AppleCare+ ... Do you get a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 81Tiger04, Sep 22, 2017.

1. 81Tiger04 macrumors 6502

So, it looks like I'm going to get my iPhone 8 Plus through the IUP. I've had iPhones all the way back to the 3G but never gotten AppleCare+ ... until now. So my question is this: For those of you that get AppleCare+, do you also get a case and/or screen cover for your iPhone? Or do you take the risk and let AppleCare+ cover any damage(s)?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

AppleCare doesn't cover cosmetic damage. Of course I use a case. I always sell my phone for the maximum.

3. 81Tiger04 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's my line of thinking as well - maximize the trade-in value. Do you go with a screen protector as well?

I ask because I'm looking at this LifeProof case. I've had good luck with LifeProof in the past but this new design doesn't come with a screen protector.

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I've never gotten it on my iPhones since the original (did they offer it then?). i'll be getting AC+ for the X and go caseless for the first time.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

My only concern is breaking a screen, and it’s cheaper to replace than buying AC+. I rock the phone naked and wing it.

6. 81Tiger04 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, the screen itself is cheaper AppleCare+ is $150 and includes coverage on other things as well.

7. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

8. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

I've had a case on every iPhone. Screen protector also. I've been pretty good at keeping my phones looking almost mint condition. I've dropped the 6 Plus only twice in 3 years and if i didnt have a case on it, the way it hit the concrete..top left corner, no question it would have shattered the front or internal damage. I dont think Im being overprotective, if Im shelling out big bucks for these phones, I'm gonna keep this thing looking flawless as possible.

9. 81Tiger04 thread starter macrumors 6502

For my 6, I have a case and screen protector on it. I take really good care of my iPhones but ...

I went to put it on the night stand one night, missed, and bam. It fell about 3 feet, which is nothing. But it hit the floor in the wrong spot I guess, cracked the screen, and took out a little chunk of glass. It was a freak accident but it sucks having a cracked screen.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

$200 for the X. Plus most people do not have total replacements for their phone.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    Internal damage is not going to happen unless you crush your phone.

11. Harthag macrumors 6502a

I always have gotten a case and screen protector. With my 8+ I plan on going case only. All of the screen protectors really, really, really suck, in my opinion. None completely cover the display area leaving a halo effect / rainbow line around the entire side edges of the screen. It has become incredibly distracting to me and I hate it. I always have a dedicated pants pocket for my phone so I *should* be OK re: micro scratches. After 1 year of use my screen protector on my 7 does not have any micro scratches so I think I'll be fine.

12. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

No matter what, I have Apple Care, and a Case.
    Like someone else stated, I'm often looking for maximum sale volume in 12-14 months...

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I just popped my 7 Plus case onto my 8 Plus and I'm good to go.