Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I used to work with a reseller and the yellow iPhone really didn’t sell at all. I don’t understand why, it’s not a popular colour in anything.
Popular yellow-colored products/brands: banana, Cheerios, Post-It note, Snapchat, daffodil, baby chick, corn, cheese, lemon, Ikea, DHL, Shell, the M in McDonald's logo, Nikon, Denny's, Pennzoil,...

Last edited:

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
How many folks will buy a Yellow iPhone and then hide it away in an opaque case?

I wouldn't mind a Yellow iPhone but if I'm getting one it's getting shown off. Transparent case or no case.

Reactions: compwiz1202

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030

BorisDG

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
Bulgaria, EU
How many folks will buy a Yellow iPhone and then hide it away in an opaque case?

I wouldn't mind a Yellow iPhone but if I'm getting one it's getting shown off. Transparent case or no case.
Me. I actually bought the official clear case from Apple, so I can showcase my Puple color. Sadly I'm not happy with the grip (too slippery) and that the bottom of the phone isn't protected. At the end I moved to silicone case.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Who exactly, is looking forward to a banana iPhone?

How many iPhone XR or 11 do you see roaming around in yellow?

My guess would be people who might want one. Since Apple does something like this every year, I suspect they're interested in the additional revenue that results.

"How many iPhone XR or 11 do you see roaming around in yellow?"

I've never paid attention to the color of others' phones. Ditto for wallets and purses. Probably because it's not something I care or worry about.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Me. I actually bought the official clear case from Apple, so I can showcase my Puple color. Sadly I'm not happy with the grip (too slippery) and that the bottom of the phone isn't protected. At the end I moved to silicone case.
At least you tried :) I have a transparent case on my black iPhone Pro Max but mostly for the strong magnet on the back. I do wish there was more texture on the sides of the Apple case for a better grip. Next time around I'll try a third party MagSafe case that is hopefully better in that regard.

Reactions: BorisDG

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Seriously, do you really care about the color anymore? People will just buy a case and cover their phone!!!

I buy a case and cover my phone, and the iPhone color still matters. 😉

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
I used to use iPhones without a case for years, but I got sick of the phone constantly slipping out of my pocket (usually in lighter clothing like joggers or shorts). It happened so frequently (including once while I was riding in a Lyft and I had to track the car down to get it back) that I finally gave in and bought a case. Now I don't even have to think about it; it will never slip out. It does mean I basically don't see or care about the color of the phone anymore...

The new colors are fun to look at in the store, but knowing it will be covered up with a case makes it less of a factor in my purchase.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Well, it’s going to be TOMORROW, from what I heard from industrial rumor source.

Also coming tomorrow: new Spring color iPhone cases AND Apple Watch colors.

No new MacBook Airs with 15 inch display. Likely they saving that for WWDC, alongside M3 iMacs. Kind of late to announce a new MacBook Air now when next Gen Apple Silicon for Mac is just 3 months away from being announced.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
The chief Apple designer was so impressed with the traffic light : green-> yellow->red
:)))
No new ideas , but emoji and colors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.