make mechanicals obsolete but more and more people will wear the AW over the mechanicals. I put my Daytona in the safe and need to wear my AW everyday this month. I am doing dry January and need the Heart metrics every day and all day to compare to last month when there were so many company/holiday parties and lots of drinking. I use Heartwatch and I can really see the differences and I'm only 9 days into it. Today I pulled out a long sleeve and am wearing both because I have not worn the Daytona in awhile. I would never wear both with a short sleeve as I think its Doucheee. First world problems I know but id love to see where we are in 5 years from now with AW vs mechanical.