Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's rumored announcement of at least one new iPhone 14 color option is "imminent," Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said today in a tweet.

iPhone14-Yellow-Mock-3.jpg

It was rumored last week that Apple plans to make the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus available in a new Yellow finish. Multiple sources informed MacRumors that Apple's PR team is planning a product briefing with reporters this Tuesday, March 7, which could be related to the launch of a new iPhone color, but we have not confirmed the topic.

Apple often introduces new iPhone colors in the spring to boost sales midway through the product cycle. On Tuesday, March 8 of 2022, Apple introduced a new Green color for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, and a new Alpine Green color for the iPhone 13 Pro models. In April 2021, Apple made the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini available in Purple.

The new iPhone 14 color option would likely be announced with a press release on the Apple Newsroom website on Tuesday morning, potentially alongside the introduction of new iPhone case and Apple Watch band colors for the spring.

Apple first launched the iPhone 14 series last September. The new color would be purely a cosmetic change, with the hardware otherwise remaining the same. The new iPhone 15 lineup is expected to be announced in around six months from now.

Article Link: Apple's Announcement of New iPhone 14 Color Option is 'Imminent'

Last edited:
Reactions: JapanApple

BorisDG

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
As much I love yellow/orange, I'm still wondering why they are releasing new color for phones which doesn't sell well and nothing new for the Pro lineup? (if there is really no new Pro color)

14 Pro in orange for example (Pro style aka muted) would be nice.

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
As much I love yellow/orange, I'm still wondering why they are releasing new color for phones which doesn't sell well and nothing new for the Pro lineup? (if there is really no new Pro color)

Apple is good at making money. I don’t know the machinations here, but I trust they aren’t doing it for love of color.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

Pro models tend to be bought by early adopters. Most people who wanted one, already bought one.

Mainstream buyers looking to replace their iPhone might consider one of the new colors.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018

Well, since Apple keeps doing this every year, it must be worth the added expenses.

And even if these yellow 14s won't be a hit, a new, striking color will draw eyes on billboards and posters, giving retailers a reason to do promotions, reminding everyone to think about all iPhones 14 in general.

Yes, it sounds too simple to be worthwhile. But the more you think about any product, the more likely you are to buy it.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
was it just last week theses experts were saying new Mac Pro, new 15” MacBook air, and a new color… now it’s just a new color?! Is this how they keep up their stats?

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Hopefully it’s bright like the iPad 10. I can see it being a popular mid cycle product.

75Batt

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2022
Glasgow
I used to work with a reseller and the yellow iPhone really didn’t sell at all. I don’t understand why, it’s not a popular colour in anything. They sat on shelves for so long. I’d guess they sell well somewhere but it’s not here (UK). I’m also presuming with the popularity of the Pro and slow sales of the standard models, there’s no Pro colour update this spring since they consider the Pro not to need the boost as much as te standard 14s.

Reactions: BorisDG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.