Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airkarol

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2005
Multimedia said:
That's great airkarol. But would you mind revising your post to include the links to those movies or do you not know how to do that? (not trying to be rude). I mean WHAT Movies with you on the Apple Site? I don't know of any movies on the Apple Site. Where the heck are they airkarol? :(

OK Maybe you mean the cover timelapse movies? I just found out they now let you click on an hour to watch ONE HOUR each of those 3MB 720x400 HDV movies. Very cool. All can be saved with QTPro so I am building a collection of the whole set. we're up to 2200 - 10pm here. Started at 5pm. 6 hours in the can so far. Wonder how long Apple will leave this cover up?

Sorry, I meant the timelapse movies. There is a link on apple's homepage. I'm in the 18:00 one :D.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
It's 1:50 a.m. and I just got back fom the grand opening. I got to see Mr. Jobs, Spike Lee, and Dave Chappelle. My 10 year old son's jaw dropped when I told him Dave was at he store, and was in shocked when he got to shake Dave Chappelle's hand. My son gave him a ghetto handshake and Dave turns to him and says "you better stop watching those movies". What a night! The crowd, the energy, well worth the 2 hours we spent on line.

yac_moda

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2002
cing2x said:
#1 - How is it relevant that he's "oriental"?

#2 - And please, it's Asian or Asian American.

Thank you.

I KNEW somebody would get WHINEY about that, THAT IS WHY I DECIDED TO INCLUDE IT :p ;)

Asian ? He didn't look the Least bit INDIAN, NEPALESE, MONGOLIAN, RUSSIAN, ESKIMO, PHILIPPINO, MAORI, POLYNESIAN, Koryaks, Chukchi, Itelmens, Evens, Macaca fuscata yakui, AND ALL THOSE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT but it flashes so fast its hard to tell -- YOU REALLY DO HAVE A NARROW VIEW OF A GREAT BIG WORLD, DON'T YOU :eek:

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
dan-o-mac said:
It's 1:50 a.m. and I just got back fom the grand opening. I got to see Mr. Jobs, Spike Lee, and Dave Chappelle. My 10 year old son's jaw dropped when I told him Dave was at he store, and was in shocked when he got to shake Dave Chappelle's hand. My son gave him a ghetto handshake and Dave turns to him and says "you better stop watching those movies". What a night! The crowd, the energy, well worth the 2 hours we spent on line.
Wow, you are one cool dad taking your son out at almost 2 am to cool stuff. Hope your son knows!

yac_moda

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2002
swingerofbirch said:
I found your post so exciting I just spilled my chocolate milk all over my brand new Asian American rug. Dag nab!

Thank you, I don't think they make those in them Americas :confused:

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
SuperSnake Next To Yellow Kid - Which One?

SuperSnake2012 said:
Whoa, if you watch the 17:00 time lapse you can see me standing next to a kid in a bright yellow jacket. :D

I'm famous! :)
OK so what are you wearing? I see the kid but have no idea which one you are among the many standing next to him.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
ChipperVW said:
He looks thin.
Yes very true...I was there...he looks like he lost weight. The opeining was amazing and I was 93 in line. I got some sweet video and some close up shots of STEVE. I even go pictures with celebrities like Kevin Bacon! What an awesome time.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I wonder how many people approached and talked to Kevin Bacon for the sole purpose of saying they have 1 degree of separation... :cool:

Edit: Or is that 0 degrees?

truz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
iNeedtoSwitch said:
*Buys stock in SC Johnson*

I couldn't even imagine, even trying to get it streak-free. I'll wait for the job listing on Apple's site.

They make window cleaner that does not leave hand prints of any kind for 15 days... It's a bit costly, but I use it around the house ;) Stuff is green in a bottle, runs about $40 I think but you mix it yourself with water and it lasts for a while..

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
dan-o-mac said:
HAHA I WAS RIGHT BEHIND YOUR SONE WHEN HE SAID THAT....right near the black macbook table righ??? Swweeeeeeeeeet

yac_moda

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2002
SuperSnake2012 said:
Whoa, if you watch the 17:00 time lapse you can see me standing next to a kid in a bright yellow jacket. :D

I'm famous! :)

OH the guy with the GREEN AND WHITE baseball cap, blue shirt, grey pants, looking ALL OVER THE PLACE !?!?!?

Uuuu, there is a CUTE girrrl picken her SHNOOZ :eek:

WoO¿OoW !!! Now they timelapsed hourly MADNESS !!!!!!!!

( YELLING ) ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PICTURE OF HOUR 17:00 YOU CAN SEE A BALL DROP DOWN it looks like the old multicolored Apple logo !!!

WHAT IS IT ???

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Multimedia said:
Working At An Apple Store Is Not A Crappy Job - It's An Honor And A Priviledge. I am sure I am not the only one here who would be happy to work all holidays every year cheerfully. You are not empathic with millions who would love to have a job working anywhere on holidays - especially at an Apple Store. :rolleyes:

I wish an Apple Store Manager lurking here would IM me for an interview in the Bay Area of Northern California. :)
I. Want. To. Work. For. Apple.

In retail. Bringing customers over from the dark side.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
Those time lapse's move too fast? What are they? Are they going backwards or forwards? And why are they playing so fast?

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
MattyMac said:
HAHA I WAS RIGHT BEHIND YOUR SONE WHEN HE SAID THAT....right near the black macbook table righ??? Swweeeeeeeeeet

Holy s**t your right! It was by the black macbooks. Small world! Swweeeeet indeed!

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001

Attachments

• 1MarriageUschiLang.jpg
    1MarriageUschiLang.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 2MarriageLuvU.jpg
    2MarriageLuvU.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 3MarriageMaryMe.jpg
    3MarriageMaryMe.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 91

cing2x

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2003
yac_moda said:
I KNEW somebody would get WHINEY about that, THAT IS WHY I DECIDED TO INCLUDE IT :p ;)

Asian ? He didn't look the Least bit INDIAN, NEPALESE, MONGOLIAN, RUSSIAN, ESKIMO, PHILIPPINO, MAORI, POLYNESIAN, Koryaks, Chukchi, Itelmens, Evens, Macaca fuscata yakui, AND ALL THOSE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT but it flashes so fast its hard to tell -- YOU REALLY DO HAVE A NARROW VIEW OF A GREAT BIG WORLD, DON'T YOU :eek:

MISO SORRY. TEE-HEE.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Steve Jobs On NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams from Inside The Store

Multimedia said:
Regarding Page 12 Post 278 Here is a video of Steve talking with Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News this evening from inside the store. :)

So much for the NBC-Microsoft alliance. ;) Brian explains "next week here we will be hearing more about his latest work and creations". :)
yac_moda said:
ACTUALLY he said at the end, "next week here we will be hearing more about his latest work and creations !!!"
I stand corrected. Thanks for noticing Yac Moda. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.