Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Yellow can be a bright sunny color - but the regular iPhone 14 colors were very muted (the blue would have passed just fine as a Fortune 100 HR inspired color for the 14 Pro's), so we'll see what Apple has done to the yellow here when we actually see real pics.

On another angle, the rumors of this color didn't start swirling till very recently - somehow Apple kept it under its hat to a good extent (pretty sure we knew about the Green last year much earlier).
Me. I actually bought the official clear case from Apple, so I can showcase my Puple color. Sadly I'm not happy with the grip (too slippery) and that the bottom of the phone isn't protected. At the end I moved to silicone case.
I did some looking on that same track as well - that no bottom part of the Apple case, really Apple? Really?

Spigen Crystal (clear) is actually pretty nice - with the price down where it is, I just count on replacing it once a year and it looks immaculate. Silicone can be good as well of course.

Last edited:

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
As much I love yellow/orange, I'm still wondering why they are releasing new color for phones which doesn't sell well and nothing new for the Pro lineup? (if there is really no new Pro color)

14 Pro in orange for example (Pro style aka muted) would be nice.
I was thinking the same thing, iPhone 14 Pro in “sunset orange” would be nice.

Reactions: BorisDG

ImaginaryNerve

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2020
Daytona Beach - Florida
This was actually a thing:

View attachment 2169383
"Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Banana phone
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Banana phone.."

Joking aside, the more I look at it, the more I'm starting to kind of dig the yellow. But the rumors of the burgundy iPhone has really got me itching for one, if I'm honest.

I wouldn't mind them doing something along the lines of the old G3 iBooks and iMacs. Strawberry, anyone? But then again, I am a bit of a weirdo.

• Love
Reactions: compwiz1202

DPL145$

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2020
Seriously how much does it really matter? OK, I have no interst in a pink iPhone...but I could put a case on it couldn't I if I was given one.. Do you really look at and think about the color of someone's phone? If you really do...well...you need more help then can be rendered on a website. I realize sites need 'traffic' to drive numbers and ad revenue....but seriously...major headlines over a color that may arrive in a day or two.....and a 15 incher that may come in March, no wait- April--no this summer--no March.....

Coldsmoke55

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2016

Apple's rumored announcement of at least one new iPhone 14 color option is "imminent," Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said today in a tweet.

iPhone14-Yellow-Mock-3.jpg

It was rumored last week that Apple plans to make the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus available in a new Yellow finish. Multiple sources informed MacRumors that Apple's PR team is planning a product briefing with reporters this Tuesday, March 7, which could be related to the launch of a new iPhone color, but we have not confirmed the topic.

Apple often introduces new iPhone colors in the spring to boost sales midway through the product cycle. On Tuesday, March 8 of 2022, Apple introduced a new Green color for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, and a new Alpine Green color for the iPhone 13 Pro models. In April 2021, Apple made the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini available in Purple.

The new iPhone 14 color option would likely be announced with a press release on the Apple Newsroom website on Tuesday morning, potentially alongside the introduction of new iPhone case and Apple Watch band colors for the spring.

Apple first launched the iPhone 14 series last September. The new color would be purely a cosmetic change, with the hardware otherwise remaining the same. The new iPhone 15 lineup is expected to be announced in around six months from now.

Article Link: Apple's Announcement of New iPhone 14 Color Option is 'Imminent'
Big Whoop...a new color. Its the yellow bellied sap sucker 14.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Who exactly, is looking forward to a banana iPhone?
Raffi!

♫ Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ♫
♫ Banana phone ♫
♫ Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ♫
♫ Banana phone ♫
♫ I've got this feeling, so appealing ♫
♫ For us to get together and sing, sing! ♫

• Haha
Reactions: sorgo †

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
If Apple added this additional color to the lineup at iPhone launch then it wouldn't see the additional media exposure when there's a "special" spring event with a new, striking iPhone color some 6-7 months post iPhone launch.
At the cost of alienating some existing customers.
I was quite upset at the delayed launch of the green 13 pro.

robinp

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2008
Apparently there’s some kind of event at Apple Park tomorrow so, perhaps it’s for this.

stinkhorn9

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2020

Apple's rumored announcement of at least one new iPhone 14 color option is "imminent," Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said today in a tweet.

iPhone14-Yellow-Mock-3.jpg

It was rumored last week that Apple plans to make the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus available in a new Yellow finish. Multiple sources informed MacRumors that Apple's PR team is planning a product briefing with reporters this Tuesday, March 7, which could be related to the launch of a new iPhone color, but we have not confirmed the topic.

Apple often introduces new iPhone colors in the spring to boost sales midway through the product cycle. On Tuesday, March 8 of 2022, Apple introduced a new Green color for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, and a new Alpine Green color for the iPhone 13 Pro models. In April 2021, Apple made the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini available in Purple.

The new iPhone 14 color option would likely be announced with a press release on the Apple Newsroom website on Tuesday morning, potentially alongside the introduction of new iPhone case and Apple Watch band colors for the spring.

Apple first launched the iPhone 14 series last September. The new color would be purely a cosmetic change, with the hardware otherwise remaining the same. The new iPhone 15 lineup is expected to be announced in around six months from now.

Article Link: Apple's Announcement of New iPhone 14 Color Option is 'Imminent'
Oooooooh!
1678171963118.png

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
We are due to get new work phones next week so I would actually be interested in the yellow just because 😊 keep it for two years and then I think my youngest daughter would be thrilled with a yellow phone! My main driver and private phone is the silver 14 pro max so I would be interested in playing around with a new color. Probably would not get it for my main device tho. And it depends on the hue of yellow to be honest

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.