APPLECARE+ can be added thru Nov 14

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brazil5376, Oct 12, 2011.

1. brazil5376 macrumors member

If you haven't gotten it yet they are allowing you to purchase it till Nov 14 for those who preordered and didn't purchase yet.

2. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

This may be the first reminder that I set with Siri. :)

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Thanks! I've been wondering how I was going to be able to purchase this.

4. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Sweet! Thanks for posting this, saved me an hour and a half drive just to purchase a warranty.

5. cruisencode macrumors member

Now I just need to find out if I can get my employer's EPP discount on this. It shows as $87 on the web site, but you can't put it in your cart.

6. mistertmac macrumors member

7. brazil5376 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the assist.

Note: AppleCare+ will be available through November 14, 2011, to customers who pre-ordered iPhone 4 (8GB) and iPhone 4S. After you receive your new iPhone, contact us at 1-800-275-2273 to purchase AppleCare+.

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Nice, time to think about dropping the outrageously expensive Asurion insurance - if only it covered a lost or stolen phone (my wife dropped one phone over the side of a boat into the ocean and lost another one).

9. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

11. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Someone has to tell me why Applecare+ is worth it. It costs $99. You damage your phone and have to pay $49 to replace it.

Without Applecare+, a new phone to replace your damaged one is $199. Plus you get the one year basic warranty.

Someone please give me a reason to buy it. Am I missing something?

12. radicalDESIGNZ macrumors member

thanks! i was looking forward to this; now i dont have to worry abt going to Apple :D

13. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

glad for this. i wasn't offered the option to buy it at point of purchase.

14. 00trayn macrumors member

That is fantastic news! Thanks for posting! I was gearing myself up for having to brave the launch day crowds and go into the Apple store on Friday with an unopened phone to buy it (one of the rumors on how to get it that was circulating). Calling up this weekend is much easier!

15. sddabrow macrumors 6502

16. mistertmac macrumors member

Well, it extends your warranty out another year (for a total of 2 years).
    But it also covers two instances of accidental damage (subject to the $49 charge) and cover battery, headphones, charger, and express replacement service and tech support (hardware/software).

The regular limited warranty does not cover accidental damage at all. Does not cover consumables (battery,cosmetic damage, defects caused by normal wear and tear)

You do the math.. its peace of mind until the next upgrade... but its your choice!

17. NoHo macrumors 6502

AWESOME. AT&T didn't give us the option of adding it during preorder. Now we have an extra month to add it. I will add it in November for sure. Have to catch my bank account up!

18. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

thank god they finally stopped being dumb and informed us of something

19. ProMed12 macrumors member

Is there be any compelling reason to order this if I'm also paying for TEC with VZW?

20. 00trayn macrumors member

AGREED! The back and forth with confused Verizon and Apple customer service reps was getting exhausting. No one seemed to have a straight answer! I like this solution much better than going to an Apple store with an unopened phone...

21. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Huzzah!!! You made my day!!! :D

I can dump the Verizon insurance that's $12 monthly and $100 to replace it. :p

22. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Nice thank you so much for the info ,

Goes back to his phone
    " Now siri reminder please make sure to buy apple care by Nov 1st " wait I do not have siri :( where is.my iphone 4s sprint???:( back to reality... HTC EVO 3d still hoping to last till Friday......

Man is like waiting.to.open my Xmas present ha ha , worst thing would be people complaing after getting their iPhone LOL can't wait

23. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

24. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

what are you talking about?? If you drop your phone in the toilet and don't have Applecare+ your SOL and you will have to pay the UNSUBSIDIZED ($600-$800) price to get a replacement phone.

Applecare+ is a two year extended warranty.